GT7 (or or whatever it will be called) physics

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Shingo_civic, Mar 12, 2020.

?

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

This poll will close on Mar 12, 2021 at 9:34 PM.
  1. yes

91.2%
  2. no

8.8%
  1. IXON009

IXON009

Its called GT7

Edit: the vote has been replaced by another changing GT7 to GTS.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Lord Protector likes this.
  2. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

I like the driving physics. They work for someone playing on DS4. But the collision physics are just awful.

JEverettL likes this.
  3. Shingo_civic

Shingo_civic

Yeah i hope they introduce some new,more complex and realistic collision physics, the ping ping pong physics that we have now are innaceptable honestly

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    JEverettL and ShiftingGears like this.
  4. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

I think it's another barrier that particularly stops them doing a good job of rallycross or stock car oval racing.

Shingo_civic and MaxAttack like this.
  5. SSAuto

SSAuto

I'm mostly happy with GTS's physics as they are - I think they do an admirable job of making the game realistic enough while being playable on a controller. And that controller accessibility is something they cannot lose.

These are the things I have an issue with though regarding GTS physics:

- Not enough throttle control when launching cars - it seems like there's an on/off switch between applying not enough throttle and bogging down to then completely setting the tires alight when the tiniest bit of extra pressure is added.

- It can be sometimes strangely difficult when driving a RWD car to initiate a powerslide/drift - like the front wheels have a little motor on them trying to stop this from happening.

- the odd 'bouncy' collision physics.

I'm more than happy if GT becomes more realistic, provided it has the same balance of controller accessibility that GTS does. Being a forum that I imagine is mostly inhabited by big fans of the franchise and racing (games) in general, the elitist attitudes show through somewhat.

GT sells in massive numbers and they would be doing themselves a disservice if they only catered to those with expensive wheels/rigs - not everyone can afford them, and even if some can, they don't take what is at the end of the day a game so seriously.

JEverettL likes this.