GTP D1GP S2 : Round 2 (Results Up)

United Kingdom
West Sussex
TheKoukiMonster
d1gppkh0.png

Welcome to the second round of the Gran Turismo Plant D1 Grand Prix, this week we are visiting:
Fuji Speedway 2005 D1GP section.

d1gp2le9.png

competitiorsnf9.png

d1gp3pn7.png

• Everyone picks a car to use through out the competition.
• Tuning CAN be changed per different course section.
• Season will last 5 weeks, 5 different sections.
• Entrants will have one week to enter an uploaded video to
http://www.youtube.com, sent to me *SammiTougeGirl* by PM.
• The videos will then be posted up, so 3 indipendant judges can score each one.
• Cars will be locked after the first event YOU participate in.
• You can get a max of 20 points per week.
• First place will earn you 20 points, second will earn you 16, third will
get 12, fourth will get 8, fifth will get 4 and 6th and beyond will get a single point.
• At the end of the comp the person with the most points will be
crowned The GTPD1GP Champion.
• Track/section will be stated each Monday
• You have 1 week to do your run.
• Don't be a thread Nazi with spam, or YOUR video.
• Video editing etc. is allowed, but you need to show your tires and
power, and then your run. Your run needs to be on the FIRST lap, so we get
the same angles for EVERY car. NO chase cam, the other one.
• Not following the rules can get you removed from the competition
for that week, with a minus 1 point per violation, this will be for constant
complaining, "put downs", double posting/posting your entry video in this
thread ETC...

CAR RESTRICTIONS
• Road cars only, no race or D1GP cars allowed
• No changing your actual car, only rims, wing and setup
(Power/modifications/settings) may be changed
• Tires : Radials only(N)
• Power: NO RESTRICTIONS​

d1gp4bj2.png

fujikd4.png

This section is reverse, also you must pass the finish line before each run, otherwise the replay messes up.

d1gp5km6.png

Entries must be in by 11:59pm on Sunday 1st.

Have fun.:)

What track is this? Should we record ourselves in forward playing track going in reverse or play the track in reverse?

you NEED to pass the start/finish line so the lap begins THEN proceed to the section however you like. yes there is no reverse for real world circuts, and yes you need to do this one backwards.

you NEED to pass the start/finish line so the lap begins THEN proceed to the section however you like. yes there is no reverse for real world circuts, and yes you need to do this one backwards.

I still prefer to make a demo and you don't need make a car drift , just show us how we will do it :cool:

i dont see why you need a demo for this. just pass the start finish line so the timer for the first lap starts, then head to the section, stop at the turn before the straight, then do your run.
heres the section as done in real life from in car view. the only thing he doesnt do is stop before the run, that is because this is a ride along and not actually a D1GP run. he is initiating at about 94 mph when you hear him kick the clutch.

Wow I'm practically giving up just because I screw up and have to go back and play a whole lap again. Damn time trial moving start!!!!! Oh well.

Wow I'm practically giving up just because I screw up and have to go back and play a whole lap again. Damn time trial moving start!!!!! Oh well.

um. just go back in reverse if you mes up:idea: you don't have to do the whole lap..i'd send you my video but that's against the rules so.:scared:

Sammi, just so you know Ske will be taking my place as a judge for round 2 only. ill be out of town and unable to judge the runs.
good luck guys.
i really wanted to judge this one too. :( oh well, all is good.

it' s not been easy but hella fun !! i' ll be submitting a run with countersteer mistakes :grumpy: but i couldn' t get it much better

edit : link send to sammy

Scores in.

I'm quite impressed by the number of guys/gals that linked it. Scores are up considerably over last round, and not due to any change in my criteria, but just because I think the drifts were better this time around on this tough section of track.

btw - stuntdrifter: very good effort! 👍 Although you didn't make the link or hold the same angle as the others, I don't think it was any fault of yours at all. This piece of track just isn't well suited to a low powered car like the one you're using. I'll look forward to seeing you get the most out of that car on tighter/lower speed rounds.

Back