GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
A question: can we watch each other qualify?

I the other driver (the one qualifying) is ok with spectators, I wouldn't object.
Of course there will be no chat, or typing of any kind during the Quali run itself and all spectators would have to be in the room before the Quali begins to avoid distracting the driver with a lobby entrance message during his hot laps.

I agree with Marc's answer 100% and it's allowed, but the qualifying driver can ask for a private sessions with a steward. A steward must always be present for the run to count.

I hope most drivers won't object to observers because I think it will be fun to have "group" qualifying sessions where drivers can watch each other and make the process more interesting. In my opinion the more that are watching my run, the more pressure is on me and thus the more fun it will be.

I just set up the lounge for some practice @ Spa.
Feel free to join.

I agree with Marc's answer 100% and it's allowed, but the qualifying driver can ask for a private sessions with a steward. A steward must always be present for the run to count.

You don't mean a private lounge as opposed to a public one? Because there are certainly differences between the two.

You don't mean a private lounge as opposed to a public one? Because there are certainly differences between the two.

What I meant by private was that there would be no "other" observers besides the steward verifying the run.

All our qualification runs will be in "private lounges" and public lobbies are not allowed for the reason you mentioned. Whether perceived or actual, we won't mess with the differences between public lobbies and private lounges.

He doesn't mean a public vs. private lounge, rather a public vs. private quali session.
All quali sessions, as well as the race events will be run exclusively in private lobbies (3D3 lobbies to be specific).

Edit: tree'd by WRP001

Tune for the Z06 RM:

Performanc points: 624
Power: 552 BHP
Power limiter: 89.3%
Ballast: 0
Aerodynamics: 35/60

Gearing:
First put the final gear to 3.100, then put max speed all the way to the left and adjust as following:
1st gear: 4.564
2nd gear: 3.311
3rd gear: 2.650
4th gear: 2.200
5th gear: 1.875
6th gear: 1.647
Final gear: 2.000
Max speed: 220 km/h

LSD:
Initial torque: 10
Acceleration sensivity: 12
Braking sensivity: 5

Suspension:
Ride height: 0/0
Spring rate: 12.0/12.0
Dampers (extension): 7/7
Dampers (compression): 7/7
Anti-roll bars: 5/5
Camber angle: 2.0/2.0
Toe angle: 0.00/0.00

Braking balance: 5/5
ABS: 1

Last edited:
I'll try it out tomorrow, cheers for posting Wes 👍 I went to tune it myself but the suspension couldn't go any lower, so my job was done :sly:

Wes, I tried your tune in the lounge tonight and it felt pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

My best lap was around 2'18.6, but the engine is not quite fully broken-in yet (but I had the power limiter at 89.3% anyway). It looks like I'm going to have to be careful with my tires, though. The way I'm driving now, I'm not sure they could last me more than 7 or 8 laps.

Anybody driving the Corvette in the special event, feel free to share your lap times and tire wear pattern.

Good practice tonight guys. Getting to run those 7 lap races was an eye opener. Just starting to get confident in the LMP and now a good serving of humble pie has been served. Marc absolutely blew my doors off at over 2 seconds per lap. Driving in race mode is a bit different than driving free run.

I can get 7 laps out of the tires and probably 8 with some conservation, but all it takes is one spin or big slide and 2 laps are gone from the tires in a snap. Once the car starts to slide it's a downhill spiral until the next pit. My pit crew better start working out.

It was fun racing around the GT class cars too. Certain parts of the track it's pretty easy to manage a safe pass and others it's just impossible so you must hold back and wait. GT drivers have to remember just keep your line and pace and let the LMP guys work around. Al and Aspec did a great job tonight. Easier said than done I'm sure with a mirror full of horse power.

I'm going to try running GT in one of these practice races just to see what it's like. I'll be back for more tomorrow night if anyone is interested, but as usual not until 8:00 PM Pacific at the earliest.

My best lap was around 2'18.6, but the engine is not quite fully broken-in yet (but I had the power limiter at 89.3% anyway). It looks like I'm going to have to be careful with my tires, though. The way I'm driving now, I'm not sure they could last me more than 7 or 8 laps.

Anybody driving the Corvette in the special event, feel free to share your lap times and tire wear pattern.

My best lap yesterday was a 2'15.2 (made this one only once).
8 laps was the extreme maximum I could get and my laptime on lap 7 of the tyres was already 7 sec off (2'22.xxx)
I'm using Mad Finn Tuners setup, linked in the OP, with adjusted final drive on the gearbox to match the track and instead of BB 4/2 I'm using 5/6.

I registered, im hoping my net plays ball but no matter what ill be home for all the races, so will try and do them all.

Good to hear and welcome. 👍

Stop by in the Saturday Sprints this evening (if you're available) to see how your internet connection copes with the online world of GT5.
We're using the Mini from the recommended garage so that's one thing you won't need to worry about.

It does when it wants to.. I quit my full time racing last month, too much stress ect ect. So since then ive relaxed a bit got bored of random races with friends and got myself a GTP_ account last week spent a day on the qualifier and here I am looking for a fun race :D. (Its too late to try the week 56 WRS event especially with WTCC on tomorrow ;) but ill be doing week 57 whatever that may be :))

Also yeah ill try to join in tonight but im a "taxi" for my parents and their friends tonight so I may end up coming in and out as and when im needed :lol:.

No problem on the in-and-out, just make sure you send an FR to GTP_3D3Racing on PSN (or is it SEN now) ASAP.
I hope Gravitron, WRP001 or Hydro can accept you in time.

No problem on the in-and-out, just make sure you send an FR to GTP_3D3Racing on PSN (or is it SEN now) ASAP.
I hope Gravitron, WRP001 or Hydro can accept you in time.

I'll check the PSN FR's shortly 👍
Tim and Lucas are always checking too so I don't think we've missed anyone yet.

I'm still a low % for today's sprints, but I will try to make it seeing as I missed both Wednesday races (A first I think :().

No problem sent a FR now while im just leveling up my GTP so I can buy the Pug, I chose it on the basis how I love it and have raced it at 700bhp+ before (With RMs though, 2.4 hour Pure Daytona race and got 3rd :)). If I have 2nd thoughts and or I am too slow ill be happy with the Chevy too ;).

Hydro
I'll check the PSN FR's shortly 👍
Tim and Lucas are always checking too so I don't think we've missed anyone yet.

I'm still a low % for today's sprints, but I will try to make it seeing as I missed both Wednesday races (A first I think :().

I have no access to PS3 today so can't check, but sounds like Marc can handle FR.

I didn't see Wardez on the list of new registry members... Not good if he still wants to do the enduro.

I have no access to PS3 today so can't check, but sounds like Marc can handle FR.

I didn't see Wardez on the list of new registry members... Not good if he still wants to do the enduro.

Tick-tock! Time to get a GTP qualifying run in!

Paul is added to the 3D3 FR list 👍
I didn't see him on the 'A' or 'B' lists though, so I'll send out FR's when I'm back.

I have this weekend free, so signed up for both support races, and the enduro!
[GT class]

My computer had a issue when I sent the forms in, please let me know if I have to resend anything.

I have this weekend free, so signed up for both support races, and the enduro!
[GT class]

My computer had a issue when I sent the forms in, please let me know if I have to resend anything.

Everything looks good Joe 👍

Here is my current setup for the Z06 RM :

DF 35/60

Transmission
Final gear 3.100 , max speed 220km/h (all the way to left)
F2.000

New gear set:
Final gear 3.000 , max speed 220km/h (all the way to left)
F2.000

LSD 15/17/19

Suspension
12/5
16.5/16.0
3/8
3/2 (3/3 if the cars feels like too understeery)
7/1

2.4/1.7
0.05/-0.15

Brakes 5/7 ABS 3

EDIT: for controller users changes to dampers:
2/8
3/3
(steering sensitivity 7)

EDIT2: The new gear set gave me a 2'13.174 (with wheel)

Last edited:
In the 3D3 racing room for some laps with the Corvette. Running on the setup off W-G-E (thanks btw.)

Since qualifying is officially open, I was wondering if any race stewards or racers would be interested in a official quali session sometime today. (GT Class)

I'm available all day, so if anyone has the desire or time please post a reply.

I know we have until Thursday, but the suspense is killing me.:sly:

I'll check back every hour or so to see if there's any takers.

practise session 'up and running', Nine Hundred and myself in the 3D3 Racing Lounge

Since qualifying is officially open, I was wondering if any race stewards or racers would be interested in a official quali session sometime today. (GT Class)

I'm available all day, so if anyone has the desire or time please post a reply.

I know we have until Thursday, but the suspense is killing me.:sly:

I'll check back every hour or so to see if there's any takers.

Anytime you are ready, I can observe your lap Blair 👍
Let me know here, or via PM if you prefer.

Anytime you are ready, I can observe your lap Blair 👍
Let me know here, or via PM if you prefer.

Thanks Marc, sent PM.

Practicing now in 3D3 main.

Back