GT7 is just GT Sport+ (Trailer Breakdown)

So you did a surgical analysis of a video of a developing game and almost even went to review it?:lol::lol::lol:

Exactly…, i think people are assuming to much.
I play GT sport almost every day and i own a 4k/hdr tv.

I can see the bump in de graphics and detail overall…, and it´s not that small, its a big jump overall.

How can people tell the differences in how it fells to play…, impossible to do just by watching a trailer XD, i use a wheel to play.., but new dualsense controler will have reactive triggers and a new haptic system that will be better compared to rumble, that 2 features alone will give people a way better feedback of the cars/tracks etc.

More options in FOV is what i wish.
Nothing more to ask cause from what PD showed in trailer it seems they will add lot more single player content and tunning related content etc.

as changes are not in speed we wish
PS5 was the moment to raise the simulation aspect of the game, being a tyre model something basic nowadays. It is not that the game does not evolve as fast as we'd like to (14 years i think it is enough of a commodity), but it being the racing game that has evolved the less physics wise I know of, literally.

He literally has no excuse to begin adding such things now that this new console will be indeed a considerable jump compared what we've had in the past, which would also make the game feel as GT as always without compromising its core experience, but now more advanced as times demand.

This guy probably is one of the laziest in the scene. He's being living off Sony's consent like a champ for a decade and a half already, just improving graphics and little more instalment after instalment, and little stuff regarding the suspension system in the ps3 era. And what about his work in this last gen?, Just one game and almost at the end of the console cycle. Come on. And to make things worse Sony killed Evolution studios only to feed him, just so he could continue to live such a quite life under their umbrella.

I was really excited to come back to GT at long last after the terrible ps3 era that I escaped, but after watching those videos and realizing it seems identical to GT sport but with better graphics then the hype cooled down quite a lot. This guy definitely takes conservatism to a whole new level, and with the ps5 power + all the advanced sims in the market with proper tyre and suspension models already developed for lesser systems to a ps5-xboxX, that is just straight away unacceptable.

GT does need to evolve simulation wise, and that wouldn't make it less GT by any means but the complete opposite thing of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS5 was the moment to raise the simulation aspect of the game,
And they most likely will.

This guy probably is one of the laziest in the scene.
Wow if you are not a dev yourself its not the best idea to go there.

He's being living off Sony's consent like a champ for a decade and a half already,
So apperantly making it in life is a crime now :confused: .

just improving graphics and little more instalment after instalment, and little stuff regarding the suspension system in the ps3 era.
Are you sure ? Because i may be a bad driver but even i can feel quite a big diference between each game.

And what about his work in this last gen?, Just one game and almost at the end of the console cycle. Come on.
Ill give you that one releasing GT6 on PS3 was a major fail but since it happened you can't expect them to build everything from scratch sooner than they did.

And to make things worse Sony killed Evolution studios only to feed him, just so he could continue to live such a quite life under their umbrella.
How on god's green earth has that anything to do with PD ? last i checked all they released was arcade games. The WRC games (which i love) some Motorstorm games (which i know nothing about) and arguably thair biggest hit Driveclub.

I was really excited to come back to GT at long last after the terrible ps3 era that I escaped,
Calm down Indiana Jones.
but after watching those videos and realizing it seems identical to GT sport but with better graphics then the hype cooled down quite a lot.
So you are doing the same mistake the OP and many others do congratulations.

+ all the advanced sims in the market with proper tyre and suspension models already developed for lesser systems to a ps5-xboxX, that is just straight away unacceptable.
Ok lets make one thing clear GT is a series for the masses going against this nonesense trend which has risen in recent years "Look at how big my virtual 🤬 is im a serious gamer i only play with serious sims not arcade garbage you (insert insault here most likely kid) ". Alright lets check how Assetto Corsa did in terms of sales shall we? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.gtplanet.net/assetto-corsa-has-sold-over-1-4-million-copies
Now sure this might be quite a bit outedated but lets get that into prespective 1.4 million in 2 and a bit years on 3 platforms . Thats less than the original Gran Turismo Concept on PS2. Now lets check Project Cars 1 whille we are at it.
https://www.google.com/url?sa =t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-has-sold-over-two-million-copies
Alright thats better 2 million in 1+ year. I coulden't find anything on PC2 tho. Alright lets check the equivalent GT tites
GT6 (the worst of the main series) 5+ million in 3 years (1.7M per year). Dispite releasing as and when it did. And as for GT Sport estimates suggest 8 million from january 2019 (a bit more than a year after its release) . Something similar goes for Forza Motorsport . My point? You hardcore full sim players are not the majority of the market the developers are not stupid. For example i was like 4-5 years old when i got into games, give a 5 year old (or someone of any age who just wants to have fun on a pad) GT Sport which is ready out of the box and PC2 which has multiple settings to adjust before even getting playable and see which they prefer.

GT does need to evolve simulation wise, and that wouldn't make it less GT by any means but the complete opposite thing of course.
That depends on how major the evoloution will be if it becomes like Assetto Corsa then it won't be GT anymore.

Not sure if Viperconcept is a member here in GT Planet but I think he pretty much summed up what to expect from GT7 and his points are pretty valuable especially on the physics part.

Incase people wanna know what how credible and knowledgeable he is and why I chose his video here is a little video of his backstory.

And they most likely will.
That video doesn't seem to point in that direction.

Wow if you are not a dev yourself its not the best idea to go there.
Because it ain't true right

So apperantly making it in life is a crime now :confused: .
Of course it is not, but it should be reasonable to criticize him to step up his game after all the decade and a half milking and minor advances in his simulation. I think it is reasonable, unless you have very low standards of course, which could be the case I see.

Are you sure ? Because i may be a bad driver but even i can feel quite a big diference between each game.
You must have a a very special perception to notice true physics enhancements on the franchise story, whereas others can only see minor improvements on suspension system and little more from GT5 onwards.

Ill give you that one releasing GT6 on PS3 was a major fail but since it happened you can't expect them to build everything from scratch sooner than they did.
Indeed the ps3 era was..., ok.

How on god's green earth has that anything to do with PD ? last i checked all they released was arcade games. The WRC games (which i love) some Motorstorm games (which i know nothing about) and arguably thair biggest hit Driveclub.
It is an open secret. Ah yes had to google the expression sorry, not my native language.

Calm down Indiana Jones.
ugh, what are you, twelve?

So you are doing the same mistake the OP and many others do congratulations.
We'll see when the time comes, because you have also played the game, may I presume.

Ok lets make one thing clear GT is a series for the masses going against this nonesense trend which has risen in recent years "Look at how big my virtual 🤬 is im a serious gamer i only play with serious sims not arcade garbage you (insert insault here most likely kid) ". Alright lets check how assetto bla blah BLAH BLAH BLAHHH!!!_wall of text with poor punctuation follows...
Game can evolve to more realistic physics without any financial-sales trouble. It is an opinion, please respect it too.

A 10 minute video of waffle making conclusions from a 2 minute trailer. Classic YouTube.
I don't know what's the deal in saying that, if it seems to be very close to GT sport or borderline identical handling wise, then It probably is.

He is a simmer; an elitist and all that commoner lecture nonsense, right?, he doesn't have the right to speak his mind and opinion. Somebody guillotine him hurry!

That video doesn't seem to point in that direction
Like i said to the OP its the first publicly shown build of them game and traditionaly the first playable builds are totally different from the final game. If you don't beliave me all you need to do is a quick search on You Tube

Because it ain't true right
I just don't like using such strong words judging profesionals when i don't have a clue as to how hard it is . If you are in the field by all means do .

but it should be reasonable to criticize him to step up his game
Of course.

unless you have very low standards of course, which could be the case I see.
incorrect.

perception to notice true physics enhancements on the franchise story,
Maybe i do who knows?.

whereas others can only see minor improvements on suspension system and little more from GT5 onwards.
Now to be fair only 2 games have released since GT5 and GT6 was clearly a repackaged GT5 so you coulden't expect anything groundbraking but GT Sport is totally different.

It is an open secret. Ah yes had to google the expression sorry, not my native language.
And you learned that from were ? Angry Driveclub fans?.

ugh, what are you, twelve?
Funny you say that after writing over dramatic stuff like this.
I was really excited to come back to GT at long last after the terrible PS3 era that i escaped

We'll see when the time comes
Indeed.

because you have also played the game, may I presume
No and thats way i don't make any conclutions positive or negative.

Game can evolve to more realistic physics without any financial-sales trouble.
Correct but there's that fine line they have to follow and you want it to be like PC2 Assetto Corsa etc which is something entirely different than what its supposed to be.
It is an opinion, please respect it too.
I respect it but i also disagree 👍 .

Last edited:
A 10 minute video of waffle making conclusions from a 2 minute trailer. Classic YouTube.
Emphesising all the bad points of the game is okay(these are the things that need to be improved). Disagreeing with all the optimist thoughts is okay(there is no disapointment with no expectation). But hating on a well built video in which the youtuber makes some pretty realistic prediction with experience and enough knowledge is not that okay. (I wonder if you watched the video.) One can only pray for more videos like this on YouTube. No offense,but I think you do that all the hating stuff a little bit too hard.

Emphesising all the bad points of the game is okay(these are the things that need to be improved). Disagreeing with all the optimist thoughts is okay(there is no disapointment with no expectation). But hating on a well built video in which the youtuber makes some pretty realistic prediction with experience and enough knowledge is not that okay. (I wonder if you watched the video.) One can only pray for more videos like this on YouTube. No offense,but I think you do that all the hating stuff a little bit too hard.

It's not okay to have an opinion on Youtube videos? It's pointless waffle. He doesn't know what GT7 will actually be any more than you or I do.

Not sure if Viperconcept is a member here in GT Planet but I think he pretty much summed up what to expect from GT7 and his points are pretty valuable especially on the physics part.

Incase people wanna know what how credible and knowledgeable he is and why I chose his video here is a little video of his backstory.

Oh myyy he still uses the intro i made for him!!!

Why would PD delay the game just because of Forza 8? Graphics isn't the only reason why people like Gran Turismo, you know?
I’m sure Forza 8 will look great. But it’s also worth remembering it’s a cross-gen release. So potentially PD can make greater use of the CPU & SSD improvements.

Looking at Rachet and Clank it said "Pre-Alpha build" and Has No Relase Date.

Assume this is the same case with Gran Turismo 7. Release is probably Q4 2021-22
None of us yet know the PS5 launch games. But come on. Let’s use some common sense. Sony has multiple AAA games for their launch (window). Both GT7 & R&C received the biggest showcases.

That said, though... it is quite worrying that the official GT site hasn't updated yet with its own GT7 section. There's the trailer, but that's about it. =/
As I mentioned in another thread. None of the rumoured launch games have been detailed. My theory is that will happen when the PS5 launch & pre-orders are confirmed.

Last edited:
First off, I want to start with the biggest glaring issue that I have seen from this trailer. I will add more posts but I wanted to start off with the biggest FU we got from PD regarding GT7.

The big red flag that GT7 is just a continuation of GT Sport and that both games will be running concurrently within the Gran Turismo Tournament series. The implications of this are pretty glaring for what we all were hoping we would get with a new iteration, we will NOT get a new physics model that will harness the power of the PS5.

Bm1fXPB.png

As you can see from the capture of the GT7 menu that "GT Sport Live" is included. As you may know, this includes videos from the tournament event series. This means that GT7 will participate in the GT Sport tournament series because it wouldn't be included in a game that didn't have it.

What does this mean?
  • GT 7's online multiplayer section will in fact be GT Sports Weekly Race and Tournament Series, they are and will be exactly the same.
  • GT 7 will have the same exact physics as GT Sport
  • GT 7 will not utilize the PS5's power for a better physics model
Another dead giveaway:

KzwqZko.png

This "Multiplayer" section is definitely a pretty bland placeholder. Never has any modern online game ever used the term "multiplayer", PD does not use that terminology either.

The reason behind the disguise is the fact that this will actually be called "GT Sport". In line with the rest of the naming scheme from this menu.

Yes, GT Sport's online portion will be the core of GT7 online racing.

If you are an online racer only and don't care about career mode, why would you buy this game? Just the upscaled (2)4k and 120Hz rate?

I'll add some more contentious points from the trailer in subsequent posts.

Why don’t you look at GT Sport being a prologue to GT7? Polyphony designed the engine and everything else for GT7 and then put out a prologue in form of GT Sport on PS4 to fulfil Kaz’s esports desires and get feedback on what to improve in the next game? You are acting like such an idiot right now. What proof do you have that GT Sport mode will be the main focus of GT7? C’mon give me proof mate and I want it now. Don’t say all your ******** about it being called ‘Multiplayer’ and not GT Sport.

It's almost done, they've already said that publicly. I betting it's going to drop Spring 2021

When did they say they are done publicly? Give me proof. Otherwise why would I trust you?

Doesn't have suspension mechanics, no body roll or bounce to it.

Currently the engine focuses on grip, inertia and drag. Suspension currently is just a factor of those aspects. It needs it's own model.

The tire model is almost nonexistent currently, it's not terrible but it's very basic. The hope was that GT7 with its CPU power would be able to simulate more advanced models to give the player a more natural expected response.

No body roll? Have you seen replays of normal road cars in GT SPORT? There is plenty of body roll there mate. When you are braking the front suspension actually compresses and the car’s nose goes down. Same when the car is turning, there is roll there. It seems you just played with the race cars because ofc they are not going to have body roll because they have anti roll bars. Roll in race cars = bad. You are just a troll at this point.

Now we're engaging in making some ludicrous fiction about about Sony killing off one dev to feed another.

Feel like at this point this thread needs to be closed, Its baseless speculation with nothing other then someone feeling like they are being cheated out of a game based solely on a logo. Guy belongs on Twitter or tumblr with the amount of imagination I see here.

Now we're engaging in making some ludicrous fiction about about Sony killing off one dev to feed another.

Feel like at this point this thread needs to be closed, Its baseless speculation with nothing other then someone feeling like they are being cheated out of a game based solely on a logo. Guy belongs on Twitter or tumblr with the amount of imagination I see here.
And to add:
1. The OP hasn't been online since June 15th, 3 days after this thread gone live.
2. His first post and register date is in March 18th which is just shy 6 days later from when GT7 first unveiled.
3. He's consistently only post in GT7 subforum posting basically in similar tone to this thread OP.

His intention in this forum is pretty much clear cut at this point. I agree, no point to let this thread continue.

This.

And to add:
1. The OP hasn't been online since June 15th, 3 days after this thread gone live.
2. His first post and register date is in March 18th which is just shy 6 days later from when GT7 first unveiled.
3. He's consistently only post in GT7 subforum posting basically in similar tone to this thread OP.

His intention in this forum is pretty much clear cut at this point. I agree, no point to let this thread continue.
Also this.

I agree with the both of you.

This is the most annoying and straight up dumb story people love to tell. They closed evolution because of the really bad launch of driveclub. Game was getting bad reviews and showed low sales. They where given away it for free later on.

It’s a business and everything are measured in money. No one cares if the game was completed a year later and considered a masterpiece by many. It’s a cold decision making process based on stats and revenue.

How do you not see how foolish you are being by deconstructing a 1-2 min proof of concept video about a game still in early development?? Why people are so obsessed with hating on GT, I don't understand. Go do something else that's actually useful? Like any hobby or anything.

When the game comes out or even at least is closer to release we'll know if they just copy-pasted GTS or not. It is a waste of time to try to conjecture that now. You are pulling this from a fairy tale in your head, just wait for information.

How do you not see how foolish you are being by deconstructing a 1-2 min proof of concept video about a game still in early development?? Why people are so obsessed with hating on GT, I don't understand. Go do something else that's actually useful? Like any hobby or anything.

When the game comes out or even at least is closer to release we'll know if they just copy-pasted GTS or not. It is a waste of time to try to conjecture that now. You are pulling this from a fairy tale in your head, just wait for information.
Sorry but how do you know it's in early development, it could easily be a launch title

Back