Poll 1340: 2020- Toyota GR Yaris nominated by @Cristobal1234
prulQ4C.jpg

Body Style: 2 door Hatchback
Engine: Turbocharged 1.6 liter G16E-GTS Straight 3
Power: 261 HP / 6500 rpm
Torque: 266 lb-ft
Weight: 1280 kg
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, Four wheel drive (4WD)
Additional Information: Perfomance oriented variant of Toyota Yaris based on the WRC winning car
subp3xmnp6wvmib2tnuo.jpg

toyota-gr-yaris-4610.jpg

grmn_yaris_050.jpg

toyotagryaris6.jpg

The Toyota GR Yaris is for all intents and purposes, the new Honda Civic Type-R or Ford Focus RS. Probably more akin to the Focus RS since this is a rally-bred car. It is not a "boy racer" for sure. I feel like I'd disrespect it if I gave it a Cool rating. However, I don't think it is too sublime to name it a Sub-Zero. So... I'm going to go either a low Sub-Zero (or SZ) or a strong Cool. And... I'm giving this car a low Sub-Zero. Maybe the most exciting Yaris/Echo/Vitz ever.

I'm going to give this a meh. Not because of what the Yaris once was, or because of what this Yaris is right now, but because of what this Yaris will become.

A Kevin-mobile. Meh.

This is my favourite hot hatch right now and will still be in years to come. It's one of those cars that's bound to become legendary like the Celica GT-Four. It's a cool car which shows the world homologation specials aren't dead and Toyota is capable of making exciting cars.

Additional Information: Perfomance oriented variant of Toyota Yaris based on the WRC winning car
This car, as of now, hasn't actually raced yet so this isn't an accurate description. It's more like a "homologation special that will form the base of the upcoming Yaris WRC car"

Last edited:
Having a homologation special that exists in 2021 makes this an instant sub-zero.

One of the most appealing hot-hatches to come out in quite a long time, let alone out of Japan. Impressive how much power can be squeezed out of a little 3-cylinder nowadays. The GR's exclusivity only adds to its charm.

Though, it still is a hot hatch at the end of the day. Reluctantly, uncool.

Back