Weight: 1030 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: FR
1956_Ferrari_250GTZagato1.jpg

1956_Ferrari_250GTZagato3.jpg

5750497375_65f0cd6c36_b.jpg

file.php

ferrari_250_gt_tdf_zagato_sanction_II_07pop.jpg

Very pretty car, but there's still prettier Ferraris, especially from this era. I don't think I've ever seen one, despite the variety of multimillion-dollar Ferraris I see at the Concours every year. This is the kind of car I'd vote SZ for if I didn't already know everyone and their mothers was also gonna go SZ, so it's a high cool from me.

This is the kind of car I'd vote SZ for if I didn't already know everyone and their mothers was also gonna go SZ, so it's a high cool from me.
:odd:

Nonconformity for the sake of nonconformity is so 2009, man. And does the Cool Wall recognize the difference between "high cool" and any other degree of cool?

:odd:

Nonconformity for the sake of nonconformity is so 2009, man. And does the Cool Wall recognize the difference between "high cool" and any other degree of cool?
No, I just wanted to offset the votes a bit. And I did explain that I didn't think the car was as pretty as some other period Ferraris.

And the "high cool" "low cool" thing doesn't affect results, some people just use it to show whether their cool vote was closer to meh or SZ in their minds. It's for discussion purposes.

Last edited:
No, I just wanted to offset the votes a bit.
Why should the votes be offset? What does that even mean?

Why shouldn't the vote be varied, not artificially, but by way of people legitimately feeling differently about it? In the exceedingly unlikely event that nobody feels differently about it, is that really so problematic?

And I did explain that I didn't think the car was as pretty as some other period Ferraris.
But you said you'd vote SZ for it. I quoted you as having said as much. You declined to do so not on merit, but because you expected others to vote SZ for it.

This is absurd even compared to the assertion that cars are to be rated as Clarkson et al expect some woman expect some woman to rate them.

Isn't the first car in "additional pictures" a different car?
Not meaningfully, to my knowledge. They're all different cars in that they're handbuilt and are styled and assembled to customer specification to some degree, but they're considered to be part of the same run.

Isn't the first car in "additional pictures" a different car?
Probably just a slight variation of the same car, since they were all coachbuilt and allowed for small changes based on the buyer's preference. That picture was in the original nomination post along with main picture.

Why should the votes be offset? What does that even mean?

Why shouldn't the vote be varied, not artificially, but by way of people legitimately feeling differently about it? In the exceedingly unlikely event that nobody feels differently about it, is that really so problematic?

But you said you'd vote SZ for it. I quoted you as having said as much. You declined to do so not on merit, but because you expected others to vote SZ for it.

This is absurd even compared to the assertion that cars are to be rated as Clarkson et al expect some woman expect some woman to rate them.

Not meaningfully, to my knowledge. They're all different cars in that they're handbuilt and are styled and assembled to customer specification to some degree, but they're considered to be part of the same run.
What I meant was that since I often find more obscure cars cooler and I would probably find this car cooler if it wasn't already something so famous/important. I get that I worded it wrong by mentioning votes in my opening post, that's just what I came up with in the 10 seconds between posting the thread and voting. I never intended to vote SZ on this car and voted exactly what I thought the car deserved. I said "This is the kind of car that I'd vote SZ for..." that's what you quoted. And it means exactly that, I would (and have) voted SZ on many similar cars, just not this one. "Offsetting the votes" just means voting cool instead of SZ, nothing more than that. It's not like I came in here and said that I love this car and would vote SZ on it but instead voted SU just to annoy people. The car's still gonna end up somewhere in the SZ range, or even the Ice Box.

And I'm not gonna attest to being perfect. There's been plenty of times I've "voted wrong," I'm sure. If you still think I voted wrong then that's okay, because there should be enough people voting that we get a general idea of opinions on the car. And it's all subjective anyway.

Last edited:
With every bit of the confidence one would expect of someone oblivious to the fact that their own remarks are still right there on the page. Amazing.

I just need to vote SZ on this one.
There are very few Ferraris that don't get a SZ from me.
The design of the italian cars of this era is incomparable against almost every other car.

With every bit of the confidence one would expect of someone oblivious to the fact that their own remarks are still right there on the page. Amazing.
I said I worded it badly, what more do you want??

Why does it seem like a lot of older cars get "Sub-Zero" calls than most modern machines? Anyhow, while this is not my favorite Ferrari 250 series car, my goodness- GORGEOUS! Very easy Sub-Zero from me. This is gorgeousness on wheels.

Not as classically Zagato in its styling as other Zagato creations from this era. And two different fronts! How many did they make? Also does the red one even have a double bubble roof?

This looks like I'm hating on it but I do genuinely like it, I just don't think it deserves a SZ. Cool.

Back