• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 233 comments

Mike Rotch

Aluminium Overcast
Staff Emeritus
Australia
Down under
Hi All

The next season of the GTP GT2 Championship is now taking entries. I encourage all of you to dusk off that disk and enter. The more the merrier, and this series has many new and exciting features:

1) It will be run over 5 preliminary rounds, after which a 3 race final will be run. Points will be awarded for the top 10 finishers in the Prelims, and in the Finals.

2) Your three best points finishes in the Prelims will be carried through into the 3 race final, so success in the prelims gives one a good headstart on your way to being crowned GG Champ!

3) --->The First Race in the 5 race Prelim is:

Sub 300hp day at Grand Valley East. Thats right! You can select any car that max's out under 300HP!. If you need a list that gives all the info you will ever need on every car in the game, go to Pupik's excellent website (which has been my bible) Pupik's GT2 Spot .

---> The Second Race is the following:

Yank Tank day at Seattle Full Course! Thats right, select any Amercan Muscle Car from the 60's or 70's and add Hp, race kits and other mods to your hearts content! (Please be advised that the Shelby Coupe and GT40 are not classified as muscle cars). Times for this round must be in by May 10

-----> The Third Race is the following:

Miata Day at The Autumn Ring Full. Select any Mx-5 Miata and add all the mods you want to get the time down. NB: When letting me know of your car choice, I want the entire Mx-5 model name that you choose. That includes the year. Happy racing! Time to be in by 2:00 AM GMT Monday the 17 May

-----> The Fourth Race is the following:

Franco-Italian Shootout in the Alps! Select either the Citroen Xsara Rally Car or the Lancia S4 Rally Car and get the fastest time possible at Grindelwald!Time to be in by 2:00 AM GMT Monday the 24 May

--->The Fifth Race is the following:
Specials day the Laguna! Select either the Cusco Subaru or the Amemiya RX-7 and head off to Laguna Seca. Usual rules apply regarding mods and set-up !Time to be in by 2:00 AM GMT Sat 5Th June

Final - Round 1
S2000 at Deep Forest. Take this beautiful machine, add all mods, tune to your desire and get that time in! Times for submission will be confirmed soon Good luck 👍

Final - Round 2
ZZII (588hp) at Midfield. Take this beautiful machine, add all mods, tune to your desire and get that time in! Times for submission are 21 June 2:00 AM GMT Good luck 👍

Final - Round 3
Clio V6 at Trial Mountain. Take this beautiful machine, add all mods, tune to your desire and get that time in! Times for submission are 28 June 2:00 AM GMT Good luck 👍

All, and any mods can be used to get those lap times down!

Once the car choices have been announced, participants will not be permitted to swap to other cars.

[NO HYBRIDS ARE ALLOWED - I KNOW WHAT A CAR IS CAPABLE OF TIME-WISE SO DONT TRY ME]

So, get your entry in today!! PM me your entry.

Entries closed
👍

Times for Final Two of competition must be submitted by Mon 21 June.

Thanks to the 12 entrants who have joined thusfar 👍

But we need more! Come on guys, the more the merrier!

Current entrants:

- Audiracer
- Thejwwestchico
- prelude_turbo8
- black_dragon778
- Mike
- Talentless (where possible)
- ToFu GuY
- sir heavy foor
- Megatron
- 300fan
- oxygen_gsr
- Cosmic
- Shift2xlr8

You aint won nuttin thusfar. But, at the moment the worst you could do is a silver ;)

Seriously though, we need more entrants 👍

hey.. i am new here and i dont understand wut u are sayin... have a competition on GT2..? GT2 cant even go online!!! and how do u apply to the competition?

Originally posted by ToFu_GuY
hey.. i am new here and i dont understand wut u are sayin... have a competition on GT2..? GT2 cant even go online!!! and how do u apply to the competition?

This is not a series raced online in real time.

You enter by sending me a PM stating your desire to participate. Once that is done, you select a car that max's out under 300HP (for rnd1), get your best time at the track mentioned in my first post and then send that time in to me.

It is compared to the other entrants times and a winner for that round announced. The next round then commences. We work on the honor system of time submissions and any time that looks very suspicious will be asked to be verified via a photo/screenshot. That happens rarely though.

Originally posted by prelude_turbo8
my time for 1 lap was 1:33:682
lap 2 is 1:24:696

together:2:58:378 👍

my car is a 300 zx/294 hp

Welcome prelude. According to Pupiks webiste (see my first post), the available 300ZX's max out over 300HP. Sorry, but please adopt another car ;)

so... i can go on any trackz.. and any car that is 300 hpz or less rite?

Half right. The track for round 1 is Grand Valley East - as referred to in my first post 👍. The next round will be posted soon - and held at another track yet to be decided.

You may select any car that max's out under 300hp. For example, the Mugen Civic max's out at 339HP. This car is disallowed. The Angel 01 max's out at 244hp. This is allowed.

have u thought about ppl lying about their time?

Whilst that is an unfortunate possibility, we, here at GTP, work on the honor system. If a time is called into question, proof will be asked for in the form of a screenshot/photo to verify the time. This happens very rarely though as people have in the past been honest. Bear in mind that Talentless - a mod who has run many series like this - and myself are experienced at the game and will recognise a dodgy time.

Although I will be submitting times every week too, I will be excluded from the championship in order to remain as impartial as possible.

Unfortunately I will only be back on tuesday to answer questions, but if you/anyone has more they would like to ask, please post hem in this thread and I will answer them when I get back next week 👍

For those who would like to submit a time during April, please bear in mind that I would like the Total lap time PLUS all the individual sector times submitted. This will limit the chances of cheating.

so what do i gotta do for this like i just post my times on here?
how would i send a screenshot to you guys in caes of you think somethins up i just rilly wanna do this but im not sure how it works

Originally posted by Korndawg
so what do i gotta do for this like i just post my times on here?
how would i send a screenshot to you guys in caes of you think somethins up i just rilly wanna do this but im not sure how it works

Step:

1) PM you your willingness to enter
2) Let me know of your car selection
3) Run as many laps as you want to get a competitive time
4) PM me your time by a date I will set (most likely the first week of may)
5) Dont worry about the screenshots. The competition is good so a fast time wont necessarily draw attention 👍 In other words, we will cross that bridge when we come to it ;)

:)

Six entries so far. Good stuff 👍

For those who havent yet, please dont forget to PM your car choice soon.

lol...

can i use my trueno..? actually itz my cousinz.. but we share it and he doesnt have a account here and itz lower than 300 hpz.. so can i?

plus wut was the track that we have to race on?

You are welcome to use your Trueno as it meets the HP criteria (it max's out at 260hp).

The first race is detailed in the first post of this thread.

Also a big welcome to sir heavy foot and Megatron - the two latest joinees 👍

Originally posted by ToFu_GuY
like... give examples of the hybirds.. pretend.. RX-7 blah blah... Supra blah blah blah

A hybrid is a car built using a Gameshark. For example, you could put a 600HP engine in a Fiat 500 and make it 4wd. For that reason, hybrids are expressly excluded from this championship.

Welcome 300fan to the series 👍

I'm keen to enter. are we allowed to know what sorts of times have been posted so far or would that offer people an inroad to making up a little bit quicker numbers?

You are most welcome to enter :)

I would prefer that times be kept hush until they have all been submitted, otherwise as you say, it is an invitation for hanky-panky.

You can complete as many laps as you would like, but I would just like you to send in your fastest lap (flying) with sector times included 👍

Latest Posts

Back