GTHD Video Drift Demonstration

BreakerOhio

This video is a demonstration of drifting in GTHD's Drift Trial mode, forward direction using the Driving Force Pro wheel. Doing what I can without any Force Feedback...I'm getting the hang out it somewhat...but yea...still not exactly the same, hopefully they get this lawsuit resolved soon so the Force Feedback will be availiable again. I thought my camcorder would have captured the TV screen better, but o'well...you can kind of make out what's going on if you are familiar with the track. My PS3 wasn't set up to my capture card during this recording, but below is a sample after I've had time to connect it to the capture card.

Mazda Roadster. Drifting done with wheel, but without force feedback at time of recording.
Enjoy.

Suzuki Cappuccino '95 13,165 drift trials forwards direction score.

Drifting done with the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel with working force feedback.

This is a lowest powered car to select in the Drift Trials so score wise it's been a journey to reach over 13,000 pts with this car. Posting this video up for this reason.

Gj Breaker!
nice vid man its tough playing with no FFB but seems like we are all getting a hang of it! See you guys on the boards!

well done my freind, see you on those leaderboards :D

Thanks. I see you are doing well on the ranking boards too. Good work Bee_Dizzle.

vtec513
No offense breaker but you would have been bette roff capturing the replay and then throwing it on here better luck next time

None taken, I don't have my PS3 hooked up to my capture card yet to do that. Although, the video serves more as a video demonstrating how to drift using the wheel without force feedback and to show you guys what my set up looks like.

fideles1986
why do you sit so far away from the tv?
It's a 46in TV displaying in 1080i and I see 20/20 vision. The perspective from where I'm sitting feels right.

rovens
Damn thats a loud wheel. Nice setup though.
Thats normal for the wheel.

dking
Gj Breaker!
nice vid man its tough playing with no FFB but seems like we are all getting a hang of it! See you guys on the boards!
Ditto. Nice seeing you and Bee_Dizzle alongside on the boards. You guys help represent the DFP users so I don't feel alone there.

My freind did one of these kind of recording, To get the "glare" or "brightness" of the tv out so you could record, he put a pair of sunglasses in front of the camcorder which helps alot! but then i'm not sure how well it will record you playing haha. anyway

Nice drifting! too bad I don't got Ps3 haha

Nice driving set up!
It would be cool if you shared the replay so we could check out the actual run...

BTW you don't need a capture card to share the replay simply read the sharing replay thread and perform those steps.

Nice driving set up!
It would be cool if you shared the replay so we could check out the actual run...

BTW you don't need a capture card to share the replay simply read the sharing replay thread and perform those steps.

I don't know what steps you are refering to, to share a replay without a capture card...unless someone is donating their time, but since this wheel demonstration recording I managed to get my capture card and PS3 sync'd up to record a replay in response to the suggestions that a replay posted would be nice to have. So it is availiable now...added to the first post.

I'm choosing to play out in my living room more often now that it's in HD, not like before where I would normally play through my capture card...so I haven't had much GTHD content to share lately. =)

Thanks for your comments

That was a pretty good run, BreakerOhio. I probably would have went with some of the more popular drifters like an S13 Silvia or an S15 Silvia. This, even though I'm not really a Nissan guy. An RX-7 would have also been a great choice. But I'm not hating since they aren't in the demo. You learn to make due with what you have. Certainly you've done just that. Great show.

That is a nice setup, BreakerOhio.

A bit off topic, but I also like the music on the first 2 minutes of your first video. It has similar piano sounds as DJ Shadow's "Organ Donor". I'm sure you know who he is. :)

That is a nice setup, BreakerOhio.

A bit off topic, but I also like the music on the first 2 minutes of your first video. It has similar piano sounds as DJ Shadow's "Organ Donor". I'm sure you know who he is. :)

Thanks.
I searched and found the DJ Shadow's "Organ Donor" music. It was too much piano sounds for me. Not my style, but I listened to it. Appreciate the suggestion.

When I first made this video using the wheel, I was just getting used to the wheel with the lack of force feedback. Throwing it around and around with no sense of force was a task and challenge and sorta made learning to drift new again. haha. I really dispised it at first and angry that I am playing GTHD without any force feedback, almost told myself to just stop playing it altogether. Well, I have given it time, it's been a while pass now since and it's kind of funny, but I'm getting used to this no force feedback. In a way it kind demands more from you and for me personally, is the reason why I choose to drift and why I enjoy drifting. Don't get me wrong...I miss the force feedback, but I'm adapting to it.

What is force feedback exactly?

Well my child many many moons ago it was a technology used by Sony that allowed ones self to really immerse himself into the game...which now brings us to the true meaning of force feedback ... Force= You are now forced to use a Racing wheel with no feel ....sorta like trying to walk with one leg asleep. Feedback= The hell Sony will get if we don't get said technology:nervous:

How would you guys compare drifting in GTHD to drifting in Live for speed or GT4?

I don't drift in Live for speed, but in comparision to GT4, the drifting in GTHD is a bit more forgiving and in my opinion easier to initiate. The developers seemed to ahve answered to many of the GT3 drifters by making it a bit easier to play. More forgiving as a video game than as a simulation when using the controller.

I play the game with both, but mainly enjoy using the wheel, so the wheel aspect of things haven't changed much, but the controller driving has. Use the wheel I can't give a full review because there is no force feedback. But I prefer the drifting physics from GTHD more than I do from G4. There is more push in the drifts to keep the slide moving.

This is what I noticed about using the controller...
There were significant changes they made from GT3 to GT4 to make use of the whole precision of the analog sticks to demand more control and understanding of understeer and oversteer effects by the amount of steering you dialed in when you turn in full lock on a corner...and this resulted in a lot gamers feeling like GT4 was doing it wrong, when in reality the game was demanding more from it's gamers to understand more about how much input you put into your steering could result in understeer vs oversteer.

In GT3 the game allowed you to steer into the corner full anytime you wanted with no concequences for precision on turn in, and the car would progressively oversteer to you needs. It seemed like they reverted back to this with the controller use. I find GTHD easier to play with using the controller. I find that using the wheel to be about the same, just right now with the lack of force feedback.

In comparision to GT4 the drifting aspect of it has been made a bit simiplier and the steering and and drifting control of it is closer to what you found in GT3. The ebrake effect has been made more effective in GTHD too.

GT4 had the potent snap back effect, and in GTHD this has seemed to have been reduced some. I think the power deliver during drifts has improved....the car continues to push forward through the drifts better than it did in GT4....more like what GT3 was. The most noticable change is the effect of the ebrake. In GT4 you'd have to make use of the timing and add the correct timing to your ebrake to make it be effective for use, however now in GTHD, it seems to respond to your ebrake commands and begin oversteering on use like it did in GT3.

I prefer the drifting physics in GTHD to GT4. GT4 wins with the force feedback for now....but a lot of the fun comes from the drifting mode, but even with the lack of force feed back, GTHD right now is still better than GT4. This in no way means I'm content without the force feedback.

Thanks for great reply! Looks like things are getting better. I hope there is G25 FFB support in final game.(i just love drifting with it in LFS)

FFB in GTHD would realy make me buy PS3 over 360. But likely i buy both of them.(you can get used 360 for 150€ ,PS3 is 600€)

Up until the European release, I have been playing GTHD without force feedback. I just wanted to say that with the new release of V2.0, I am very happy with the new force feedback. The "training" I got from playing without force feedback...at first I didn't appreciate it, but playing with the limitations were helpful. It helped to improve my reflexes with the wheel since I had no sense of feel in the wheel thus I had to rely on my experiences with GT4 and demand more control in other areas of sound, sight, and speed to figure out how to do it without force feedback. Now that force feedback is available I think there will be lots more room to improve...I think I have gained good experience from playing this way that helps to improve more of my understanding and hope to demonstrate these results through the rankings with everyone else here.
Thank you for watching and for those that have left some comments, I apprecaite'em. I am very happy to have Force Feeback again.

Is the feedback the same as GT4 or somehow different - I'm asking because I saw in another thread that it feels weak. Nice vids btw.

Is the feedback the same as GT4 or somehow different - I'm asking because I saw in another thread that it feels weak. Nice vids btw.

I notice the strength of the force feedback varies between car choice. I feel a difference when using the Suzuki Cappuccino '95, I steer and recieve less force compared to when I'm driving the Infiniti G35 COUPE '06.

Back