GT7 is just GT Sport+ (Trailer Breakdown)

Are you serious? You should probably get some sleep.

Are you having trouble seeing the icon? It says Gran Turismo Live. As it says in Gran Turismo Sport. Since your entire argument is based solely on the naming of icons on a preliminary menu mockup, I'd say making sure you have the right titles is somewhat important.

And no, you cannot tell the physics just by watching a trailer video. None of that was in-game footage.

I will wager you $100 *right now* that GT Sport and GT 7 will be racing on the same exact servers, cross platform, in the same exact races.

I'm feeling quite energetic lately so I'm willing to raise that wager. $500 that there will be no cross platform play and that it will only exist as a mode in GT7. Would anyone else like to get in on this bankroll?

You really need me to spell that out for you?

I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of children.

This forum is useless.
If all you're going to do is insult people who question your judgement, whatever "evidence" you have and then tell them that they're wrong and you're right, then get the hell off. I would swear but that isn't recommended. Besides, GT Sport was the best thing that happened to the series in recent memory IMO.

Are you having trouble seeing the icon? It says Gran Turismo Live. As it says in Gran Turismo Sport. Since your entire argument is based solely on the naming of icons on a preliminary menu mockup, I'd say making sure you have the right titles is somewhat important.

And no, you cannot tell the physics just by watching a trailer video. None of that was in-game footage.

Bm1fXPB.png

Do you see the red circle here?

Can you read to me what it says in the white lettering above the icon?

None of that was in game footage?? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'd also point out that the physics of Gran Turismo Sport itself has evolved over the years, and that the game even has two different physics for online and offline racing. So to claim that GT7 will have identical physics shows a complete lack of understanding of the basics of the game.

You really need me to spell that out for you?

I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of children.

This forum is useless.

Yes please, because you’re building all your conclusions on the assumption that they wouldn’t show GT Sport videos in GT7 unless the online aspect of GT7 was identical to GT Sport.

Bm1fXPB.png

Do you see the red circle here?

Can you read to me what it says in the white lettering above the icon?

None of that was in gram footage?? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Again, the ICON. As in the blue billboard. Text is not an icon. The billboard is the icon. Do you need a dictionary?

And yes, the trailer, just like the intro videos for every Gran Turismo game ever, are done with the rendering engine but not with the physics engine. The cars never move like they would in the game itself.

If all you're going to do is insult people who question your judgement, whatever "evidence" you have and then tell them that they're wrong and you're right, then get the hell off. I would swear but that isn't recommended. Besides, GT Sport was the best thing that happened to the series in recent memory IMO.

You keep talking about insults. What insults are you referring to? I see a lot of reaching by a good deal of you that want to say I'm insulting anyone. Get a grip.

Yes please, because you’re building all your conclusions on the assumption that they wouldn’t show GT Sport videos in GT7 unless the online aspect of GT7 was identical to GT Sport.

Yeah, you are getting close. That is an astute observation.

You keep talking about insults. What insults are you referring to? I see a lot of reaching by a good deal of you that want to say I'm insulting anyone. Get a grip.

You just did. You called different opinions pathetic and called us children for disagreeing with you. Did I make myself clear? Also "GT Sport Live" is not the correct name.

You just did. You called different opinions pathetic and called us children for disagreeing with you. Did I make myself clear? Also "GT Sport Live" is not the correct name.

False.

I can call a response pathetic... and if I say I *feel* like I am speaking with children it still isn't insulting anyone. I think you are getting all bent out of shape and personalizing everything. Just act like an adult please, and quit making everything about you. It's not about you, at all, I assure you.

False.

I can call a response pathetic... and if I say I *feel* like I am speaking with children it still isn't insulting anyone. I think you are getting all bent out of shape and personalizing everything. Just act like an adult please, and quit making everything about you. It's not about you, at all, I assure you.
Get out of here. GT7 is not GT Sport +, even if it was, that isn't a bad thing IMO. I like your point about them apparently having the same online events too. They're on two different platforms, and besides cross platform play in Gran Turismo would be a game changer so I don't know why you're so upset.

Get out of here. GT7 is not GT Sport +, even if it was, that isn't a bad thing IMO. I like your point about them apparently having the same online events too. They're on two different platforms, and besides cross platform play in Gran Turismo would be a game changer so I don't know why you're so upset.

Thats my whole point though, the online part! That's all I'm saying. People just want to overreact about the claim. It does mean that physics will be the same though, which isn't great.

I just think PD want to keep their online World Tournament going across both platforms. I think they are doing it to keep the barrier to entry down for people that don't want to or can't upgrade to the PS5.

People just get really upset when people take it upon themselves to do a little sleuthing. You see some people really PO'd in this thread about my accusations.

Thats my whole point though, the online part! That's all I'm saying. People just want to overreact about the claim. It does mean that physics will be the same though, which isn't great.

I just think PD want to keep their online World Tournament going across both platforms. I think they are doing it to keep the barrier to entry down for people that don't want to or can't upgrade to the PS5.

People just get really upset when people take it upon themselves to do a little sleuthing. You see some people really PO'd in this thread about my accusations.

I don't understand what you're saying, seriously go take some grammar lessons and figure out what you want to talk about. Cause I have no idea what you're going on about now.

I don't understand what you're saying, seriously go take some grammar lessons and figure out what you want to talk about. Cause I have no idea what you're going on about now.

Ha, yeah sure bud. If you can't understand that, I don't think it's about what I typed and more about your lack of comprehension.

This isn't sleuthing, you haven't discovered anything. You literally could have made this presumption without any shots of the menu. The menu does not back your claim. The entire concept of physics modeling or of cross-platform play has zero proof. In the end, all you have is a guess that you are mistakenly arguing as fact.

Having two separate Sport Modes is well within the realm of possibility, and limiting the FIA tournaments to GT7 only is also well within the realm of possibility simply be scheduling the seasons to coincide with the new game.

Probably because you're just making assumptions and guessing like anyone else. You're free to think what I bolded, but it's not confirmed in any shape or form. Just what you think.

This isn't sleuthing, you haven't discovered anything. You literally could have made this presumption without any shots of the menu. The menu does not back your claim. The entire concept of physics modeling or of cross-platform play has zero proof. In the end, all you have is a guess that you are mistakenly arguing as fact.

Having two separate Sport Modes is well within the realm of possibility, and limiting the FIA tournaments to GT7 only is also well within the realm of possibility simply be scheduling the seasons to coincide with the new game.

I just don't see how that would work. How can you have TWO world tournaments?

Probably because you're just making assumptions and guessing like anyone else. You're free to think what I bolded, but it's not confirmed in any shape or form. Just what you think.

It's amazing... the following sentence is why I think that, but you glossed right over that.

It's entirely possible that GT Sport Live is a misnomer - it's called Gran Turismo Live everywhere else. If I came across that playing GT7 I'd expect it to just be various videos related to the competitive aspect of Gran Turismo (i.e. this)

You see the logo and indicate that because the videos are there, they must be from the previous game. The issue here is that you ignore the possibility that the videos will be related to GT7, or that Sport will become the main competitive 'mode' in the game.
Let's assume there is crossplay. In this case, you're making the assumption that the physics are exactly the same. This ignores the possibility that GT7 could bring new physics and by extension update GT Sport's physics. @The359 already mentioned that GT Sport's physics have been updated a few times. There's nothing indicating that they're going to be exactly the same.

Your comment about multiplayer is also a little baseless. You're suggesting that it'll be replaced by GT Sport mode. This ignores the possibility that all online modes will fall under that - Sport mode, daily races and open online.

______

@pwningstone the issue here is that almost everyone is disagreeing because you're acting like it's irrefutable evidence, rather than making a line of assumptions.

Um... they stop the first world tournament and start doing them entirely on GT7?

Again, you failed to read. Sport Mode is not solely tournaments. Daily Races are not tournaments. I specifically stated the Polyphony is more than likely to transfer the FIA tournaments to GT7 by scheduling the season's dates to coincide with the launch of the new game.

Well this thread was fun.

To chime in, from what I gather your main concern is they're just releasing an extra thicc GT sport and charging full price and your evidence is that multiplayer suggests crossplay which suggests an unchanged physics model.

I don't think we have enough evidence right now to prove or disprove the physics part, but I do think we may have enough evidence to disprove crossplay. GT7 has a different tuning system, and I would be surprised if the FIA allowed crossplay between tuning systems because that could give players of one game an advantage over the other (ex. even if they're limited to the same total performance GT7 would still have much more gradation between untuned and fully tuned, as well as much more control over power curves). I didn't see any functionality for GTS style upgrades, I guess hold your breath until they release that gameplay?

I'd say that OP would have a better argument for the "GT7 = GTS+" if they talked about the gameplay instead of the menu.

It's amazing... the following sentence is why I think that, but you glossed right over that.

I didn't gloss over anything. It's still just your opinion, not fact.

I think PD will stop FIA championships in GT Sport once GT7 is released. I think they'll do that to encourage people to move to the new game. I think GTS will just continue with daily races and matchmaking for a few months before they switch the servers off entirely after ~6 months.

See, I can post what I think as well.

There's probably a bit too much hype tbh

It seems a bit too easy to take the UI layout and features from GT4, remaster(or in this case, modify) a few tracks and call it day. I'm sure that any marketing team would ride on that nostalgia. (Mind you, this is what saved COD's ass many a time, and was a major part of their marketing scheme).

Oddly enough, we never got to see how the upgrade system actually works (as opposed to what it looks like). If it just adds & removes horsepower/weight values, that would be immensely boring, since the mileage level system basically does the same thing without credits. If the aero upgrades just give you kits from the Gr.4,Gr.3 and Gr.2 cars, that would also be disappointing unless those parts can be mixed and matched.

Regardless, its too early to make calls on what will or will not be in the game. The trailer only gives us enough information to tell us that Gran Turismo is returning to form, but that's it.

Again, you failed to read. Sport Mode is not solely tournaments. Daily Races are not tournaments. I specifically stated the Polyphony is more than likely to transfer the FIA tournaments to GT7 by scheduling the season's dates to coincide with the launch of the new game.

GT Sport Live is videos of the tournament events. I'm saying that I don't think they will shift it to PS5 solely. I DO NOT think that PD is going to limit the tournament to only PS5 console owners. Their user base would shrink to a 10th of what it is today. This isn't some wild claim, this is an entirely fair deduction.

GT Sport Live is videos of the tournament events. I'm saying that I don't think they will shift it to PS5 solely. I DO NOT think that PD is going to limit the tournament to only PS5 console owners. Their user base would shrink to a 10th of what it is today. This isn't some wild claim, this is an entirely fair deduction.

And it's simply a guess. As is everyone else's.

That being said, there was no more GT Academy after GT Sport was created. Things move on. You can't hold out for older generation consoles indefinitely. I believe there is far more evidence that, given the age of GT Sport, that PD would easily move on to the next game when it releases. Likely by skipping a year of the tournament and hosting "Prologue" seasons like it has in the past to iron out the Sport Mode.

Back