• Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2016+ Chevrolet Malibu nominated by @ToyGTone

2016_chevrolet_malibu_sedan_premier_fq_oem_5_1280.jpg

Body Style: 4-door saloon
Engine: 2.5L Ecotec I4 (GCC market) / 2.0L I4 Turbo / 1.5L I4 Turbo / 1.8L I4 hybrid
Power: 186 hp (2.5) / 250 hp (2.0) / 160 hp (1.5) / 182 hp (Hybrid)
Torque:
184 lb.ft (2.5)
260 lb·ft (2.0)
184 lb·ft (1.5)
277 lb·ft (Hybrid)
Weight: 1400 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive​

2016_chevrolet_malibu_sedan_premier_fq_oem_4_1280.jpg
2016-Chevrolet-Malibu-side-profile-04.jpg
Chevrolet_Malibu_2017.jpg
852cc5f088231005896600505692530e.jpg

When you got ads like these:

Blindfolded Yas Marina driving test:

The infamous "removed all the badges" ad:

I think the only way to respond to these BS is by doing something like this:
(NSFW)

A not particularly pretty or inspiring generic 4-door saloon, marred by what looks like (not that I have 1st hand experience since it isn't advertised/sold over here) a rather cringe-worthy advertising campaign, least it is so to me.

Uncool.

It is at least better looking than its predecessor. That's good, since it's important that one not advertise to the world that they got last pick at the rental lot.

"Here she is, plain-jane as can be, the most popular car in the state of California, the Chevy Impala Malibu".

Meh.

It's a car.

The previous-gen Malibu was about as boring as a modern car can be. At least it was better than the Epica it replaced here.

That front is hideous which sucks because the rest of the car looks nice. But I hope that the 4-speed automatic is a typo.

It does nothing really wrong so it's just a Meh.

Better designed then the last one but I'm not a fan of this Pontiac Aztec like grille.

Either way a car like this can never be cool, Meh.

Got one as a rental, wasn't bad.

Not sure where the 4 speed auto spec came from. These have 6 or 8 speed autos, or a multi-mode unit in the hybrid.

A rental favorite. I'll admit it looks better than the past couple generations, but still...a fleet car.

Also, in Maine at least. People are big Chevrolet fans here and it always seems to be the 20-30 year old wannabe gangster driving these. Blasting music and cutting people off in traffic. Somehow these guys think they're cool 🤬 in these things.

Seriously Uncool....

In some ways it looks a bit like Chevrolet badged variant of the new Insignia Grand Sport.

Meh.

When the plain
Is this the SS replacement?

The SS doesn't have a replacement, and really didn't have a predecessor, unless you want to count the G8. This is just the Malibu, a boring car that has spanned the boredom line for various generations.

Looks like every other generic mid-sized car in America, which are bought by boring old folks. SU.

Back