1889-present North Dakota

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1889-present North Dakota nominated by @Cowboy

Information: 39th state of the US; lies in the northwestern part of the country. The state is the 47th most populous state and 47th most densely populated state, having roughly 752,000 residents. The capital of the state is Bismarck. The largest city in North Dakota is Fargo, with a population of about 121,000.North Dakota has the lowest unemployment rate out of any US state.

As boring and unpredictable (weather-wise) as this state can be, I wouldn't trade it for living anywhere else.

Also @Turbo, the description should say midwestern instead of northwestern ;)

North Midian? Mid Northian? Wherever it is, it's certainly not west.
Strictly speaking, the midwest isn't really in the west. I mean, Ohio is part of the midwest and it's in the eastern quarter of the country.

To add to this, I think the phrase comes from back when settlers were still exploring westward from the already settled east coast back in the 18th and 19th centuries. There was a time when eastern Kentucky was considered very far west, so I think it's just a remnant of the moving frontier (manifest destiny etc.).

Last edited:
How's the traffic there? Because in Northern California(Oregon), it's unbearable.

I couldn't take boring when I was younger. Now that I'm older, boring & less traffic sounds pretty good. I'd go "cool". :lol:

Voted Sub-Zero because, well...have you seen this place in the winter? Sub-zero indeed.

Sub Zero because Peace Garden State.
And Louis L'Amour westerns. And J.T.Edson westerns. And westerns.
And

And, of course, the clincher - @TB

10/8/3 voters have problems with a certain mod, think North Dakota is Meh or worse.

But, did we ever #stopTB?
44YCxgp.gif

10/8/3 voters have problems with a certain mod, think North Dakota is Meh or worse.
Myself included.

TB
44YCxgp.gif

Myself included.
Really? Why not move house? There are still a few houses for sale in this beautiful country we call Belgium. And, free food for life for me, I can't decline such an offer. You did say, you will feed me? No?

Back