GT7 is just GT Sport+ (Trailer Breakdown)

It’s not the fastest SSD on the market, but even if it was, what makes you think that would make everything possible?

Aah, the UE5 demo, which runs at 30fps. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
So it’s not only it’s speed that makes it special.

It’s not the fastest SSD on the market, but even if it was, what makes you think that would make everything possible?

Aah, the UE5 demo, which runs at 30fps. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
It is the fastest SSD on the market because it has a speed of 5.5 gb / s (uncompressed) and today, the maximum we have, and 5 of gb / s.
The SSDs will eliminate that problem, I think it's you who have no idea what you're talking about.
PS5 also has a whole I / O part that allows things that we don't have on PC today.
I advise you to see what cerny or tim sweeny says

Rjo
I think after watching nx gamer his analysis of gt7 pointing out the lod pop in,at first i was like wait a minute,there using new tech right? But then i looked closely and i saw lod pop-in, kind of confirms they using gts engine and gts on ps4 also has lod pop-in,i was dissapointed to see that,the comparison i'm making with ratchet & clank and horizon forbidden west,there was no lod pop-in or transition especially with ratchet loading from area/world you name it and i was gonna buy it day 1 but instead i'll wait for it to go on sale say for 20-30 euro my currency,this imo is not worth the full price there asking for when it comes out,i truly believe that turn 10,knowing the history of how forza 7 was developed they'll use xsx as the lead platform and scaledown to x1x,x1s if thats technically possible,i'd be surprised if they would build from Either x1s,x to xsx!!

Rjo
Im not joking,the gameplay section when they come up to that 1st cornery tunnel bit you see the lights pop in and at the long tunnel bit on the right at the end of coming out the tunnel you see the lod-in change on the trees and shadows,nx saw it and i saw it as well!! Personally considering ps5's ssd tech this should NEVER be the case on a ps5 imo!
What you saw in GT7 is almost certainly a port of GTS with new RT functions, little optimized to work with SSDs. Whereas GTS is optimized to work with mechanical HDDs the iteration with ps5 will be poorly optimized with the ps5 SSD.
It's as if you run an OW installed on mechanical HDD and then installed on an SSD, you will always have the same problems only slightly mitigated because not optimized to work with an SSD.
what we have seen of GT7 is by no means what GT7 really will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you saw in GT7 is almost certainly a port of GTS with new RT functions, little optimized to work with SSDs. Whereas GTS is optimized to work with mechanical HDDs the iteration with ps5 will be poorly optimized with the ps5 SSD.
It's as if you run an OW installed on mechanical HDD and then installed on an SSD, you will always have the same problems only slightly mitigated because not optimized to work with an SSD.
what we have seen of GT7 is by no means what GT7 really will be.
Thank God,there is hope,you get it :) and that is the problem i see as pointed out by nx gamer on his channel!!!

It is the fastest SSD on the market because it has a speed of 5.5 gb / s (uncompressed) and today, the maximum we have, and 5 of gb / s.
The SSDs will eliminate that problem, I think it's you who have no idea what you're talking about.
PS5 also has a whole I / O part that allows things that we don't have on PC today.
I advise you to see what cerny or tim sweeny says
Guys, don’t get me wrong, I’m what many would call a PlayStation fanboy, but I try to keep my expectations in check. LOD pop-in may very possibly be a thing of the past in 30fps action adventure games and such, but I don’t know about a racing game in which you travel 300km/h at 60fps, but let’s see. I hope you’re right, and I’m wrong, but I don’t know, and neither do you.

As impressive as the Ratchet & Clank demo was, it still had loading times of up to 2-3 seconds (by loading times I mean the transitions between dimensions), so loading times are not eliminated, but they’re fast indeed.

The SSDs pretty much eliminate the need for LOD pop in just as we've seen in the UE5 demo.
SSD are great but they're not magical or anything like that. LOL
With complex, huge games with very detailed graphics like GT7, you still won't be able to load everything instantly, its simply impossible.
I use SSD in my PC since many years ago, and while being an ENORMOUS improvement over the old mechanical HDD's, they still have their limits.
These benchmarks of 5 or more GB/s are not to be taken that seriously, because this counts the speed while only loading ONE file, but when you have so many files loading, the speeds become much much slower.

Last edited:
It will be as much a simulator as past GT games relative to the technology available to it IMO. Gran Turismo has always been realistic enough to feel real but accessible enough for all to enjoy. And by that I don't mean easy, because a simulator shouldn't be too hard to drive any car fast, some "simulators" are a lot harder to drive certain cars fast than it is to do so in real life. Gran Turismo is realistic, but it's not the most realistic driving sim available and I think that is the same position it will be in when GT7 comes out.

I for one was impressed by GTS over all others because of it’s cost , simple to use and fast turn around for the multiplayers online. The only thing that I see a problem is it’s penalty system. If they fix that in GT7 it will be a winner in the market place.
Maybe add one race in the daily’s as a one day open class Friday where the drivers can build his own car from the ground up to enter a 5 lap qualifying races for a 20 car 10 lap Main Event where The line up is pick by the fastest time in the qualifying races . No time trials no DR ratings Just pure racing.

I was very disapointed when they showed the gameplay part. I was like: Oh nooo it's the same as GT Sport...

Good to know that I'm not only the one who saw this. I was hoping for increased number of cars in online and with single player races, but if this is made on GT Sport foundation they will not deliver.

Damn, I was hoping for 40+ cars multiclass on Le Mans or something...

All I have to say is that the Porsche 917k was actually planned for GTSport. The car was scanned before 2018!
https://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation-4/gran-turismo-sport/credits

Credits
Filming Support Auto Sports Rabbit HONDA Kan, CAR DEALER QUALITY, IMMENS MOTORSPORT, KING BUYER Co.Ltd.,[...] Vanessa Finburgh, Mark Finburgh,

https://classiccarcuration.co.uk/po...f-liveried-porsche-917k-attends-castle-combe/
So many cars get scanned for Gran Turismo that either never make the game, or take a long long time

I use SSD in my PC since many years ago, and while being an ENORMOUS improvement over the old mechanical HDD's, they still have their limits.

PC’s have bottlenecks within the system, which means an SSD, while making an improvement in most games, wont be too big of a jump.

The PS5 has been manufactured so that it doesn’t have to deal with the majority of these bottlenecks. It’s kinda hard to explain, but they go into a lot of detail about it in the Road To PS5 stream

With complex, huge games with very detailed graphics like GT7, you still won't be able to load everything instantly, its simply impossible.
These benchmarks of 5 or more GB/s are not to be taken that seriously, because this counts the speed while only loading ONE file, but when you have so many files loading, the speeds become much much slower.

The PS5 I/O is designed to maximize the SSD. It's not like what happens on current PCs at all.

I'm going to admit, having watched the footage and some analysis -- I believe I may have been too harsh on the game.

There is a lot of improvement that aren't apparent, but combines should be great.

- RT reflections really elevate the presentations. Even more so when GTSport's reflections weren't any good.

- The GI solution seems really improved. Light bouncing is much better handled; cockpits are now better lit.

- Native 4K. The IQ should be flawless.

- Dynamic TOD (if confirmed) will be a game changer.

There is still much to be done. We do have to keep in mind that this game is only 2 years in development (at the same time as supporting another game) and RT would've been much of the work. It will only get better.

Yes it is just gt sport graphically and very underwhelming but we probably get dynamic lightning, some rt, I guess more than 20 cars during race and that's it.

snc
Yes it is just gt sport graphically and very underwhelming but we probably get dynamic lightning, some rt, I guess more than 20 cars during race and that's it.

Its kinda crazy how many times I’ve had to bring it up, but GTS looked bad when it was first announced. By the time it had released, it was one of the best looking games on the PS4.

Considering the game doesn’t even have any kind of release period (and that game development was most likely very slow the last few months due to COVID), it’s fair to say that the additional development time will allow for greater graphics than what we’ve seen in GTS. The gameplay we’ve seen was clearly an early build. Give it time

Its kinda crazy how many times I’ve had to bring it up, but GTS looked bad when it was first announced. By the time it had released, it was one of the best looking games on the PS4.

Considering the game doesn’t even have any kind of release period (and that game development was most likely very slow the last few months due to COVID), it’s fair to say that the additional development time will allow for greater graphics than what we’ve seen in GTS. The gameplay we’ve seen was clearly an early build. Give it time
Well, GT7 already looks significantly better than GTS. With diminishing returns we often imagine current games look better than they are. Areas such as dynamic lighting/weather (if we get them) will have a very significant impact on the way all tracks look.

This reveal was a barebones look that focused on the CaRPG aspects. In time we’ll get in-depth looks at the tech and features.

Your comparing orange to apples, ps5 games will use compressed data, ps5 architecture its all build arround the custom SSD with 6 levels of prority and 12 channels, ps5 have dedicated hardware to uncompress data whitout using cpu resources wich turns a ps5 straming beast.
That dedicated hardware is able to stream 22 gb/s of data not 5.5 gb/s, 5.5 gb/s it´s raw speed only, the I/O its customised have nothing to do with a pc.

Anyway go see Ratchet and clank rift apart, they can load entires lvls and assets in a split second.

About Gt7 it´s still to early to know how they will handle the online mode but gt7 its a ps5 exclusive with more tracks and more cars and with up to date hardware wich means visuals and phisics will change also so better wait i guess.

Last edited:
I think its safe to do a comparison between GT Sport and GT7 since we are already discussing some similatities and what not.

Given this is just a early comparison there are already visual difference in reflections and shading.

Also remember GT7 is 4K, so people watching in 1080p are missing out on a graphical bump.

I assume GT7 is just the Ray-Tracing Tech Demo now optimised to run in 4K60 now from a year and half ago.

Late 2018

Look at the Veyron Interior from September 2018...

Looks better but it's using a HDRI Enviroment map which they use in Scapes make it look this way, different to game-play.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-28-at-5.14.39-PM.png

GT7 Interior shot using HDRI.

gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-15.jpg

Look very similar?

I assume GT7 is just the Ray-Tracing Tech Demo now optimised to run in 4K60 now from a year and half ago.

Late 2018

Look at the Veyron Interior from September 2018...

Looks better but it's using a HDRI Enviroment map which they use in Scapes make it look this way, different to game-play.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-28-at-5.14.39-PM.png

GT7 Interior shot using HDRI.

gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-15.jpg

Look very similar?

Great post! I remember the images when they released them but sort of forgot over time. It’s funny, first thing I thought of when I saw the ray traced Jag wheel in the GT7 trailer was that ray tracing demo. It does look similar indeed, thanks for sharing!

I think the gameplay parts we saw from GT7, aren't exactly the final product and more like a GTS Ultra edition.
PD did something like this for PS2 with GT2000 and then we saw GT3 as the final game.
They also did this for PS3 with Vision Gran Turismo, an updates version of GT4. And then we got GTHD and GT5.
They're doing this for another time in my opinion. An updated version of GTS with some new effects and things like that. They just didn't call it Gran Turismo Ultra, Gran Turismo 4K, GTUHD or things like that, because they didn't want to make some fans angry. We had a whole generation without numbered GT and another GT project without number could be a mistake, so they called their first PS5 demonstration GT7. It's not really GT7 at this moment, but they'll update it in future to make it a real next gen GT at release.

I wonder if at long last we will have a forza vista style look at the cars, opening of doors etc etc...probably not but you never know...
Pretty sure not in our lifetime.
It's already a miracle if they bring back the chase cam with 360 degrees view they gave us in a very early version of GTS (was that a demo/beta? Can't remember)

I wonder if at long last we will have a forza vista style look at the cars, opening of doors etc etc...probably not but you never know...
I hope anything like that is at the very bottom of the 'to do' list, several pages after improvements to the driving part of the game. And AI. And penalties.

I've got a theory that PD have their ideal game running on a supercomputer and they're forced to pick and choose what they cram into a console each evolution. Hoping we'll have a console that can handle advanced physics at long last.

I tend to not comment on such threads but what the 🤬 ill do an exception.
with the biggest FU we got from PD regarding GT7.
We didn't get any.

is just a continuation of GT Sport
What you mean is that the sport element of GT Sport will be carried over which fairly obvious.

and that both games will be running concurrently within the Gran Turismo Tournament series.
No

The implications of this are pretty glaring
All i see is assumptions.

for what we all were hoping we would get with a new iteration,
For the love of god... its like GT Sport all over "we want this" "we want that" who's we ? Don't you people have a pair of 🤬 anymore and have to use we to make your arguments look legit?.

we will NOT get a new physics model that will harness the power of the PS5.
You don't know that.

As you can see from the capture of the GT7 menu that "GT Sport Live" is included. As you may know, this includes videos from the tournament event series. This means that GT7 will participate in the GT Sport tournament series because it wouldn't be included in a game that didn't have it.
Ok lets make something clear the championships whitin the game are called "FIA Gran Turismo Championships." The game in its entirety is called Gran Turismo Sport because the core of the game is sport mode. So the "This means that GT7 will participate in the GT Sport tournament series" part dosen't make sense we can't join other dimensions.

GT 7's online multiplayer section will in fact be GT Sports Weekly Race and Tournament Series, they are and will be exactly the same
Again what you mean is that Sport mode will be carried over but we don't know how .

GT 7 will have the same exact physics as GT Sport
You don't know that either.

GT 7 will not utilize the PS5's power for a better physics model
^

This "Multiplayer" section is definitely a pretty bland placeholder.
As is the entire build but people are jumping to conclutions. And if you don't beliave me i encourage you to search and see for yourself how the first build of GT2 or GT4 was compare to the final game.

The reason behind the disguise is the fact that this will actually be called "GT Sport". In line with the rest of the naming scheme from this menu.
eh... what did i tell you?^^^^^

Yes, GT Sport's online portion will be the core of GT7 online racing.
No :censored:Sherlock.

If you are an online racer only and don't care about career mode, why would you buy this game? Just the upscaled (2)4k and 120Hz rate?
Or the new possibility's which will be available from it.

probably some added cars to GTS after GT7 release... same situation with the tracks. Only those available on both consoles.
That never happend nor it will happen because that dosen't make any sense "Hey GT fans Trial mountain is back with new exciting cars but instead of keeping them for our next game on our publishers new system we will add them to our 3 year old game for free because we love you so much dispite the daily abuse we recieve!" Its a business not a charity.

PD wants to keep the GT Sport Series going, and are going to keep GTS relevant for their Tournaments.
They will but not in the way you think.

Yeah no. World Tournament isn't going to stop to let everyone go out and buy a $600 PS5 and another $80 for the game to be in the league.
They are not gonna stop because as Samus and Famine already pointed out...

93% of GTS players have done 10 or less races in Sport Mode in total. 82% have done zero.
So GT7 will reach these numbers in a faw days if not hours.

Regardless of whether you agree with me about the trailer, I think we can all agree that if we just get the same engine with the same physics models its going to be a let down.
It will be but we won't anyway.

it’s pretty safe to say that is going to be more of an evolution than revolution
I would argue that GT Sport is the only revolution in the series (and that backfired big time) because if you think about it GT1-6 followed the same exact formula. Some with more content some with better visuals etc. So in conclution OP's fear is that Sport mode will carry on as is into GT7 and the rest of it is over the top assumptions.

Last edited:
Back