United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1993-present Texas Roadhouse nominated by @Cowboy

3e5eabbb583c8662356d842db529e0e1-jpg.657731

Founder:
W. Kent Taylor
Headquarters: Louisville, KY
Food served: Steak, ribs, seafood, burgers
Information: Texas Roadhouse was founded on February 17, 1993, at the Green Tree Mall in Clarksville, Indiana; across the Ohio River from Louisville. Founder W. Kent Taylor lived in Colorado and worked at nightclubs and restaurants there, having aspirations to attend a culinary school. In 1990, Taylor returned to his hometown of Louisville. He began work as a Kentucky Fried Chicken manager, and had dreams to open a Colorado-themed restaurant. Former Kentucky Governor John Y. Brown, Jr. helped Taylor fulfill his dream by backing him with $80,000. In 1991, Taylor opened Buckhead Hickory Grill, the chain that would eventually becomeBuckhead Mountain Grill. Taylor was his own executive chef. Brown invested more money and wanted to open a second store in Clarksville, but complications in the partnership caused it to fall apart. Taylor through Scott Canfield found new partners and was forced to use a new name, Texas Roadhouse. A year later, he sold his shares in Buckhead Mountain Grill.

Horrible wait times (at the one by my place at least) and food that's nothing special don't make up for the delicious rolls.

Uncool.

I think Logan's is better but the food here is good, the staff at the ones I've been to do try a bit hard to earn their tip. And they're usually woman with a ton of make up, if they sold more wing options and had them in less clothing you'd think you were at a Hooters or Tilted Kilt. Should of gave it a meh now that I think about it, but cool for the many good meals I've had their and discount on their rolls during the holidays so you can have them with your home meal of turkey or ham.

I probably would give the place a try. Meh.

Oh, I'd definitely be willing to give the place a try.

Just found out through a quick google that there are several of them within 20 miles of my location. None within ten, which may be why I didn't know any were around here.

At first I was like psh this restaurant chain wont make it to New England. But there is one right down the road from me. :lol: Huh, guess I've never seen it. Judging by the pictures, it might just be as cool as Texas is. So not that cool really.

Oh, I'd definitely be willing to give the place a try.

Just found out through a quick google that there are several of them within 20 miles of my location. None within ten, which may be why I didn't know any were around here.

There's one about ~20 miles north of me, but I rarely go up that way.

Back