• Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2003-2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 nominated by @JASON_ROCKS1998

1024px-2008_ZB_Viper_SRT-10_blue.jpg

Body Styles: 2-door coupe / convertible
Engines: 8.3L V10 (2003-2006), 8.4L V10 (2007-2010)
Power: 500 hp (2003-2006), 600 hp (2008-2010)
Torque: 535 ft-lbs (2003-2006), 560 ft-lbs (2008-2010)
Weight: 1530 kg (2003-2006), 1570 kg (2007-2010 SRT), 1545 kg (ACR)
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information:
The Dodge Viper went under a major redesign in 2002, courtesy of Chryslers StreetRacingTechnology (SRT) group. The GTS & RT/10 trim models were replaced with the SRT-10 and was restyled with sharp, angular bodywork. The engine in the new viper was an 8.3 V10 producing 500HP. The chassis was also improved, becoming more rigid and weighing 35KG less than the GTS. An even stronger chassis was planned, but abandoned due to cost and the Viper originally only being a convertible.

A coupe version was unveiled in 2005 (as a 2006 model) and shared most of the body panels of the convertible, but the rear was from the Competition Coupe. The coupe looks more like the original GTS, featuring the roof and taillights and also being available in Blue with white stripes, like the old GTS. The coupe was slightly heavier than the convertible but the engine was also more powerful (producing 510HP).

In 2008, the 8.4 V10 was introduced to the Viper and, thanks to some help from McLaren, produced an unbelievable 100HP more tha the 8.3 V10, with 600HP in SRT-10 trim. The changes to the 2008 model were distinct enough from the first SRT-10 that Chrysler called this model the MKIV. The ACR model was also unveiled in 2008, featuring a huge front splitter and GT wing with the 8.4 V10 being tuned to produce 640HP.

In 2009 Dodge announced they would be ending production of the Viper in 2010, but Dodge then announced several special editions based on the ACR, including the 1:33 edition that set an unofficial lap record at Laguna Seca.

The ACR & ACR-X Viper has lapped the Nurburgring Nordschliefe in 7:12 and 7:03, respectively, beating cars that cost 10X as much.

800px-Dodge-Viper-SRT10.jpg
Dodge_Viper_SRT-10.jpg

1023306-wide-hdq-dodge-viper-srt-10-wallpaper.jpg
2006_dodge_viper_srt10_coupe_2.jpg
Heffner-Dodge_Viper_SRT_10_T_mp894_pic_57366.jpg
dodge-viper-srt-10-cabriolet-06.jpg

Cool. It was the first American supercar aside from the legendary 'Vette in who knows how long, made harder better faster stronger.

(Shameless Daft Punk lyrical shoehorn FTW)

Uncool for the Sebring-esque tail on the convertible, and the shouty, tacky ACR (even if it's a track monster). After sitting in one, the interior is even more awful than pictures lead you to believe; I've sat in base-model compacts with better fit and finish.

The regular coupe isn't enough to salvage it. None of the charm of the original GTS.

Whilst mental, it started to show it's age against the increasingly computerised competition. The ACR is just tacky and too show-offy.

Barely Uncool.

As tacky as it is, I quite like the idea of driving 8 penny nails with a 20 pound sledge hammer. Cool, 1st gen GTS would be SZ.

The 1st Gen Viper is whatever is colder than sub-zero because it was essentially the modern reincarnation of the Cobra.

The 2nd gen is just tacky, overdone, and unsure if it wants to be a legitimate sports car or just something used to make a lot of noise and smoke between stop lights. At least they had the sense to do a proper ACR version of one of these though, and that was impressive even though it flaunted Ring times. With that said I'll give it an uncool since it's still a Viper therefore scores some points, but unfortunately Chrysler lost its way during the redesign process. At least the 3rd gen Viper is a proper car and knows what it is, even though it lost a lot of it's roughness.

YEOOOWCH!!! Now this, this one's a tough call.

I'm impossibly torn here, mainly because I absolutely adore the 3rd gen Viper. It's one of my most favouritestestest cars of all time and it's on my Top 5 "Realistic-ish Dream Garage". I love everything about it, the drop-dead gorgeous and svelt styling, the absurd amount of torque, the performance, the whole "Imma 🤬 a fly with a cannonball! YEEEAHHH!" attitude. But, as it has been said countless times already, this is the Cool Wall, not the Like Wall. In terms of coolness, the Viper raises a couple of red flags: it's owned mostly by show-offs, it's too loud, it's very attention-grabbing...it can easily be considered just another poser-mobile with steroids. Yet, I'll have to go with Sub-Zero.

This is the stuff of dreams for a couple of generations, it's nothing less than an icon. Remember when you played Cruisn' World in a 90s arcade? You picked the red Viper, because it was the coolest. You're thinking about a drive with the top down and a beautiful girl in the passenger seat, riding along the coast of California? Chances are you're picking the Viper because it is the coolest. It's definitely not appropiate for a first date, but hey, if cars like the Shelby Cobra and the Lancia Delta Integrale are Sub-Zero, a case can be made for an icon such as the Viper!

Also, "muh tracktimes".

Vegard took the words right from my mouth.

Yet another car I like that's seriously uncool. I don't have the time to share them all, since it's pretty big, and there's also some cars that might generate some controversy.

The engine is prehistoric, cars nowdays can get more power with half the powerplant of the Viper. However, this is a good looking car nonetheless, especially in convertible form.

Modest cool.

I sometimes wonder why Chrysler just went with what is roughly a 360 LA block with 2 more cylinders instead of reaching back and pulling a Hemi out for measurements. Money and emissions I know, but I would lose my mind over a genuine V10 Hemi...

Think 426, not the semi pent- roof pretender with the name these days.

I hate the convertible variation of these. The coupe variation is either love-it-or-hate-it, and the ACR... despite all the boasts about laptimes, is still a fantastic car.

The first-gen Viper is my idea of a perfect American sportscar/supercar. This isn't the first-gen.

Still, Uncool. Frontend has always bothered me - there's something slightly off about it. Don't know what it is, it just doesn't look right.

All Vipers are cool. A stupidly large engine and a classic stance no car person will forget about.

Gargantuan V10 which produces gargantuan amounts of power and gargantuan amounts of torque. However, the design is a bit tacky, and I'd take a Corvette C6 over it, even though it doesn't have a Dodge badge on it.

Cool.

Instant SZ. Because Vip Vap bruh. And 8 liter truck engine. And the sound. THE SOUND!!!!

Back