GTP Cool Wall 1998-2004 Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 42 comments

1998-2004 Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love this car, I drive a Subaru WRX Wagon in a unique color (Sonic Yellow). I think the performance out out this car is great, and the wagon is awesome.

But, then I think of this scenario, attractive woman asks, "Why is your car named after a reindeer?"

Guys, Blitzen translates to "flash" in English. I'm pretty sure by Blitzen they meant lightning, not a reindeer.

She already walked away…

Uncool.

But, then I think of this scenario, attractive woman asks, "Why is your car named after a reindeer?"

She already walked away…

Uncool.

That's why you just call it a Legacy. :P

You wouldn't tell a hot woman you drive a 'Subaru Impreza WRX STi' (at least you shouldn't), because she's either fallen asleep, or if she listens to the whole thing, will promptly ask why it's named after a sexual disease.

SVX
That's why you just call it a Legacy. :P

You wouldn't tell a hot woman you drive a 'Subaru Impreza WRX STi' (at least you shouldn't), because she's either fallen asleep, or if she listens to the whole thing, will promptly ask why it's named after a sexual disease.
"What do you drive?"
"A Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Super Veloce China Limited Edition."

Big fan of Subaru anyway, but I think lots of little touches on this car just tip it over to sub-zero for me (but if it lands in cool, that'll be fine).

Blitzen, Deutsche for Faster than light, they asked Porsche to help them design it, and to my eye the front intakes have been modelled closely on a 996 911 Turbo, here.

Just, make sure you get the station wagon ;) - Sub Zero

EDIT: Sorry, I just want to add, are we seriously suggesting on the GTP Cool Wall there is place for both the sedan and wagon version of this car? Isn't that just nuts? Imagine having the 3 door and 5 door of every hatchback? Or any other non-speciality shape, that's ridiculous, and I think its a shame if people voted down for sedan.

35ddcsj.jpg

2rq2ago.jpg

Last edited:
having the name of one of Santa's reindeer knock it down to Seriously Uncool land.

Named after a Reindeer. Seriously uncool.

Just to expand on the already mentioned point:

Donner and Blitzen are German for thunder and lightning, respectively. The reindeer were named after the weather. Blitzen has history in automobile folklore; the 1910 Blitzen Benz racer used to break the land speed record, for example.

This Subaru Legacy was not named for reindeer.

1920px-Blitzen-Benz3.jpg

Guys, Blitzen translates to "flash" in English. I'm pretty sure by Blitzen they meant lightning, not a reindeer.

Just to expand on the already mentioned point:

Donner and Blitzen are German for thunder and lightning, respectively. The reindeer were named after the weather. Blitzen has history in automobile folklore; the 1910 Blitzen Benz racer used to break the land speed record, for example.

This Subaru Legacy was not named for reindeer.

1920px-Blitzen-Benz3.jpg

Um, yeah, the reindeer comment was meant as a joke. You guys take me so seriously. :lol:

But hey, at least they didn't call it Dancer or Prancer.

It's a good looking Subaru, it's as fast as an Impreza and it's a little more pratical than the Impreza, Cool.

Oh wow this car brings back memories. I didn't even know it was on the board. I helped import one here. It has one of the coolest names ever. Subaru Legacy B4 RSK Blitzen. I want to give it a SZ so bad because of my memories but it is indeed a solid cool.

I've driven a Blitzen, an absolute blast to drive. The Twin Turbo Ej engine is weird but it's a satisfying weird
Plus it's very unique

Back