GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
The drivers in green cannot be "displaced", but they will lose their spot in Lobby A if they decide to go on LMP reserve in an attempt to qualify for GT. The top 7 drivers are locked into A if they choose to commit to LMP. I've already heard from several and now the top 7 need to let me know ASAP:
  1. GTP_Aderrrm (committed)
  2. GTP_PASM (committed)
  3. GTP_Chorda
  4. GTP_WRP001 (committed)
  5. GTP_Hydro (commited)
  6. GTP_CSL
  7. GTP_DrWatson (committed)

I'm definitely committed to LMP :)

Finally, if the top 3 finishers above do not object I'm going to make a podium video of their qualification laps. Silence will be accepted as permission. :sly:

No objections, your honour! :lol: I'd love to see where Adam made that quick lap count 👍

DDiamond add me if you like and you can test with me, thats what im doing right now.

Denilson

Any tips here, im running 621pp 552bhp Racing hards 1090kg fuel and tyre wear on in an online lounge tuned in nice but a 2:12 feels like Everest???

624pp; 552 bhp;racing hards; 1090kg; fuel & tire wear and ditto!!! :sly:

I'd say that you can make up some time if you really get the turn in to the left, right left combination after the kemmel straight right..
The right, left prior to stavelot and ofc, the bus stop.. Work on those for a starters.
It's all about your turn in imo.. The flow if you will. I tend to brake early if that helps you. I've found that you have to "let the car away" if that makes any sence.. Trying to force it will only loose you time. So early braking, correct turn in speed, and line. Especially on those parts I stated. 👍

I'd say that you can make up some time if you really get the turn in to the left, right left combination after the kemmel straight right..
The right, left prior to stavelot and ofc, the bus stop.. Work on those for a starters.
It's all about your turn in imo.. The flow if you will. I tend to brake early if that helps you. I've found that you have to "let the car away" if that makes any sence.. Trying to force it will only loose you time. So early braking, correct turn in speed, and line. Especially on those parts I stated. 👍

Thanks, [is it Dennis?] I'll try and work on that!!

Any stewards available around 9-10 pm Eastern (0100 to 0200 GMT) for a GT qualifying run? Give or take a half an hour. I could use more practice, but it's probably better to avoid the Thursday rush.

Any stewards available around 9-10 pm Eastern (0100 to 0200 GMT) for a GT qualifying run? Give or take a half an hour. I could use more practice, but it's probably better to avoid the Thursday rush.

Sure 👍
I'll drop by the lobby in about 15 minutes and stay there until you are ready.

Denilson
The flow if you will. I tend to brake early if that helps you. I've found that you have to "let the car away" if that makes any sence.. Trying to force it will only loose you time. So early braking, correct turn in speed, and line. Especially on those parts I stated.
Outstanding advice Dennis 👍
It took me a while to figure that out, but braking earlier than I had originally been and letting the car steer through the corner made my laps faster, and way more consistent.

Sure 👍
I'll drop by the lobby in about 15 minutes and stay there until you are ready.

Thanks. No rush... there's not much "give" available on the 9:00 end after all. TV conflict until then. I'll be there as soon as I can. If you can't hang out that long, no worries.

Thanks. No rush... there's not much "give" available on the 9:00 end after all. TV conflict until then. I'll be there as soon as I can. If you can't hang out that long, no worries.

Ok, then I won't rush in.
I can stay there for a while, so you are good.

Damn, wish I didn't have to hit the bed so early............got a few laps in and was able to get under 20.xxx.......yea!!!

Sorry to have to leave, Jon! Picked up some great lines from you and Pekka at the "test!!!"

@Ren_Tec....early tomorrow. :crazy:

Outstanding advice Dennis 👍
It took me a while to figure that out, but braking earlier than I had originally been and letting the car steer through the corner made my laps faster, and way more consistent.

👍
And also, tyre wear is much much improved as well.

*** QUALI in progress.****
Please do not enter the main 3D3 lobby until I have posted again - about 15 mins. 👍

Is that braking as in "modulating" braking as opposed to slamming the brakes early, correct?

Yes 👍
You should ofc brake quite a lot.. But not slamming the brakes.

And try to find a speed that initially will be too fast, but slows down on the way to the apex, just by the steering it self. So..

Brake: "modulate" as you said
Find correct turn in.
Find correct speed.
Let the steering of the car slow it down the last part prior apex (You can feel when you get it right.. The car just flows, you don't have to fight it)
And ofc, find the correct exit line. Obviously, that depends on where the next corner is located.

Good luck!

Jeeez.. It's really hard to try explain how things "should" feel. Well, I hope it at least makes some sence. 👍

@ Ren-Tec: It was a simulated quali.. So a 4 lap race.. The 12.1 was on my first flyer, so fuel was pretty much 100%.

Yes 👍
You should ofc brake quite a lot.. But not slamming the brakes.

And try to find a speed that initially will be too fast, but slows down on the way to the apex, just by the steering it self. So..

Brake: "modulate" as you said
Find correct turn in.
Find correct speed.
Let the steering of the car slow it down the last part prior apex (You can feel when you get it right.. The car just flows, you don't have to fight it)
And ofc, find the correct exit line. Obviously, that depends on where the next corner is located.

Good luck!

Jeeez.. It's really hard to try explain how things "should" feel. Well, I hope it at least makes some sence. 👍

@ Ren-Tec: It was a simulated quali.. So a 4 lap race.. The 12.1 was on my first flyer, so fuel was pretty much 100%.

No, you said it quite well. Now to try and put your expertise to good use....tomorrow, lol.

Thanks, Dennis!

Good night, all!

@Denilson: Ok I will spot picking now lol, some lap time dude 👍

58 In honor of Marco Simonchelli.

Last edited:
@Denilson: Ok I will stop picking now lol, some lap time dude 👍

lol, no problem at all. I knew the lap was really good.. You can just feel it when everything feels perfect.. Ok, blanchemont did'nt.. But will it ever? lol

Yeah it's rare to feel like you have hit the perfect lap and with tyre wear on you only get one shot per set of boot.

Yeah it's rare to feel like you have hit the perfect lap and with tyre wear on you only get one shot per set of boot.

Pretty much, yeah.
But I'd say that you can put in a fast 2nd lap as good as the first if you find a good tune, and your drivingstyle is'nt as sluggish (saves the tyres) so to speak.
But it's a long lap, and a lot of corners that consumes the fronts.. So it's hard to keep the wear in check. And for a 2,4 hour race, that's where I will put down my efforts.

Sorry, I'm away for 90 minutes and Dennis gives a driving lesson. Maybe I should hire him for a personal co-pilot drive around Spa... I'll bet I could improve a ton and I'm not kidding at all.

When is the deadline for me to commit to LMP or GT, considering just how bad my qualifying time was? I know I can put in a bunch of practice and at least get close to the pace, or I can just ditch that and go to GT where I'm a bit closer (I think; pretty sure I'm going to be in room B either way)?

Ty, you're time will not qualify you for Room A LMP for sure, but that gives you a little extra flexibility. It's really on LMP-A we want to nail down tomorrow by noon pacific because other drivers decisions depend on that first and we need the dominoes to start falling so we don't have chaos at the last minute.

So we fall back on the "Finalizing Your Class" section of the OP

Finalizing Your Class

All drivers who have attempted to qualify for the LMP class and have met the minimum speed requirement must state their class intentions by Tuesday 11:59 AM Pacific. There are three options:
  1. Commit to LMP. GT qualifying not required and any existing GT qualifying times will be disregarded.
  2. Commit to GT. GT qualifying required, LMP qualifying disregarded.
  3. Reserve LMP. Driver commits to running GT unless a confirmed LMP driver cancels after the deadline. In the event of a cancellation of an LMP driver (or if the LMP field is not full at 14 drivers) the reserves will be offered a spot in the LMP class in the lounge/grid position based on their qualifying time. The exception is that Lounge A is locked in at the commitment deadline, but the drivers original quali time will be retained to set their position in LMP-B.

You actually didn't meet the original requirement for LMP, but we lifted that requirement so the class is still open to you. So in effect you can wait until Thursday and see if anyone else beats your time for the 7 LMP spots in B. If not you can make a final decision on Friday after you know the outcome of both classes.

Those LMP drivers that met the requirement and original deadline put their LMP positioins at risk if they choose LMP reserve. Their times go back into the pool for LMP-B and if they don't hold up they could miss that room or lose their starting position.

I hope this makes some sense... it's more complicated than we intended.

Is it wise (or indeed possible) to sign up for just the early support race at this stage(GT class)? I have the car, and sent Bruce off with it last night. I 've only run a couple of laps in the practice after the test race, so far.

I'd mentally consigned this weekend to the too-busy bin (election and a wedding), but I'll actually be free Sunday morning, it turns out.

Happy to quali (slowly) if we can work out a non-fatal time :ill:

Is it wise (or indeed possible) to sign up for just the early support race at this stage(GT class)? I have the car, and sent Bruce off with it last night. I 've only run a couple of laps in the practice after the test race, so far.

I'd mentally consigned this weekend to the too-busy bin (election and a wedding), but I'll actually be free Sunday morning, it turns out.

Happy to quali (slowly) if we can work out a non-fatal time :ill:

Yup, it's possible and allowed. You only must qualify by the deadline and you're good to go.

Sorry, I'm away for 90 minutes and Dennis gives a driving lesson. Maybe I should hire him for a personal co-pilot drive around Spa... I'll bet I could improve a ton and I'm not kidding at all.

Ty, you're time will not qualify you for Room A LMP for sure, but that gives you a little extra flexibility. It's really on LMP-A we want to nail down tomorrow by noon pacific because other drivers decisions depend on that first and we need the dominoes to start falling so we don't have chaos at the last minute.

So we fall back on the "Finalizing Your Class" section of the OP

You actually didn't meet the original requirement for LMP, but we lifted that requirement so the class is still open to you. So in effect you can wait until Thursday and see if anyone else beats your time for the 7 LMP spots in B. If not you can make a final decision on Friday after you know the outcome of both classes.

Those LMP drivers that met the requirement and original deadline put their LMP positioins at risk if they choose LMP reserve. Their times go back into the pool for LMP-B and if they don't hold up they could miss that room or lose their starting position.

I hope this makes some sense... it's more complicated than we intended.

From the way I see it, somebody would have to drop LMP entirely for me to even get into that class, and I would end up starting last in the B room anyway. I think the better choice for all involved would be for me to commit to GT. Is this good enough, or should I submit my registration again?

I expect a few to drop LMP actually to run GT. Biffy has already and I'm not sure about Wes as it depends on his wheel. I know he doesn't want to drive LMP with a controller. It's possible we won't even end up with 14 LMP drivers.

But it's up to you. Like I said you can just wait and see what shakes out and tell us Friday. Or you may want to focus practice and pick a car.

Either way just post here and no need to update registration.

I will be in the lobby in the next half hour or so and plan to run a few warm up laps and then qualify LMP if a steward is in. I know the speed is there, I just hope I can put it together under pressure.

Congrats Adam, Bart, and Dennis for the top 3 LMP spots. 👍

:cheers: to Tim and Marc for the next 2 spots, and doing about 100X more steward-work for this than me. You guys kick the butt.

And everyone who has made it through a quali session so far...👍👍👍 I hope you were less tense and shaky than I was, but oh what an experience! Great fun. :)

Will be hitting F5 every few seconds to see what develops over the next few days. :lol:

EDIT: Good luck Scott! You picked it up REALLY quick! :cheers: Marc or Tim might already be in there, but if not, I can't make it till around 11:30pm CT.

I will be in the lobby in the next half hour or so and plan to run a few warm up laps and then qualify LMP if a steward is in. I know the speed is there, I just hope I can put it together under pressure.

I'll be in the lobby for a little bit if you want to start now Scott.

Back