GTP Cool Wall: 2008-2016 Dodge Grand Caravan

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 47 comments

2008-2016 Dodge Grand Caravan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When are minivans ever cool???? The easiest subzero of all time.
byronburn.jpg

:sly:

What, no 65 chevelle wagon? ;)
No, but my Mom's
'60 Impala was stolen in '69, within an hour of my Dad buying it for her. Had to get my older brother to fill in that blank, as it happened before I was born.
Same body and color as this
chevrolet-impala-1960-2.jpg

Edit: My Mom clarified it was the 2-door in Salmon. She doesnt remember the power plant as my Dad is passed away.
received_10154892266842528.jpeg

Last edited:
Would rather have an Aries wagon.

Also, you're really screwed if you don't get one of these with the Pentastar V6.

Seriously Uncool

Why would Dodge make an R/T package for a minivan? I thought R/T was supposed to symbolize performance.

Last edited:
I've got the fully loaded Chrysler version of this with 7.1 surround and three screens, because you need that **** in a pimp wagon.

Tbh, it can't be beaten for practicality. We just throw camping stuff in it where in every other car (including many 4x4s) you'd be struggling to get it all in. We even extract the urine completely and add a huge roof box and bike rack on the rear meaning we can carry more stuff than most people have in their houses.

Engine is truck-like though and the leather, plastics and woods are questionable.

I'm going to vote cool purely because it's part of our family now and we couldn't live without it for practicality. But it isn't really.

I thought R/T symbolized muscle and performance.

Surely nothing could symbolise one's virility better than owning an R/T version of a car designed to carry your many offspring. Wouldn't that alone be like a free pass to the Coolsville suburbs?

Preferably near a school or nursery.

Was the R/T option really just cosmetic then :lol: ?

That's like just slapping a Type R sticker on a regular Civic...

It was basically just a high trim model, just as it was on the Journey and Durango. Bunch of standard equipment and color-keyed trim and blacked out interiors and etc; but it looked "sporty" instead of "luxurious" like the top trim level usually did. It had some nominal suspension changes and sportier wheels or whatever and it drove better, but it was still a damn minivan.

Back