GTP Cool Wall: 2016+ Chevrolet Malibu

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 48 comments

2016+ Chevrolet Malibu

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You start your day with a 5:25am flight, take that middle seat assignment, make your 4-hour connection, walk to the gate, find out there's only 20 seats for 60 people, board only to find someone else is in the seat, find out the plane's coffeemaker is broken, use the airport restroom which was just used by someone afraid to use the urinal, wait for luggage to be last on the carousel, walk up to the rental car counter, and get your car (having declined 5 more types of coverage and no Navigation nor XM Radio). You look for the hotel, find the best route, discover it's under construction, arrive to find out your room is next to the elevator control room and on the first floor, has no refrigerator, smells like a gym locker, furniture that is perilously located for stubbed toes, a smoke detector which emits a ten thousand-candlewatt strobe every 19.5 seconds, and will be invaded by three tour busses of high school boys with seven chaperones. The job site has no air conditioning, limited parking, no wi-fi, no desk space, and one annoying director who smokes cigars. The town's finest dining is an off-ramp McDonald's and an Applebee's, since the best place in town received a visit from the health inspector the day after you paid your bill. On checkout, the hotel charged you for internet, the wall socket mysteriously didn't charge your phone, you lost a sock, and the airline calls you five minutes before boarding to let you know your flight will be delayed 3 hours.

Good thing you drove that Chevrolet Malibu. It's the best part of your week.

Last edited:
When you got ads like these:

Blindfolded Yas Marina driving test:

The infamous "removed all the badges" ad:

I think the only way to respond to these BS is by doing something like this:
(NSFW)

img_3761.jpg

Exactly where this car needs to go.

Well I guess it's one of the plenty things that the "rest of the world" gets except for our market.

It's great...for 2-3 weeks. Then it's the same old songs, just compartmentalized into 60 music stations. There's also 20 traffic stations, 20 sports stations, and 20 political-slant-rage-monkey networks.

I do like me some Backspin and Soul Town.

It's great...for 2-3 weeks. Then it's the same old songs, just compartmentalized into 60 music stations. There's also 20 traffic stations, 20 sports stations, and 20 political-slant-rage-monkey networks.

I do like me some Backspin and Soul Town.

No it's not depends on what you listen to, if you just like generalized music then you should stick to basic radio. If you like to actually expand your musical tastes it has many stations for that with new music all the time, and requests for older stuff. Then they have their current line up. Backspin only plays old school hip hop and that expands only so far. It's it plays old school well known not underground stuff like Shade45.

Backspin only plays old school hip hop and that expands only so far. It's it plays old school well known not underground stuff like Shade45.

Shade45 is more "new-school"; that is, typically everything before it blazed a lot of those trails ahead of time. Backspin goes back around 20+ years. Some of it had radio play, but very little of it did before...say, 1990 or so. From then to about 1993, lots of rap songs starting hitting the mainstream charts/MTV with some regularity, and it hasn't really stopped.

Of course, when dealing with "old-" and/or "new school" anything, your individual mileage may vary on many factors. As KRS-One said, fifty years down the line we can start this, so we're actually not there yet.

Shade45 is more "new-school"; that is, typically everything before it blazed a lot of those trails ahead of time. Backspin goes back around 20+ years. Some of it had radio play, but very little of it did before...say, 1990 or so. From then to about 1993, lots of rap songs starting hitting the mainstream charts/MTV with some regularity, and it hasn't really stopped.

Of course, when dealing with "old-" and/or "new school" anything, your individual mileage may vary on many factors. As KRS-One said, fifty years down the line we can start this, so we're actually not there yet.

No it's not, LordSear, Statik, Premier, and so on all play old school stuff mixed in with new and underground. Even Jude and Sway do that...

Hell I've heard them play MF Doom stuff before he called himself MF Doom, that's talking 25 years back.

Anyways, the Malibu is so boring that people will find various things to talk about with in the car, that aren't actually about the car.

I find it weird that this can could be anything apart from meh, it's not cool it will never make you look at one thinking wow and it's not uncool as really it just wont make you look at it, it's traffic furniture at best, it very much fits the "one car please" motto if someone goes to a dealership and has zero idea what car to get.

I don't mind it. It's certainly not a performance car, but I think it's one of the better looking new Chevrolets.

Meh

Wait a minute

this is a steve mcqueen ice box car thing

Look, it's convenient. It doesn't have 1000 HP because that's not cool, it has a forgettable number, that's cool. It can carry more than two people. Absolutely fresh. It isn't by some hyper car manufacturer. Wicked. It isn't a race car or there is no race car varient. Awesome sauce. It gets good gas mileage, it has good trunk space, lots of room inside, and a nice ride.

This is the coolest car on earth.

Back