GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
I'm in the 3D3 lounge. Had to after seeing Pekka's practise lap.:eek:

Ive decided I want to have GT as my primary class after driving the car though I did a 2:03.5 and had more in me maybe. I am just not enjoying driving the Pug I feel like its driving me rather than me driving it :lol:.

Hopefully this is ok with you guys as I dont wanna be a spinning obstical :P.

Will a steward post here when a qualifying session is happening, so we can avoid barging into the lounge at the wrong moment?

We will try to avoid using the main lounge for qualifying when possible. The stewards will use their private lounges, 3D3_A or 3D3_B. If we use one of the 3D3 lounges we will post here so people don't barge in.

Feel free to join the main 3D3 lounge as Blair's run is complete (and was done in Hydro's lounge).

Ive decided I want to have GT as my primary class after driving the car though I did a 2:03.5 and had more in me maybe. I am just not enjoying driving the Pug I feel like its driving me rather than me driving it :lol:.

Hopefully this is ok with you guys as I dont wanna be a spinning obstical :P.

That's fine, but please resubmit your registration entry so the tables are updated.

Ok have re submitted the forms, btw I see my name isnt added on the table, its ofc Paul ;) and Sapphire Metallic is a dark blue.

Well I got the ball rolling and just completed my quali run in the Vette.:)

Pretty happy with my time, as it was within .14 of my fastest practice lap with full tanks.

Not sure if I should post the time yet, or wait for the stewards to post.

Thanks Marc for viewing my qualification.👍

Last edited:
Are you guys having scheduled practices or just going on whenever? Just need a million more credits on the Seasonals so I can buy the Peugeot on my GTP account, once I've done that I'll join you for some practice.

Are you guys having scheduled practices or just going on whenever? Just need a million more credits on the Seasonals so I can buy the Peugeot on my GTP account, once I've done that I'll join you for some practice.

Mostly ad hoc practice at this point. Focus will shift to the weekly combo starting tomorrow through wednesday and then we'll be back to the Enduro on Thursday.

Wes, Jon (jtv), Daniel (AspecBob), Paul (Hasslemoff), Pekka and myself are in the lounge practicing right now.
Join the party if you want to.

:LOL: I might have to re-submitt and withdraw after seeing some of the qualifying times posted......I'm 5 seconds off the slowest time posted. :ouch:

I need more meds.....stat!!!!!!!!!! :sly:

:LOL: I might have to re-submitt and withdraw after seeing some of the qualifying times posted......I'm 5 seconds off the slowest time posted. :ouch:

I need more meds.....stat!!!!!!!!!! :sly:

No qualifying times have been posted, just free run practice times. Only Blair has officially qualified and we haven't posted that yet.

No qualifying times have been posted, just free run practice times. Only Blair has officially qualified and we haven't posted that yet.

Oh sheet! That means I'm really in deep doo-doo! :scared:

Online in 3S3 viewing only now!

Tune for the LMP car:

Performanc points: 707
Power: 735 BHP
Power limiter: 100%
Weight: 930 KG
Ballast: 0
Aerodynamics: 60/85

Gearing:
First put the final gear to 3.300, then put max speed all the way to the left and adjust as following:
1st gear: 3.563
2nd gear: 2.557
3rd gear: 2.000
4th gear: 1.640
5th gear: 1.400
6th gear: 1.247
Final gear: 2.000
Max speed: 240 km/h

LSD:
Initial torque: 10
Acceleration sensivity: 12
Braking sensivity: 5

Suspension:
Ride height: 0/0
Spring rate: 17.0/17.0
Dampers (extension): 8/8
Dampers (compression): 8/8
Anti-roll bars: 6/6
Camber angle: 2.5/2.5
Toe angle: 0.00/0.00

Braking balance: 5/5
ABS: 10

Last edited:
I'm in the lobby now to see how Wes' even Steven approach to suspension tuning feels.
Interesting....

I'm in the lobby now to see how Wes' even Steven approach to suspension tuning feels.
Interesting....

Interesting good?

And thanks Wes for posting the tune, even though GT is your primary ride.

👍

Interesting....
Yes, it's all in the LSD for me. I only tune the suspension when a car is too understeery but that's not the case here.:dopey:

Best lap: 2'03.193, and I'm not that great with the controller.. (at 716 BHP)..

Tune for the LMP car:

Performanc points: 707
Power: 735 BHP
Power limiter: 100%
Weight: 930 KG
Ballast: 0
Aerodynamics: 60/85

Gearing:
First put the final gear to 3.300, then put max speed all the way to the left and adjust as following:
1st gear: 3.563
2nd gear: 2.557
3rd gear: 2.000
4th gear: 1.650
5th gear: 1.410
6th gear: 1.247
Final gear: 2.000
Max speed: 240 km/h

LSD:
Initial torque: 10
Acceleration sensivity: 12
Braking sensivity: 5

Suspension:
Ride height: 0/0
Spring rate: 17.0/17.0
Dampers (extension): 8/8
Dampers (compression): 8/8
Anti-roll bars: 6/6
Camber angle: 2.5/2.5
Toe angle: 0.00/0.00

Braking balance: 5/3
ABS: 10

Why is the deadline for LMP qualifying earlier than GT qualifying by the way?

Last edited:
Why is the deadline for LMP qualifying earlier than GT qualifying by the way?

So that drivers who don't make the cutoff or only qualify for room B know that ahead of time and can decide to try their hand at GT. They may focus on LMP completely until that deadline and if things don't go well they have 4 days to get up to speed on GT. It's a one shot deal so if you make a couple mistakes it could be lights out for the class or at least relegation to room B.

Also we want to finalize that half of the grid early to help with grid planning.

So that drivers who don't make the cutoff or only qualify for room B know that ahead of time and can decide to try their hand at GT. They may focus on LMP completely until that deadline and if things don't go well they have 4 days to get up to speed on GT. It's a one shot deal so if you make a couple mistakes it could be lights out for the class or at least relegation to room B.

Also we want to finalize that half of the grid early to help with grid planning.
Thanks,
I'm in the lounge again and did a 2'02.534 so it's looking good for making the cut-off.:)

Quali has came round quick! Just had a little go with the 908. Similar tune to Wes' :P Managed a 2:01.4xx after a few laps. But I'm not yet broken in and I did it in my lounge rather than a 3D3 one. I don't suppose it matters for practice. :dopey:

Going into the 3D3 lounge for some practice now, will probably be there for a while.

Tim, Marc,

I just re-submitted my registration, having to cancel all events because this "bug" I caught is still lingering, keeping me from participating. I just can't seem to devote any real seat-time to practice and I thought it better to do it now than later.

Hopefully, I can be around to "watch" the events and participate in future events.

Good luck to all!

Dan

Tim, Marc,

I just re-submitted my registration, having to cancel all events because this "bug" I caught is still lingering, keeping me from participating. I just can't seem to devote any real seat-time to practice and I thought it better to do it now than later.

Hopefully, I can be around to "watch" the events and participate in future events.

Good luck to all!

Dan

Well I certainly hope the bug finds it's way out 👍

You still have 2 weeks (- a day) to prepare for the race if you feel up to it though.
Hopefully it all works out.

Well I certainly hope the bug finds it's way out 👍

You still have 2 weeks (- a day) to prepare for the race if you feel up to it though.
Hopefully it all works out.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. If I get to feeling up to it, I might re-register as a reserve.

Any of you that can participate in an online test please visit this thread and sign up:

Online Bug: Test Race

We need at least 16 good men to put their internet connections and PS3 on the line to determine how much we dare push the system. The results will be useful in determining the grid sizes for this event so we'll benefit from the results.

We have practice for Event 27 this evening, starting 19:00 GMT
I cannot attend to take your qualifying before that. I can later in the evening, say 21:30-22:00 GMT.
How does that sound for you Adam?

Adam, I would be available to observe your qualifier anytime in the next 2 hours (until 18:30 GMT). Let me know and I'll set up the lounge.

Whether Speedy or I observe, we will use GTP_3D3_B since the main lounge is going to be set up for the weekly practice sessions.

I'll see you in lounge B around 21:30 GMT then this evening Adam.

Back