GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
EDIT: Btw, just served 2 beers and a glass of red wine.. ;)
I work at an hotel with mainly security.. But Sundays are special, cause I'm alone.. So we're closed for the public. But if a guest want something from the bar.. well, I just throw my security badge off, and dive in behind the bar..

Yes, EXACTLY like "Fawlty towers" :lol:
Don't know if you Americans knows that show.. But the Britts do.. for sure.

Shhhhh!!!! Don't mention the War !!! :lol:
The first time I saw that episode I laughed so hard I needed new pants :dopey:

I've been doing my laps in free run in my private lounge, assuming that was putting miles on it... oops! I just checked and it's still showroom fresh.

Yeah, I just set the race to 5 laps and kept running those. Tinker with the settings between each. Puts just over 20 miles on each trip so 10 shots and you're practiced up and the car is broken in.

Even practice races in the lounge don't put real miles on, it looks like. I guess B-spec it is.

Anything but online practice laps will break the car in.
A-spec (anything), Seasonals, and B-spec.
Or as Dr. Watson pointed out, just run a race online as opposed to practice laps and the car picks up mileage too 👍

If I don't feel like breaking cars in thoough.... it's off to The (b-spec) Indy 500 :D

Or as Dr. Watson pointed out, just run a race online as opposed to practice laps and the car picks up mileage too 👍

If I don't feel like breaking cars in thoough.... it's off to The (b-spec) Indy 500 :D

I thought even online races didn't count if you were by yourself on track (just like you don't get credits for those races)... but I might be imagining that.

Or as Dr. Watson pointed out, just run a race online as opposed to practice laps and the car picks up mileage too

I just ran four 3-lap races by myself in my lounge, but the car still has zero miles. :odd:

Just started a B-spec race, but my GTP account is level 0, of course. (I know I could gift the car to my main account and back. But I've got to level up the B-spec GTP account sooner or later.)

I'm in room B at the moment doing some practice then quali. if a steward can come by within the next couple hours.

Unfortunately I didn't see the thread until a couple of days ago and only have had time for a 30 minute session, otherwise I would have attempted to qualify for LMP. Right now I'm planning to qualify GT Tuesday unless I feel really comfortable earlier. I will definitely be practicing tonight around 10:30 or 11 CDT in one of the lobbies.

I'm in room B at the moment doing some practice then quali. if a steward can come by within the next couple hours.

I'm in the Main lobby now, but I can drop by the B lounge if you prefer to run there.

Nah I'll just keep practicing here then jump in the main one later when I'm ready to go.

I just ran four 3-lap races by myself in my lounge, but the car still has zero miles. :odd:

Just started a B-spec race, but my GTP account is level 0, of course. (I know I could gift the car to my main account and back. But I've got to level up the B-spec GTP account sooner or later.)

that's interesting, i didn't have any problems

two questions that might effect it:
1. did you have tire wear and fuel burn on?
2. did you quit out or finish the races?

I never got any credits but I certainly got miles every time.

that's interesting, i didn't have any problems
1. did you have tire wear and fuel burn on?
2. did you quit out or finish the races?

I never got any credits but I certainly got miles every time.

Yes to tire wear & fuel, and I finished the races to the results screen. No big deal, though. It's not like I didn't need the practice. And Bob is even more novice than I am, so he's grateful for the ride.

That's a strange one. I've always gotten miles. Today I even had to drop out and in at 150 miles to change the oil. *shrug* gg PD 👍

*** QUALI in progress.****
Please do not enter the main 3D3 lobby until I have posted again - about 15 mins. 👍

Room is open again.
Nice run Wardez!

Last edited:
Thanks!

Tried my best that I could for today so if I make it I'll be sure to put tons of practice in this week, 'cause I'll be less busy 👍

Good luck to every one.

Please do not enter the main 3D3 lobby until I have posted again - about 15 mins. 👍

Edit: Lounge is open again.
Good run by Gooners 👍

Last edited:

Edit: Lounge is open again.
Good run by Gravitron. 👍

Last edited:
Thanks Tim (& Jon) for your stewardship. 👍 Pretty happy with my run. :D

Marc (Hydro) suffered a complete and extended power outage just after gooners qualified tonight and it never came back although we waited and waited and waited. He's got a few replays saved from qualifying runs that need to be verified for a few close calls so we're going to hold off until tomorrow morning (pacific time) to release the full LMP qualifying results.

However, there is some news...

One thing we heard from a few LMP drivers is that they are going to try and qualify in room A for GT rather than run the LMP class in room B. That's understandable, but is going to make it tough to get a sufficient number of LMP cars for room B so we're going to make a couple adjustments to try and increase the probability of at least 5 LMP cars for room B (and preferable 6 or 7).

First, any of the 7 LMP drivers that qualified for lounge A need to declare LMP or lose their place in that lounge. Basically we need lounge A "set in stone" so other drivers can make their class decisions. If any of those drivers decide to run GT then each remaining LMP driver will move up a spot to fill the gap.

Once LMP A is final the remaining drivers that qualified for LMP have their choice. They can commit to LMP or they can go on reserve and try for the A lounge in GT. If they try for the A lounge in GT and they met the LMP requirements their position in LMP is "reserved" until after GT qualifying shakes out.

All the above is consistent with the original design, but here's what's new:

1. We're going to open up qualifying for additional drivers for LMP to fill any spots vacated by drivers moving to GT.

2. We're going to remove the minimum speed restriction for LMP participation. All drivers we observed so far maintained enough car control to compete in the class. However, we still reserve the right to exclude a driver if they do not show the ability to keep the car on the track and in control.

So drivers that didn't satisfy the original LMP requirement can race in the LMP class in lounge B and they can also go on reserve and attempt qualifying for GT if they desire. The only difference between them and those that met the original requirement is they can be "displaced" in LMP by new drivers that qualify between now and Thursday. Basically the drivers that qualify between now and Thursday go into a pool with those that qualified, but didn't satisfy the requirements.

It sounds a little complicated, but the dynamic with two lounges and two classes and the ability to qualify in both is complicated and this modification of the rules hopefully will allow us to run two solid mixed class grids.

Finally, here are the 6 drivers in LMP that definitely qualified for room A. In alpha order, not order of time. There is one open LMP-A spot pending (Hydro getting his power back online) that will be announced tomorrow:

• GTP_Aderrrm (committed)
  • GTP_Chorda (pending)
  • GTP_CSL
  • GTP_DrWatson (committed)
  • GTP_PASM
  • GTP_WRP001 (committed)

All of the drivers listed above need to state on the thread whether they are committing to LMP or are going to attempt GT qualifying (and give up their spots in LMP-Lounge A).

The full qualifying times, ranking, the 7th driver in A and all the remaining details will be released tomorrow.

Last edited:
:bowdown: to Marc, who hung out in the lounge all day, qualifying folks, and then had a power outage before he could get his own run in. Boo! 👎

I want to qualify for GT as well.. But does that automaticly remove me from the LMP class?

Initially, I did'nt even care about LMP, but the car was much more fun than I expected, so have a hard time deciding what to do here.

Is it possible for me to await the official times, so that I can see if I'm way of pace in the LMP class?
If so, I'll go with the GT's. 👍

Perhaps not the answer you was looking for.. :scared:

Denilson
I want to qualify for GT as well.. But does that automaticly remove me from the LMP class?

Initially, I did'nt even care about LMP, but the car was much more fun than I expected, so have a hard time deciding what to do here.

Is it possible for me to await the official times, so that I can see if I'm way of pace in the LMP class?
If so, I'll go with the GT's. 👍

Perhaps not the answer you was looking for.. :scared:

You are top 3-4 fastest in LMP!!! We need to lock in LMP room A otherwise everyone is up in air on their decision. So if you choose reserve you will
Lose your A room spot.

We will not ask you to decide before all quali results for LMP are posted so you can see exactly where you stand.

I'm not going to drive today (working), but I'll log into the lounge in case anyone from GT decides to run some qualifying. Still waiting to see if Marc has his power back.

Whoo Hoo!
I'm in love with my pretty blue French girlfriend. So I'm 100% committed to LMP 👍

Quick note on the lounges.

Tuesday and Wednesday (3/20-3/21) are "official" practice/race days for the weekly WRS combo race (GT5 Week 28 Online: Snake in the Road) so the main lounge GTP_3D3Racing will be reserved for that car/track Tuesday and Wednesday. During this time please use the alternate lounge GTP_3D3_B to run any Spa qualifying or practice sessions.

Today (3/19) and after the races on Wednesday (3/22-3/25) Spa will get priority status in the main lounge.

You are top 3-4 fastest in LMP!!! We need to lock in LMP room A otherwise everyone is up in air on their decision. So if you choose reserve you will
Lose your A room spot.

We will not ask you to decide before all quali results for LMP are posted so you can see exactly where you stand.

Is that so??

Cool! 👍

Ok. I'll await the official times. They're up later today?

Oh, I'm still waiting for the GTP_3D3_B to accept my FR. Cause that's where weshould practice now, right?

Is that so??

Cool! 👍

Ok. I'll await the official times. They're up later today?

Oh, I'm still waiting for the GTP_3D3_B to accept my FR. Cause that's where we should practice now, right?

Yes, all official quali times will be posted in about 3-4 hours I suspect. Got some real world work to do today too. :lol:

Today you can/should practice in the main lounge... Scott (McFizzle) is in there now running laps at Spa. Tomorrow and Wednesday in B as this races takes a back seat to the weekly WRS combo.

Back