GTP D1GP S3 : Round 2 (Results Up)

United Kingdom
West Sussex
TheKoukiMonster
d1gppkh0.png

Welcome to the first second round of the Gran Turismo Plant D1 Grand Prix, this week we are visiting Tsukuba.

d1gp2le9.png

competitiorsos0.png

d1gp3pn7.png

• Everyone picks a car to use through out the competition.
• Tuning CAN be changed per different course section.
• Season will last 5 weeks, 5 different sections.
• Entrants will have one week to enter an uploaded video to
http://www.youtube.com, sent to me *SammiTougeGirl* by PM.
• The videos will then be posted up, so 3 indipendant judges can score each one.
• Cars will be locked after the first event YOU participate in.
• You can get a maximum of 20 points per week.
• First place will earn you 20 points, second will earn you 18, third will
get 16, and so on leaving eleventh and below with a single point.
• At the end of the comp the person with the most points will be
crowned The GTPD1GP Champion.
• Track/section will be stated each Monday
• You have 1 week to do your run.
• Don't be a thread Nazi with spam, or YOUR video.
• Video editing etc. is allowed, but you need to show your tires and
power, and then your run. Your run needs to be on the FIRST lap, so we get
the same angles for EVERY car. NO chase cam, the other one.
• Not following the rules can get you removed from the competition
for that week, with a minus 1 point per violation, this will be for constant
complaining, "put downs", double posting/posting your entry video in this
thread ETC...

CAR RESTRICTIONS
• Road cars only, no race or D1GP cars allowed
• No changing your actual car, only rims, wing and setup
(Power/modifications/settings) may be changed
• Tires : Radials only(N)
• Power: NO RESTRICTIONS​

d1gp4bj2.png

tsukubaze3.png

d1gp5km6.png

Entries must be in by 11:59pm on Sunday 12th.

Have fun.:)

Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!! I'm doomed!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I can't get too see the circuit layout!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
How in the world am i going to enter now.....but is it the same D1 course layout?If it was then maybe i could do a quick one and try to upload on youtube as fast as i could (that is if my internet doesn't 🤬 up like yesterday :guilty: )

Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!! I'm doomed!!!! I can't get too see the circuit layout!!!!!!
How in the world am i going to enter now.....but is it the same D1 course layout?If it was then maybe i could do a quick one and try to upload on youtube as fast as i could (that is if my internet doesn't 🤬 up like yesterday :guilty: )
um what exactly do you mean? it's Tsukuba circuit, the D1 section. after u cross the starting line, thats the start point and it ends where the D1 section ends
Example:

You have until 11:59pm tonight to get your entry in. So you should get to work :)

Oh i see, thanks for the info.....now i could feel better entering the competition :) (sorry about just now,i just panicked when i cannot see the layout in the first post)

If it happens again right-click and click reload image or view image or whatever. I had that happen with the last one, but i reloaded it and it was fine.

Oh great,now i'm going to miss another competition....because i can't upload my video on Youtube! 🤬 :banghead: Oh woe always me.... :(
(can i upload my video somewhere else?)

There sure is alot more drifters this season than there was on Season 1 & 2 the competition is going to be hard if everyone actually turns in there entries I hope I did good and good luck to everyone.

Unfortunately TurtleSlow was not able to meet the deadline due to conflicts with the possession of his playstation 2. However, he asked if he could submit a late entry and it will be in by today, is this ok?

Ok, theyre all up and working.
The one I uploaded has vanished.:scared:
:lol: i noticed that too i was like :dunce: i couldn't see it. That's why i sent you the PM :P

Anyways, this looks like it'll be a tough grade:tup: great entrys from everyone!
wish everyone would participate but i guess that's too much for Suzuki :D

Nice runs people! I worked hard for a couple hours on this, and realized I have a ways to go against you all! Anyway I'll have missed the deadline but I'll upload my video for posterity in a few hours when I get home, for you to critique.
My impressions of all your videos, FWIW:
Keep in mind that I've just started with drifting about a month ago, when I got my DFP wheel. Basically these are rookie impressions, please take them with a grain of salt. Any and all comments welcomed. I'm hoping to learn a lot in the next few weeks, please correct me where I'm wrong!

1: good entry speed, and line in the first corner and setup for subsequent s curve. . . 2nd corner you lost a little momentum though. good finish.
2: very clean driving. solid and balanced line through all the corners. someone who knows how to use their brakes ;) while your style was smooth, i thought your angle could've been a little greater. show off the skills.
6: very good angle, and hitting most of the right lines. can't really tell but are you using a lot of e-brake?
15: nice power over driving, i like your choice in car too. awd really has incredible angle potential.
5: good, agressive corner entry style and choice in light car. with the light car though it's hard to keep momentum through some of the corners, and not use all the road on corner exit. i think you can improve by increasing your speed and starting the drift a littler earlier. also, what tires are you running?
3: think you can definitely improve your corner lines... your speed and angle is good, if you can get the apex and exit down you'll find it's much easier to keep the run clean, too.
14: nice first drift!! needs a little more practice on the first corner (that counted), gotta start off strong. the rest of your run was solid.
4: hey that's my old car! well, not quite. i had a black bugeye style 02 spec c. oh how i miss that 8250 redline and bulletproof 6spd... sigh (gotta say, gt4 did a poor job of capturing the characteristics of the car). anyway, enough with the nostalgia. nice angle for sure. seems like momentum is hard to keep up for most of us, including me. also how did you come to that suspension setup?

all in all, thought it was a tossup between 1 and 2 for victory, but who am i to judge? :P

Anyways, this looks like it'll be a tough grade:tup: great entrys from everyone!
wish everyone would participate but i guess that's too much for Suzuki :D

💡 Someone give him a half million cups of coffee so he could stay up all week to grade each run!:eek:

just joking with you man.:guilty:

Scores are in.

Lines were a bit off this time... hit those clipping points, people :dopey:

I will have my scores in, in the morning.
Ske
Lines were a bit off this time... hit those clipping points, people :dopey:
They were a little more than a bit off:scared:
Scores are being sent when i get done editing this.

Latest Posts

Back