Power: 350-375 hp
Torque: 480 lb-ft
Weight: 2091 kg
Transmission: 3-speed auto
Drivetrain: FR
Kampen%20Netherlands_%20_Imperial_1970_Crown_Hardtop%20Coupe_%20_Overall.jpeg

8f541aa056251cb5ffe2333be582ba90.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

T9k3VUjunbVzyBdEvRkAjchgZ6becy-1QOULrjVn-TN9LfxEoosRS67wOIHZamVw2ESHqZiQN5z1eHWjDvsXrUoaYYeK6yYhM8MmtimnoyTu-aMBloQv_KZnofgiqkfB1IgUhR-NBCDIM7Ml26DMbVjlhmkz

Easy SZ from me here. Love the looks of this thing, and something about the name "Imperial LeBaron" is really cool too. Sounds much better than the Chrysler LeBarons that came later. Of course this car is cooler than those in any other aspect too though.

Strong Cool, but not awesome enough for Sub-Zero for me. This is surely a great looker with a mean presence.

Sub zero, it's imposing in every single way and one of the most american cars I could think of.
Also that gigantic V8, now that's a gas guzzler :lol:

I've always loved Imperials for being just as classy and opulent as their Cadillac and Lincoln rivals, but lesser-known and more understated. Cool.

Lordy that is a machine. Name me an American car from about 1965-1969 that isn't cool as hell.

Corvair? Other than that it seems you're right. Even the most mundane offerings from that time period seem cool 55 years later.

1968%20Chevrolet%20Corvair%20Monza%20Sport%20Coupe%20Postcard.JPG
I still think those are pretty cool. They're not good by any means but they look nice, are weird, and are rare, and that's pretty cool in my opinion.

Lordy that is a machine. Name me an American car from about 1965-1969 that isn't cool as hell.
Anything AMC made that wasn't the Javelin; especially ones like the Marlin and Ambassador that were trying to copy cool cars like the Barracuda and the Grand Prix but screwed everything up.

Anything AMC made that wasn't the Javelin; especially ones like the Marlin and Ambassador that were trying to copy cool cars like the Barracuda and the Grand Prix but screwed everything up.
They might all look horrendous but they're still cool! They're even rarer than everything else which makes them oddballs for sure. They almost look like store-brand versions of their counterparts which is hilarious and interesting.

The actual car itself is probably a massive heap of junk. Poor fuel economy, horrible handling...

...but there's just something about the presence, and that name.

I would normally give something out of this era like this a meh or an uncool, but this one just can't be anything but SZ.

Back