GTP Cool Wall: 2003-2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 55 comments

2003-2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just checked but it seems that we never polled the original GTS. Just the RT/10.

Ignore that. It was polled.

Last edited:
Lots of Vipers, but weirdly never just the normal 2nd gen on its own.

Isn't this considered gens three and four? I thought Chrysler did some weird opposite-Evo/STi thing with their classifications here...

Anyway, a solid sub-zero to me. The Viper has always screamed "beast mode" in my mind. It's show-offy, sure, but not in the same way that a Ferrari or Lamborghini is. It's too redneck to brag about money when it's got that much displacement. I don't know, it's like the way these things sit (stance, body lines), it's like they're giving the finger to the limp-wristed upper class. You 'invest' in a Ferrari to one-up your neighbor, you get a Viper convertible to get his wife's attention.

One of the few cars out of the US that I really like.

A car still able to snap out of nowhere because it doesn't have 10000 computers on it. That, bizarrely, makes it SZ for me :lol:
The engine makes up for the bad interior...

Isn't this considered gens three and four? I thought Chrysler did some weird opposite-Evo/STi thing with their classifications here...

Per the internet, it says it's a 2nd generation with both phase I and phase II being polled. Wikipedia seems to have a good breakdown on it. I don't know for sure though.

All the rowdiness of the first two phases with a fraction of the character. Almost no sense of wonder surrounding these other than perhaps the ACR, which itself is an obnoxious take on the 1999 version.

Uncool.

Per the internet, it says it's a 2nd generation with both phase I and phase II being polled. Wikipedia seems to have a good breakdown on it. I don't know for sure though.
I see what you mean, but even Wikipedia repeatedly refers to the '96-'02 as second generation, and later states the '08 became known as a gen 4. I blame it on Dodge.

I see what you mean, but even Wikipedia repeatedly refers to the '96-'02 as second generation, and later states the '08 became known as a gen 4. I blame it on Dodge.

Screenshot_20160625-183155.png

^ But scroll down that page, into the SRT-10 generation, and look at all the references to "third generation" and "fourth generation."

I always thought the Gen III/IV convertible rear was great looking. I'd expect that people would like the coupe more, but didn't expect people to hate the convertible. I definitely think these cars have the best front end of any Viper though, barring the center hood intake. The original GTS seems a bit dated with the taller roof. All of that is minor compared to the improvements to actually driving the car. Gen III was a little weak in that area, but the IV fixed most of the problems.

There are 3 gens of Viper, people. Those are just facelifts/phases

There are four gens

The RT/10 was the first gen and ran that way and the GTS came along as the second gen with a continuation and updates to the RT/10. Then game the SRT versions and then the production stop on the Viper. Then the "5th" gen came out which is last version of the car. That's the way I've seen it explained, the issue is the whole Phase 1 and 2. So I can see how others say 3 gens only.

I've also seen the last version viper called 5th gen as I showed above, but that really isn't true either. It's a bit strange production series. Oh and I hate this gen the most, always reminded me of a batmobile with the long front section, the batmobile from the cartoon back in the 90s.

Sub Zero
14302722489_97f3242d9a_h.jpg

I WAS going to get one, but decided to save up and aim higher for a gen V viper. Still a bad ass car. It would honestly be a tough between the gen IV Viper or a ZR1 (both around $60k).

Depends on which version we talk about. I said cool overall, but the convertible version is not cool. The coupe and ACR versions are cool in my book.

Back