GTP Cool Wall: 2008+ Volkswagen CC

2008+ Volkswagen CC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2008+ Volkswagen CC nominated by SVT Cobra GT

1024px-VW_CC_2.0_TDI_BlueMotion_Technology_%28Facelift%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_5._April_2012%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2008+
Style: 4-door sedan
Enigne: 1.4L turbocharged DOHC? inline 4 (rated 160 HP & 180 lb-ft), 1.8L turbocharged DOHC? inline 4 (rated 160 HP & 180 lb-ft), 2.0L turbocharged DOHC? inline 4 (rated 200 HP & 210 lb-ft in 2008-2010 form or 208 HP & 210 lb-ft in 2011+ form, 3.6L DOHC? naturally aspirated VR6 (rated 295 HP & 260 lb-ft), 2.0L DOHC? turbocharged diesel inline 4 (rated 140 HP & 240 lb-ft in lower-tuned form, 170 HP & 260 lb-ft in 2008-2013 higher-tuned form, and 175 HP & 280 lb-ft in 2013+ higher-tuned form)
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 6-speed DSG, 7-speed DSG, 6-speed automatic
Related: Volkswagen Passat, Volkswagen Sharan, SEAT Alhambra, Skoda Superb
AKA: Volkswagen Passat CC​

The "Passat CC" name was discontinued after 2012 and "CC" seems to be the main name anyway.

Also, sorry GTP, I haven't become all modern and sophisticated like you yet. I just couldn't find any displacement information more precise than liters.

They're all DOHC, no need for a question mark. I can't imagine any modern sedan coming out with an SOHC anyhow :lol:

Uncool.

It might be better looking than the standard Passat, but it's still a Passat. Uncool.

The rare time I see these always renders me surprised at how attractively elegant they are for a VW. That said, I usually see them at a distance. Given it's not the domain of dudebros, douchebags, the pretentious and all in between, and potentially offering a lot of value whilst not becoming completely Toyota or Skoda-beige, I would consider it cool.

I'd actually quite like to own one, albeit probably one of the pre-facelift ones when it had a bit of character.

However, uncool. Ultimately, it's still just a regular semi-executive sedan, generally ordered as a diesel, and generally ordered in some dull paint shade like that shown above.

However, does get bonus points for not being a regular Passat. And a few more for being one of the few cars that tedious VAG people don't endlessly drone on about. Which in turn is why it's one I'd quite like to own.

I like it to some extent, it's the best looking car in it's segment, great economy, comfortable etc but it's too bland. Now if there was a 3.2L V6 engine option it would be a different story.

A very solid meh.

This is one of the good looking business man company cars. Also it's one of the very few VWs that escapes the odor of the 'slammed, stance, stretch, bro' crowd.

And having driven one, it's a very nice car to be behind the wheel of. Cool.

Looks save it from SU, but damn these things are pricy. I can think of plenty of other sedans I would rather buy for ~$40k+.

Uncool.

This is the reason why most of the Passat's around here are now considerably less mundane.

It's a shame the dulled it down for the 2012 facelift, but the business reps can have that. Pre-facelift models were always cool.

A solid, midsized... meh. Nicer than a lot of sedans, but just doesn't twig me either way.

Uncool. I can't think of a single thing interesting about it. :indiff:

This.

Plus, buying a VW is sooooooooo predictable that it's "Meh". And being "Meh" is uncool.

PS: @White & Nerdy Kudos for making two threads today 👍. It would be fun if you were able to do such a thing more often.

Good looking car, solidly built, decent inside, OK to drive, but not the mega bargains they were a couple of years back when you could lease a top of the range CC for similar money to a mid range Mondeo.

But no car in this class is cool.

Yay, another boring commuter car meant to take you from point a to point be with absolutely nothing interesting about it. Uncool.

Cool, I've always liked the look of these, I didn't even read the OP and know pretty much nothing about them...just thought they'd look good in my driveway. Pretty shallow I am :)

Back