2018-Buick-Regal-TourX-Essence-AWD-17.jpg

Body Style: 5-door wagon
Engine: 2.0L turbo I4
Power: 250 hp
Torque: 295 lb-ft
Weight: 1682-1745 kg
Transmission: 8-speed auto
Drivetrain: Front Engine, AWD
Additional Information: Discontinued in North America after 2020, still sold in China
2018_buick_regal-tourx_wagon_essence_fq_oem_10_1600.jpg

img-2056218864-1523372157015.jpg

2020-buick-regal-tourx-dashboard-carbuzz-642991.jpg

Low cool for what might well be the last wagon sold in America by an American marque (Please remind me if there is another). I doubt this car is anything special to drive but my head turns dangerously whenever I catch a glimpse of one so that's gotta count for something. Still far and away the coolest modern Buick (Scrotal Encore, anyone?)

Low cool for what might well be the last wagon sold in America by an American marque (Please remind me if there is another). I doubt this car is anything special to drive but my head turns dangerously whenever I catch a glimpse of one so that's gotta count for something. Still far and away the coolest modern Buick (Scrotal Encore, anyone?)
I agree with everything you said.

2018- Buick Regal TourX
The car ended production last year so I would change it to 2018-2020.
Although technically the vehicle is still produced in Europe as a Vauxhall and Opel.

These look fantastic in person. Like the kind of thing that Volvo wishes they were designing when they had that 5 year period where they were trying to outdo the 1995 Taurus in oval shapes. And it's a treat that GM ever bothered selling them here at all.

You may or may not get laughed at for driving a modern Buick. This car isn't designed plainly, and it has some sharp character to it. I am leaning more towards Meh, since I don't think it has any serious qualities to make it attractive.

Last edited:
It's befuddling to me that the Regal TourX, a vehicle intended to compete with the Subaru Outback (a vehicle that sells over 180k units per year), only sold 3,400 units. In it's best year, too. Only 1,400 were sold in 2020.

It's not that US buyers don't want wagons. It's that US buyers don't want wagons that aren't Subaru Outbacks.

As for the actual car, I give it a meh.

It reminds me of a V60 in some ways. It can't get better than meh because it's just an everyday mehmobile. So meh. But I'd probably have one.

Last edited:
Hang on that's a Holden Sacrilege, I mean a last gen Holden Commodore. Also know as the Opel/Vauxhall insignia. Looks like a bit like a Volvo but with added GM blandness. I guess its not bad look but it is a bit boring. It gets extra points for trying to be an Outback. Just scrapes a cool.

I saw the thread title and thought "a modern Buick, this is a one way ticket to voting meh or uncool".

Then I saw the car. That's a hot car.

Cool.

Then I saw the car. That's a hot car.

The more I look at this the more I think it could do well in the UK, if there's a customer support system that's better than Chrysler's last UK venture (pre-FIAT). And once I could afford one I'd take a serious look.

Is there a "between - Meh - and - Cool" vote? It is nothing special but it looks good. If it was not a good-looking car, I'd have gone for a definite Meh.

Latest Posts

Back