gtc different from gt3?

• Thread starter kap
  • 9 comments

kap

after i started playing gtc long time ago(because my gt3 got scratched up), i got pretty used to it. but after playing gt3 at my friends house, it felt kinda different. even when i play with same stock cars, the cars felt a little different. is it just me, or does gtc have more of a 'feel' for the car? and i noticed that gt3, the tires spin much more than gtc.(ex: when launching off, or sharp turn with heavy foot)

Yeah, GTC does feel diffirent. I've noticed that the cars generally have more interaction with the asfalt, you have to fight the wheel a bit more. And what you said about wheelspin isn't entirely true, I've experienced that the oversteer generates itself more gradually, but that does not neseccarily mean it's less.

Yeah I felt that the cars handled a bit more realistically and felt different from GT3. But the thing about the wheels spinning I didn't less of a problem in GT Concept, try driving the Nissan Skyline Concept car man does it fishtail alot.

and i got another quick question. i won all the races and everything, so im pretty sure i have all the cars. but when i race, i sometimes race against r34's, rx7's, s15's, truenos, and a lot of other cars that i cant choose from. are those hidden cars? or i cant get them?

You can get them with mk's garage editor, but the car selector graphics won't change, so you have only a small subset to work with, and you can't be too certain what car you're selecting. GTC seems to have all the cars of GT3, the "official" ones, and a bunch of hidden cars, like IIRC a Mini rally car. Makes for some interesting hybrids too. Suzuki GSX-R/4 should be fun with F1 rubber.:)

Originally posted by drifter7
where can you buy gtc other then the internet?
In Australia or Europe otherwise getting it imported from eiether countries. I feel sorry for you Americans not being able to buy GTC as its a pretty good little game.

Originally posted by gt3freak_2001
In Australia or Europe otherwise getting it imported from eiether countries. I feel sorry for you Americans not being able to buy GTC as its a pretty good little game.

Just got the GT4P white PS2 racing pack, GTF Pro wheel, and figured what the hey why not finally try GTC?
Got the 02 Tokyo-Seoul version.
More reasons why SCEA are clueless morons.
With very little work they would have had a million selling game for Xmas 02 or Xmas 03.
Imagine GTC Tokyo-Los Angeles or Tokyo-Detroit Auto Show versions?
A lot of fun and has the "free run" that's missing from GT4P.
RSX (Integra) LM, Toyota RSC, Autumn Ring, EASY golds, two prize cars for each gold,...what a great game!

If you want a free run in GT4P turn the AI off, you still have so many laps to do but it's close enough.

Back