GTA3 Released for PC!!!

This is From GTA3.com

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 20, 2002--Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., announced today that the PC version of Grand Theft Auto 3 is now available in stores.

Its about damn time! cant wait to get this one:)

pc version willb e alot better guarenteed. More mods will be able to be made, with more cars (i think they already started). Not sure if its gonna be onlinable, but we'll have to see. Definatly great game on ps2, so should be even better on pc....

I heard you've got a lot more options to customise the appearence of the main character, including putting your own face on him.

I just got my hands on this and it's actually pretty good. It absolutely does the PS2 version justice. It's got the exact same physics, the same controls (Unless you use the mouse, but I'm using a Thrustmaster Dual power which is basically the exact same as a PS2 controller)
The graphics have the same feel as they did on the PS2, which surprised me because I figured they Graphics would have that distinctive "PC" look to them. Even at higher resolutions the feel remains the same, just a little more crisp. :) The "Trails" are also in there, but as in the PS2 version you can turn them off. (Higher resolutions + Trails + FSAA = Slower framerates btw)
It had a minor issue with my Nvidia/XP combo but thankfully the readme had the solution. (You should always read the Readme :P)
You can change your character's appearance slightly right from the start in the menu system. All that is available though is the normal character, and the same guy with some facial hair and different colored clothes. (The default is better) It does seem as though other outfits/faces will be unlockable/imported later on though :D )
The sound was also just as good as the PS2's version with no pauses in the play.
All in all I'd say it's definitely worth it for anyone that hasn't played the PS2 version, and for anyone that was hardcore into the PS2 version and is looking for more (More to come anyway)

Originally posted by vat_man
Well, enjoy it boys because the GTA series is now exclusive to the PS2 until October 2004.

I also heard the rumoured GTA:Vice (set in Miami in the '80s) wil be out 4th quarter (possibly October).

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/360/360260p1.html

Finally some good news... for a while I was afraid the Microsoft was going to buy (and ruin) Rockstar Games. Hopefully they will add some Multiplayer elements into the next one. :)

do any of yous have you on screen shots that u have taken. If u dont know how to do it u can press print scrn (which is next to the scroll lock button.) than paste it in to a paint or another progam like it.

Regards The Porko

Well, i finnaly got the game, and all i can say is wow! It runs great on my AMD k6-2/266 mhz, 160 mb ram, 32 mb geforce2 mx, win xp pro, 60 gig 5400 rpm NTFS Hard drive. I can usually get around 15-20 fps, and for me thats good, lol. If your gonna play it at all, you gotta get the gore cheat, cause man, it just makes things so much better:)

the PC version plays the same as the PS2but with improved graphics, framerate and some nice options.

i would have thought though that they would re-model the cars and improve the citys but obviously not.. :rolleyes:

ya, thats always fun to have!

what you do is put on the code to give pedestrians weapons, then crazy pedestrians, and then its like an all out war, really cool:)

Originally posted by Psxgamer27
ya, thats always fun to have!

what you do is put on the code to give pedestrians weapons, then crazy pedestrians, and then its like an all out war, really cool:)

Especially with maximum gore!

I like to go somewhere high and out of the way with a sniper rifle, like say opposite the club where you take out Salvatore Leone, and just watch - and occasionally assist with a well placed shot here and there...

Just a clarification of my earlier post - the GTA series will be exclusive to PS2 AND PC - Rockstar's press release referred to console exclusivity.

Just for the record, the Australian PS2 release of GTA3 was censored over the treatment of prostitutes in the game, NOT the violence. I believe the only modification made was that you could not pick up prostitutes.

yeah i saw it at harvey norman last night. i friend has the uncenseored version of GTA3 for PS2. when i get a PS2 and a mod chip im gonna get a copy and pick up some sluts :lol:

eek2.gif
Does he have a pirate copy?

Back