Weight: 1417 kg
Transmission: 6-speed Getrag 560G manual
Drivetrain: FR
photos_maserati_shamal_1990_2_b.jpg

605717.jpg

Shamal_interior.jpg

1992-Maserati-Shamal-2.jpg

Last edited:
I love '90s Italian styling, so this is an easy SZ for me.

EDIT: Normally I'd feel bad about the relative lack of responses here, but I know we've all had more important polls to think about recently. I might hold off tomorrow's Cool Wall post until Saturday if we don't know the real election results yet.

Last edited:
I find the Quattroporte of the period way more attractive than the coupes (Shamal and Ghibli especially), but it's a low cool nonetheless.

I'll be honest- I never really liked Maserati. There have only been two Maseratis all time like I liked- the GranTurismo and the MC12. I do like the newer MC20. As for this Maserati Shamal, I'm not really feeling it all that much. Never heard of this car until today. Even for its time, there just isn't enough to make me go any higher than "Cool," so this is a Meh for me. A "Meh-serati" if you will...

An ugly car with shoddy build quality and poor reliability. Plus I never really cared for Maseratis anyway.

SU.

It looks like someone took some cheap 80s coupé and did a poor job of trying to turn it into a Maserati replica.

It looks like every other Italian hatch like coupe from the era, and they are all cool. Sub zero perhaps. If you show up for a car meet in this (which is a big “if”), you’ll have just as big of a crowd as anyone there.

It’s a sporty Italian. Might not be built well, but it’ll still turn heads. And you spend all your money, your families money, and that loan shark’s money, you could have a car that’ll not just turn heads on the back of a flat bed. But it’ll still be cooler than cool.

The Biturbo was a good looking car. This not so much. I'm not keen on that spoiler in front of the windscreen for one. I think it drags it down from a SZ (it's an Italian sports car) to a low cool.

Back