GTP WRS-Online Event 5 : 1(11) Yea(R)s - February 26, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 196 comments
Have to cancel NA due to work thing tonight....crud...I may get back in time to watch. Good Luck all.

Well, this definitly wasn't my race. 2 times I smashed into Bart when he rejoined track, then i spinned. Just couldn't motivate myself to finnish:(

Onto to next week...

Great racing everyone , very intense racing didn't expect to pick up a podium and really didn't expect to start second on the grid.

Had a good battle with @Friday_GTRP for about ten laps before he sneaked past then had to settle for 3rd and managed to hold on with @Turok134 closing in on the last 10 laps .

Last edited:
Yeah that was a tough one. Just couldn't find the pace. To the stewards - I had an unsafe return to track on B room lap 3 in front of @patrick19602005. I hit the start button so I would ghost, but the car just took off on its own. Fortunately he was able to avoid me, but is there a certain technique to ghosting?

Very, very fun race in room A this evening. Very tricky car to drive, so keeping it on the road was key. Qualified 6th, but made my way up to 5th because of incidents. Stayed in 5th/6th for pretty much the whole race, some great battles between @Turok134 and especially @MadMax, for about 30 laps.

Unfortunately, I was too eager to pass @MadMax on lap 34, so I crashed which put me 8th. A couple laps later I had another incident, which put me just behind @hasslemoff, but couldn't find a way through so I finished a close 9th.

Disappointed with my final position, but I had great fun which is the main thing I suppose. I was surprised how quick I was, it's probably the setup :sly:

Yeah that was a tough one. Just couldn't find the pace. To the stewards - I had an unsafe return to track on B room lap 3 in front of @patrick19602005. I hit the start button so I would ghost, but the car just took off on its own. Fortunately he was able to avoid me, but is there a certain technique to ghosting?

You caused me no harm:tup:. I think for the ghost to work, you have to be completely stopped.

Yes you have to be stopped, apply the handbrake then press start.

Dont do what I did, thought I was in 1st but was in reverse and shot right in front of Speedy on the main straight. Have a look at his live feed, lap 2.

Sorry again @Speedy6543

Hey guys in EU "B" today, did anyone take a picture of the qualifying results? I forgot to get that information before I left the lobby.

My back tires broke loose in the middle of the hairpin on the first lap (never did that in practice). :irked: Was holding off Weinbauer for the first half of the race but got a little squirrelly after a while and that was the end of that. :odd:

sorry guys that i almost messed up the start . I took off at the 3,2,1 and thougth i had a great start as i saw no-one
close to me , then in shock i remembered the 30 secs delay , so shifted into reverse , raced back in position and arrived there at sec 26, just in time for the real start , pfff.
Made a few mistakes in the beginning, but managed to get back into 2nd , and had a 3 to 5 sec gap between me and gtp_see , just couldnt get close enough to benefit from the slipstream . Great driving SEE , didnt see you make any mistakes .

Hey guys in EU "B" today, did anyone take a picture of the qualifying results? I forgot to get that information before I left the lobby.

Aww no now noone will know i got pole! Haha. I didnt get a photo but think my lap was a low 1'23.1 if it helps.

Was a good race. Only managed to keep 1st for the first 5 or 6 laps. Couldnt keep a high enough consistency under pressure. Managed to stay in the top 3 for about 17-18 laps and had some good battles with see, tuesday and romsii untill i completely messed up the final chicane and went plouging into the wall Was on my own for rest of the race then and spun out twice as was pushing to make up ground. Well done to see for the win!
sorry guys that i almost messed up the start . I took off at the 3,2,1 and thougth i had a great start as i saw no-one
close to me , then in shock i remembered the 30 secs delay , so shifted into reverse , raced back in position and arrived there at sec 26, just in time for the real start , pfff.
Made a few mistakes in the beginning, but managed to get back into 2nd , and had a 3 to 5 sec gap between me and gtp_see , just couldnt get close enough to benefit from the slipstream . Great driving SEE , didnt see you make any mistakes .

Haha i didnt think u were gonna come back. Made it just in time though!!

Thanks guys for the props and the great racing. Sounds like it was clean all around.
That's quit a challenge to run with few mistakes for 39 laps! I told myself "If this was a real car your gonna have to pay for the repairs if you do a Danica into the wall". Seems to have worked. (Hated to see the hottest/only chick racing Daytona go out that way).
NAs going to be a challenge. The pace will be more then 1-2 seconds faster for the D1 and top D2 guys.
What was it in EU-A?

Thanks guys for the props and the great racing. Sounds like it was clean all around.
That's quit a challenge to run with few mistakes for 39 laps! I told myself "If this was a real car your gonna have to pay for the repairs if you do a Danica into the wall". Seems to have worked. (Hated to see the hottest/only chick racing Daytona go out that way).
NAs going to be a challenge. The pace will be more then 1-2 seconds faster for the D1 and top D2 guys.
What was it in EU-A?

For EU-A the overall pace by WillRacer was ridiculous at about 2 seconds per lap faster than your time (looking at total race time). He's not racing tonight, but doodle takes his place and ran about the same times in the TT so I guess we can expect that same crazy pace from him. You could be within 1 second per lap of most everyone else though, but some didn't run EU so not sure.

PS> Not driving tonight, but I might stream it or host a room pending numbers. Everyone be sure to update your status, we are at 17 confirmed now with 3 reserves.

He's not racing tonight, but doodle takes his place and ran about the same times in the TT so I guess we can expect that same crazy pace from him.

Yup. I did some practice yesterday with Bart and Pekka and was able to run a fastest lap of 1:21.6. By the time I left, I was running pretty consistent low 22's a high 21's. I'm using the same setup as I did in the time trial, but with a slightly less aggressive LSD setting to settle her down a bit. :)

I'm excited for the race. Should be fun! :D

I'm out for tonight, those Penske 3-ways took a lot out of me today (and they still will not behave). Have fun guys :)

NA Lobby open.

We are going to kill this initial room and open a mic-disabled lounge so hold tight a second... one room tonight. There are 15 confirmed and 3 reserves who get spots on a first come first serve basis. At ~5 to the hour any confirmed drivers lose their spots and other reserves can take them.

Last edited:
Back