• Thread starter Snikle
  • 15 comments

2020- Ferrari Roma

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
Poll 1365: 2020- Ferrari Roma nominated by Snikle
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fb618d992-179d-11eb-8493-5b46eb56a071.jpg

Body Style: 2dr coupe
Engine: 3.9L TTV8
Power: 612 hp
Torque: 561 lb-ft
Weight: 1570 kg
Transmission: 8-speed DCT
Drivetrain: Front-mid engine, RWD
DW-Burnett-Ferrari-Roma-Graybarns-0264.jpg

FerrariRoma-5.jpg

New-2021-Ferrari-Roma.jpg

ferrari-roma-10_1600x0.webp

Last edited:
I know some people say it looks generic, but I can easily tell its a Ferrari. It's one of the less flashy Ferraris in a while, but I think it might age better than some other recent ones, like how the old 550/575s still look really good today. I really like this car, SZ from me.

1024px-Ferrari_400_automatic.JPG

Last edited:
I know some people say it looks generic, but I can easily tell its a Ferrari. It's one of the less flashy Ferraris in a while, but I think it might age better than some other recent ones, like how the old 550/575s still look really good today. I really like this car, SZ from me.

1024px-Ferrari_400_automatic.JPG
It's simply a gorgeous looking car. Definitely not over the top and looks like it will age well.

The Ferrari Roma isn't entirely gorgeous to me, but I do like it a whole lot. Some others (myself included) say this is the best looking not-Aston Marin. Only the 612 Scaglietti and 599 GTB Fiorano are lovelier to me in regards to 21st century front-engine Ferraris. I'm giving Sub-Zero, but a low Sub-Zero. I do like it just enough that I don't give it a strong Cool.

Having completely forgotten that this car exists, my first thought when seeing the first photo was that it looked like a Vantage. It honestly gives me strong Aston Martin vibes from that 3/4 shot, and dare I say it doesn't look even remotely as good as the current Vantage. I do kinda dig the rear, particularly the taillights, though. I'm sure it's a good driver's and GT car, but If I was seriously considering an FR Ferrari, I'd probably look at a 599 or F12 over this.

I honestly have no strong feelings either way for it, but my gut is saying uncool.

Last edited:
I still prefer the 458 over the Roma as far as modern Ferrari road cars go, but I'll be damned if I don't think this is pure sex as well.

No funny intakes all over it like the 812, no weird angles like the Portofino. Just uninterrupted curvaceousness. I think the only thing that would make the Roma better is if it had the V12 from the 599 and a manual transmission, but holy cow this is one well proportioned car.

Sub-Zero.

iu

It looks rather good but there is too much resemblance from other supercars. I'm not interested, not even if I am a multimiljonair.

IMO it doesn't even look like a Ferrari.

This. I mean, it doesn't look that bad, but without that badge it could literally be anything.

The thing I like the most from this car? The name. It reaaaaaally took some time before we finally got a Ferrari named after Italy's capital.

Overall, it's a Meh for me.

Last edited:
The first ferrari in years to have a clean design, and with the right combination of wheels and paint it's even better.
Very high Cool, but not quite SZ

Yes it has more than a passing resemblance to the Vantage and the F-Type but this is not the first time a Ferrari has been inspired by a Jaguar (365 California Spyder anyone?). If looking a bit like a couple of other sports cars means we get this gorgeous creation, rather than the meh designs we have been seeing in recent years I am all for it. High cool.

I love the Roma as it is, but if the headlights were styled a bit better, I'd like it more. Maybe move the little LED horizontal lights to the bottom or so. I still think it is a great looking car. Or in some peoples' minds, the best looking Aston Martin that isn't an Aston Martin. I still stand behind my "Sub-Zero" call.

I think the only thing that would make the Roma better is if it had the V12 from the 599 and a manual transmission, but holy cow this is one well proportioned car.
Okay but why the 599's V12? The 6.3-liter F140 is based on the same architecture, except it's a contemporary to the turbo V8, and it has more specific output in even its mildest spec as utilized in the GTC4Lusso than any road-going 599, plus it hase more usable torque without resorting to the longer stroke 6.5-liter unit. If you're disrupting the dynamics by switching to a longer and possibly heavier engine (I know the V8's induction system doesn't weigh nothing), what's particularly advantageous about the one in the 599?

I understand the allure of a V12, but I've driven a California T and that turbo 3.9 is kind of fantastic with all the torque it offers.

All that metal on the grille makes it look like a supermarket fridge. I get everything this car is but can't get past that grille.

Back