050_gt-r50.jpg

Body Style: 2dr Coupe
Engine: 3.8L TTV6
Power: 710 hp
Torque: 585 lb-ft
Weight: 1740 kg (?)
Transmission: 6-speed auto
Drivetrain: F-AWD
Additional Information: 50 built, limited edition to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the GT-R in 2019 - Price of about $1 million
gtrpromo1.jpg

Nissan-GT-R50-Production-Render-9-1.jpg

ogi1-nissan-gt-r50-by-italdesign-001.jpg

2018062904_nissan_gtr50.jpg

We've reached poll 1400! Let's see if we can double that

Anyway, I voted cool here. I personally think it's a lot better looking than a regular R35, although I know plenty of people don't agree. Maybe I just like anything with an Italian design house attached. A normal R35 would probably get a meh/low cool from me, not a bad car but a little dated these days.

Also, I wanted to note this here where more people are likely to see it, I've created a google doc for all the most recent poll results that I can update as soon as the polls close. There's a link to it in my signature and at the top of the Results thread. This is so you all can see how the cars did soon after they close instead of months later when I get around to updating the cumbersome results thread.

Last edited:
I think it improves the GT-Rs looks from the front, but the rear is a mess. Also $1m is also a hell of a mark-up for a car that was, what, $60k when it debuted? Uncool.

Some of us downgrade cars on "Cool Wall" if they can't be driven by us common folk. My call on this machine, then, is based more on its performance and its style. This is not a boring design. It is not some design that that is more bark than bite. However, it lacks any real coherence for me to like it fully. All I know is- it's a Nissan GT-R, and there is not really a such thing as a "boring" GT-R. So (low) Cool is my cool on this entry. I wanted to say "Meh" or "Uncool," but it isn't "Meh" enough to rate it as such.

Since the interior doesn't have the screen in the middle like the normal Gtr, it gets a sub-zero.
ItalDesign did magic to get this car more beautiful.

This is easily my favourite-looking R35, it looks like a proper supercar with its italdesign styling, but is it good enough for that pricetag? I really don't think so but oh well, at least it's quite exclusive...
Low cool

Unpopular opinion incoming GT-Rs and Skyline's before it have never been good looking cars. This however is not bad at all. Not drop dead gorgeous but at least it looks like a car you could get excited about. Cool.

Latest Posts

Back