• Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2004-2009 Subaru Legacy Spec.B nominated by @Beeblebrox237

Legacy-11.jpg

Body Style: 4-door saloon, 5-door estate
Engines: 2.0L turbocharged H4 (EJ20), 2.5L turbocharged H4 (EJ255), 3.0L NA H6 (EZ30D)
Power: 242 hp (EZ30D), 250 hp (EJ255), 260 hp (EJ20 Auto), 280 hp (EJ20 Manual)
Torque: 219 lb-ft (EZ30D), 240 lb-ft (EJ255), 253 lb-ft (EJ20)
Weight: 1480-1490 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 5-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, all wheel drive
Additional Information: One of the most performance oriented versions of the fourth generation Legacy, the Spec.B featured a number of upgrades and was only available with the most potent engines.​

07_legacy_specb_frontseat.jpg

imgsubaru-legacy1-1080x675.jpg

2007_subaru_legacy_2_5_gt_spec_b_100010408_h.jpg

IMGP1243.jpg

Cool

Love the hot Legacy's, manage to retain the performance and ability of the Impreza, but in a more understated package.

However I do much prefer the 3rd Gen B4 RSK, arguably my favourite fast saloon of all time (at least one of, not forgetting the Galant of course :D).

No matter how much they tune it up, it still screams "middle aged mom".

Seriously Uncool.

It was a reasonably attractive if slightly anonymous shape when it launched. I remember it looking svelte in black.

Didn't age well though. Also, it's a Subaru.

Uncool.

I think it honestly looks fine. Well, until it got the facelift; there's something that just looks off about the facelifted model. However, I went with meh on it being a legacy and most people will just see it as a mundane sedan. Which is good for me.

I just don't see how this is that good looking. The front is a bit meh and the back looks like a CAD render which hasn't been properly textured yet.

Good alternative for those who don't want something as flashy as an Impreza WRX but still want something just as fast. Cool.

Good alternative for those who don't want something as flashy as an Impreza WRX but still want something just as fast. Cool.
Exactly this. The WRX and STI are too over the top for some, this is a good alternative. A wagon that can go like a WRX. Cool.

Anonymous and forgettable without any redeeming factors. An ageing secondhand version for carting the dogs around in would make it useful more than cool. Uncool.

They've totally failed to reach the conservative but attractive lines with the successors, so this remains peak Legacy for me. I'd love one and I think they look quite tasteful.

Can only go with a meh. Not quite cool, not quite uncool.

I just don't see how this is that good looking. The front is a bit meh and the back looks like a CAD render which hasn't been properly textured yet.
The sedan is possibly the most attractive sports sedan of all, IMO. Clean, sharp lines, with tidy light fixtures and no loud details, good proportions...and the wagon has Subaru's traditional glass-covered pillars, though I've long thought the rear end would be more "correct" with a taillight bar like this car's predecessors.

the most attractive sports sedan of all

*cough* Alfa 156 GTA or 159 TI *cough* E39 5 Series *cough* Merc 190 Cosworth *cough*

I do appreciate that you said it's your opinion - I'm just suggesting a couple of other candidates ;)

The fourth-gen Legacy, much like a lot of Japanese cars of a similar age, isn't ugly in the slightest (I agree that it's well-proportioned). It's just a bit... dull.

The rarity and the Q-car aspect do appeal to me though, but 'like' ≠ 'cool'.

@GTP_Ingram -- I never saw what people see in the FWD Alfas, and the 190 is handsome but not outstanding by any means. The E39 is a winner, but it's a bit square and ponderous-looking compared to the BL Legacy. :)

@GTP_Ingram -- I never saw what people see in the FWD Alfas

Heathen! :P

There was a 156 parked in front of our hotel the entire time we were in London last month. It always seemed pretty in pictures, but I think it looks even better in person. The 159 trades some of that for a bit more aggression, but is nonetheless a vehicle that has aged supremely well.

In terms of modern sedans, I'd happily make a case for the Mazda6 or the facelifted Volvo S60.

Back