GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
30mins is when the enduro starts... best get a hurry on Max :sly:.

Not from the lounges, we don't want to have issues with them being too full. You can watch the streams that Tim mentioned, though. We already had to turn down DDiamond's watch-from-lounge request.

I'm going to TRY and watch both Christophe's and Eddie's live stream to get two perspectives. :)

DC'ed after 1h35 or so. Bummer. Not that I was in contention for anything, but I was much more consistent than in the support race.

Provisional results for D2, which was a really fun race even though I kept spinning out from lack of practice :P:
  1. gooners_17, 63 laps
  2. jtv90069,
  3. mcfizzle,
  4. Wardez, 62 laps
  5. Hun,
  6. ty00123

GT:
  1. EDK,
  2. MilleRSVR,
  3. hasslemoff,
  4. Racingworld,
  5. Allibubba99,
  6. otxjto,
  7. AspecBob,
  8. sjstuart*

* Disconnection

Provisional results for D2, which was a really fun race even though I kept spinning out from lack of practice :P:
  1. gooners_17,
  2. jtv90069,
  3. mcfizzle,
  4. Wardez,
  5. Hun,
  6. ty00123

GT:
  1. EDK,
  2. MilleRSVR,
  3. hasslemoff,
  4. Racingworld,
  5. Allibubba99,
  6. otxjto,
  7. AspecBob,
  8. sjstuart*

* Disconnection

Confirming this is correct. 👍

Great racing, everyone.

Top 3 in GT on lead lap, 59 laps completed.

Well, I enjoyed that a lot, but I really wasn't in the same race as the rest of the GT drivers for about 80% of the race, barring a couple of mistakes that bumped me up a few places for about 3 seconds (PaulMac) and a slightly more extended period ahead of Pekka, who took a little while to switch-on. I did miss my braking point when I jumped up the inside of turn 1, thanks for not being in the way and making me apologise!

Erm - I'll start with who I hit, I think I hit Ren-tec slightly as he was pitting and I smacked into Lucas as I couldn't slow down due to knackered tyres right at the end as people formed up. I think other than that I drove like a "Christian motorist", as I knew I was last and didn't want to mess other people up too much. I was particularly getting out of the way of the LMP guys, don't think I touched a single one. I was trying not to slow up and maintain some 'predictability', so hopefully I did that ok. A few times I probably got in the way a bit, but Adam in particular was just incredible at passing on the outside of turns, pretty impressive - with the tyres going off the boil and in the twistier sections, it certainly looked pretty hard to keep on passing and passing...

Best lap was a 2:14.1 I think, it was VERY early on and to be honest I got slower as time went on, averaging 2:15s and high 2:14s and then slipping slowly back towards 20s.

How many people in GT lapped me? I think Dennis, Biffy and Paul - I think Ren-tec was kind enough to allow me to unlap myself, by crashing into the wall near the end on the pit straight - very kind of you 👍 :D - I would have liked to have finished on the lead lap, but my pace wasn't really good enough. Not too far off though, if I had made no mistakes...probably would have - crashed of my own accord 6 or 7 times which kinda put a stop to it

Thanks for organizing all this guys - this was my first ever online GT5 race - I thought "not doing it by half" was the best option 👍

Matt

Last edited:
Uh oh, I just tried exporting the replay file and it says it's "too big."

If you want help with confirming the driver change I can record each one for you guys for you to confirm.

--LOBBY B--

Thanks to the event orgainizers, great job.👍:cheers::gtplanet:

Nice job to everyone who participated, the race went awesome. I think I had maybe 2 or 3 light contacts throughout the entire race. Nothing major on my end just little side taps in a corner but didn't disrupt any drivers as far as I could tell. I did see one time where I think I was passing Al on the inside of Stavelot and and he spun on the outside rumbles. I don't know if I didn't give him enough room, pushed him off or if it was just a coincidence but there was no contact noise and I apologize if it was my fault.

As for my race it went really well although I didn't drive as well as the Support Race. I made a pass on lap one or two to get 3rd place and then spun at Blanchimont at exit on lap 2. The drafting speed surprised me a little and even though I lifted on throttle I hit the rumbles and the back end snapped around. I don't think anyone else hit me or spun but it dropped me to 5th and may have disrupted Wardez, Hun, and Ty so I apologize for that.

After the spin I had no more offs or problems the rest of the race. The first 2 segments I felt like I couldn't get in an sort of rhythm and my lap times were in the 2'06 area. I ended up doing my driver change on my 4th stop, around 1 hour 20 minutes into the race. I tried to do 9 laps on each tire stint and my fuel loads ranged from 15 to 37 being the max.

Great job again to all the racers and a big thanks to the race stewards. You guys really did an awesome job organizing this and your hard work showed as it went super smoothly.👍

Last edited:
All I can say at this point is........ 3rd!! Woo :D.

And big congrats to everyone especialy the podiums finishers and winners 👍.

Provisional results for Room A:

LMP
  1. GTP_Aderrrm: 64 Laps - 2:24:09.128
  2. GTP_PASM: +19.102
  3. GTP_Hydro: +2:07.807
  4. GTP_DrWatson: (-1 Lap) 2:24:50.802
  5. GTP_WRP001: (-1 Lap) 2:25:00.228
  6. GTP_Gravitron: (-1 Lap) 2:25:10.539
GT
  1. GTP_Chorda: 59 Laps - 2:24:34.704
  2. GTP_Biffy: +18.033
  3. GTP_PaulMac: + 27.643
  4. GTP_Ren-Tec: + 36.920
  5. GTP_Speedy6543: +1:17.043
  6. GTP_MadMax86: +1:43.076
  7. GTP_Insatiable: (-1 Lap) 2:25:10.628

Not a single DC in room A which is beyond expectations. Great racing guys. I'm officially fried.

Uh oh, I just tried exporting the replay file and it says it's "too big."

If you want help with confirming the driver change I can record each one for you guys for you to confirm.

Yes, I think we are going to need that assistance.

I can also review, but not tonight, as I have other commitments.

Well first of all a Huge Thank You goes out to all the admin of the WRSOnline series, you did a great job and put alot of effort into these events,

Was a great race where Denilson was just too quick on the day plus II made rookey mistakes with stratagy and tyre balance. Well done to Denilson on the GT win, Biffy in second and Paul in third (so close on to getting you til the last lap man). You guys had fantastic pace out there today.

ps Biffy don't take it personally I was stuggling on worn tyres and just defending my position by covering the line and I think we both ruthed each other up 👍

Well, I enjoyed that a lot, but I really wasn't in the same race as the rest of the GT drivers for about 80% of the race, barring a couple of mistakes that bumped me up a few places for about 3 seconds (PaulMac) and a slightly more extended period ahead of Pekka, who took a little while to switch-on. I did miss my braking point when I jumped up the inside of turn 1, thanks for not being in the way and making me apologise!

No problem ,
I saw you closing in fast and decided to go wide and avoid contact/damage.

My pit strategy was thought on fly after the first 11 lap stint.
Got some idea of how long one tyre set could last. Then I planned my "driver change" to take place as early as possible.
After that I did simple 8 laps / tyre set and took 15-25 liters of fuel every stop.
During the first stop I filled the tank accidently after pressing the PS button and being momentarily not in control.
The 99 laps threw all the fuel assumptions off and I couldn't really do the math on fly. :ill:

Most of my mistakles happened when I was trying to do the math or when I drafted an LMP. :lol:

Overall the race was success , big thanks to all the organizers and testers. :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks to the admin guys for a great event 👍👍
I will throw a race report in later but I'm looking for a little more sleep first :D

The winners of both classes for Race A have been verified as far as the driver change. Both stopped for a bit over 5 minutes.

GTP_Aderrrrm - Check - Lap 38
GTP_Chorda - Check - Lap 35

Thanks to all the stewards for all the work done! Really well organised and definitely one of the best experiences I've had on GT5!

Congrats to all the winners and podium finishers in each room 👍, as well as to everyone who took part.

My race was pretty much screwed from the beginning, as I made a mistake on cold tires and lost about 10 seconds in one go before I had an entire racing lap in the books. But it didn't matter, since I went into the race with the sole objective of having fun, and have fun I did. One thing that surprised me was just how mentally taxing it felt. I've ran 24-hour races before (3xGT4, 4xGT5), but you can pause those and take a break; online you have to keep your concentration level up and keep on going, which adds a whole new level to the racing. Overall, even if I did come in dead last, I can still look back and say "yep, I made it". Thanks to the GT drivers for being generally predictable and easy to get past, and sorry to everyone in the B lounge for my post-race ditching without exiting the track. :lol:

Driver Change Verifications:

GTP_Aderrrrm | Checked By WRP001 | Lap 38
GTP_Chorda | Checked By WRP001 | Lap 35
GTP_PASM | Checked By WRP001 | Lap 28

I'm done checking them for now if anyone wants to pitch in. Reply and update.

I've got the replay up and will try to get some verifications for A up in the next 30min. After that I could continue later tonight. 👍

Too speechless to say much else yet, but had a really great time! :) :cheers:

GTP_Aderrrrm | Checked By WRP001 | Lap 38
GTP_Chorda | Checked By WRP001 | Lap 35
GTP_PASM | Checked By WRP001 | Lap 28
GTP_WRP001 | Checked by Gravitron | Lap 33
GTP_PaulMac | Checked by Gravitron | Lap 31
GTP_Hydro | Checked by Gravitron | Lap 34
GTP_DrWatson | Checked by Gravitron | Lap 28

Last edited:
Back