Engine: 4.7L V8 (Ferrari F136 YC)
Power: 443 hp
Torque: 354 lb-ft
Weight: unknown
Transmission: 6-speed sequential manual
Drivetrain: FR
91crKPFD%2BiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

2016-Alfa-Romeo-DISCO-VOLANTE-SPYDER-by-Touring-Superleggera-11.jpg

touring_-superleggera_spyder_focal_partenariat_automobile_habitacle_460x300px_1.jpg

It's stylish, but i wouldn't say it was any better looking than the already rare Alfa 8C that it's based on. Cool.

I remember seeing the concept for this get a lot of attention and the general consensus was it had a great sound with even greater looks. At that time I didn't really know what to think since the 8C this was based on also sounded and looked great.
Once the production model came out though, this car seemed to not receive much recognition at all. I didn't even realize that it was ever produced. I guess by that point the general consensus was what I had previously thought of this is basically another 8C.
I randomly found out about the production car this year and decided to do more research. What I could find gave the feeling that the production car is the 8C with more useful modern technology and a modern take on classic Alfa styling. Classic Alfa Romeos are some of the cooler cars ever made and the 8C is one of the coolest.
Combining what was really cool in the past with modern technology to make it even better makes this car sub zero and deserving of much more attention.

This will probably anger someone out there but I actually don't like the Disco Volante. I think the front looks kind of fussy and the rear looks like someone pinched a Ferrari F12. Much prefer the styling of the base 8C Competizione personally. Other than that it's a decent car underneath with a great engine so I think it balances out to a meh for me.

Not feelin' it. Rather ugly, and you would need to explain what it is to most people.

SU

The Disco Volante. A modern interpretation of one of the most gorgeous Alfa ever.

I like it, but I don't love it.

Cool.

The Disco coupe was already an uglier version of the already ugly 8C. The Volante doesn't improve anything styling wise.

Uncool.

Cool car. The design of this car gives me a good feeling when looking at it.

It is such a beautiful car that I would want one.

Back