GTP WRS-Online : Special IV - Laguna Mixed Class Enduro - Apr 29

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 665 comments
As long as you guys are taking feedback for this:
I say leave the power as is, part of the challenge is to tame whichever beast you decide to go with. We don't want to make it too easy for people :sly:.

Plus I hate the whole concept of a power limiter :)

We agree, but research did show that Yanaran was correct and this car was not run at 100% power in *real* life. Now that was due to reliability issues and not because the driver or team didn't want to go faster. We won't have reliability issues so we are free to go full power if we decide that's best.

I can tell you this... we aren't going down to 700 hp which is what they ran the car at in real life. I tested it and I thought it took away some of the character of the car. Don't worry, we are not going to tame the beast and make it too easy. 👍

Signed up for the LMP. Very much looking forward to this one, and will actually practice :P

Thanks for yet another great event 3D3 👍

FYI, you've only signed up for the Saturday support race as far as I can see.

I'm not a stalker or anything, but I think Wardez is also signed up for that Sun Apr 29 Integra race...

Thanks for letting me know Tim, I did state at the form for quite a while then changed my submission around, I must've been right the first time xD. Should I re-submit?

And yeah I decided last week I can't make Sundays anymore for the Integra race because I need all the time I can get these days.

Thanks for letting me know Tim, I did state at the form for quite a while then changed my submission around, I must've been right the first time xD. Should I re-submit?

And yeah I decided last week I can't make Sundays anymore for the Integra race because I need all the time I can get these days.

The issue is the Sunday Enduro is on a different post/form from the Saturday races. There are two Saturday races and one Sunday race.

I signed you up for LMP primary / GT secondary (#11) for the Enduro... if you want to cancel for Saturday let me know or just resubmit that form and cancel.

Ok yeah I'm gonna cancel for the Saturday race as of now.

Announcement.

After collecting feedback from drivers and further testing the car specs have been updated and are now final. We've removed the High Range RPM Turbo from the RX-7 TC and replaced it with the stock Low RPM Range Turbo. On the 787b we've reduced power to 750 HP by setting the power limiter to 90.2%.

787b_specsv2.jpg
787b_specsv2_installedparts.jpg

rx7tc_specsv2.jpg
rx7tc_specsv2_installedparts.jpg

Note: For the LMP class the lounge will be set to 749 max HP and the system will allow you on track at 750 HP with 90.2%. If you set the PL to 90.3% your HP will continue to read 750 HP, but you will not be allowed on track by the system. The magic of hidden decimal places and rounding. :sly:

Qualifying is set to open in a about 28 hours. 👍

Last edited:
Best free-run laps for me at the new specs were:

787B: 1'17.2xx (w/ TC=1)
RX-7 TC: 1'24.0xx

I think this was the right decision, given the tricky nature of this track. 👍

Best free-run laps for me at the new specs were:

787B: 1'17.2xx (w/ TC=1)
RX-7 TC: 1'24.0xx

I think this was the right decision, given the tricky nature of this track. 👍

Perfect timing! You can enter your practice times in our new practice leaderboard.

The idea of the practice sheet is to share information and track progress. The database will keep record of all your practice log entries even though the posted linked above will only show the latest practice times for each driver. We will come up with other interesting views of the practice log database and look for driver feedback for interesting directions for the tool.

Let us know what you think.

Entered. 👍 I guessed at the hundredths and thousandths for both best laps, but I know I can beat both soon, so will pay better attention to those from now on. :)

Entered. 👍 I guessed at the hundredths and thousandths for both best laps, but I know I can beat both soon, so will pay better attention to those from now on. :)

Found a bug in the system using your entries. Currently, it only tracks your latest entry across both classes, but it should track latest entry in each class. I'll get that fixed.

Could it be the specs. for the RX7 are incorrect ? 596 pp would be without max downforce. I think it should be 607pp, or am i missing something ?

I'll be in 3D3 Main practicing both cars if anybody wants to join in.

Could it be the specs. for the RX7 are incorrect ? 596 pp would be without max downforce. I think it should be 607pp, or am i missing something ?

Arghhh... you might be right. I switched the tuning sheet to grab the photo and the other sheet probably didn't have full downforce.

EDIT: Fixed. Both images were captured with default instead of max aero and both have been corrected.

Last edited:
While setting up the RX-7, the changes made to the regulations mean the transmission settings in Prianos tune are no longer going to work. Is there any work arounds to this?

Praiano's tranny settings will always need mods according to the track. I used that same tranny for both high and low specs, and while it wasn't 100% ideal, they still "worked".

I suspect you'll see people posting their tranny settings soon.

Signed up for both the support races and the main event.

I like the change in spec's for the RX-7. 👍

I turned a 1'24.0xx lap with the mid-range turbo. Haven't tried the low range yet.

Should be another great event. Really like Laguna. 👍

Now to start practicing.:)

Signed up for both the support races and the main event.

I like the change in spec's for the RX-7. 👍

I turned a 1'24.0xx lap with the mid-range turbo. Haven't tried the low range yet.

Should be another great event. Really like Laguna. 👍

Now to start practicing.:)

Glad you like the spec change... we do listen to you guys after all. Not that we always do what everyone wants, the admins don't always agree ourselves (can you believe it :sly:), but we value the feedback and take it seriously.

You can/should log your practice time in our new Practice Leaderboard.

EDIT: I'm going to be in the main 3D3 lounge shortly and try to register a practice time myself. :sly:

Last edited:
Vehicle at 92.9mi......what is the break-in mi? Getting tired of running Jack-BSpec...:lol:

EDIT...GT!

Vehicle at 92.9mi......what is the break-in mi? Getting tired of running Jack-BSpec...:lol:

EDIT...GT!

I took me about 50-60 laps at Laguna to break the RX-7 in.

Just ran 5-6 10 or 15 lap online races in my lounge.

Tires can last 15 laps if not pushing too hard. In my last 10 lapper I was really pushing to get best lap time (1'23.893). Tires were gone after 10, I wouldn't, or couldn't maintain that pace for the Enduro.

I took me about 50-60 laps at Laguna to break the RX-7 in.

Just ran 5-6 10 or 15 lap online races in my lounge.

Tires can last 15 laps if not pushing too hard. In my last 10 lapper I was really pushing to get best lap time (1'23.893). Tires were gone after 10, I wouldn't, or couldn't maintain that pace for the Enduro.

Thanks for the response and info, Blair....pretty close now....494hp/606pp @ 145.6mi.

Going in for some practice soon.

EDIT: Out @ 1'17.597

Guess I just missed you in the lounge. I'll be in shortly, but won't be on late tonight.

I could use some advice on tuning for the corkskrew. Feel fairly solid about most of the track and even my quali setup which will be on good tires. But worried about the race and low tire runs through the corkskrew. Need something to make it a little less of a knifes edge. Probably a combination of a better line and some tuning adjustments.

Hey guys :) Not sure yet if I'm going to be able to run this event but thought I'd take my 787B out for shakedown and do some setup work. Got into the 1'15s pretty quickly and got a fastest for the night of 1'15.644 - can definitely see more time there but I'm tired and lacking consistency at this point, particularly at Laguna Seca which one of my weakest tracks.

Setup:

Max aero (obviously :dopey:)

Engine
Limiter @ 90.2% (750hp)

Suspension
-20/-20
17.1/18.0
7/7
7/7
7/7
1.5/1.5
0.00/0.00

LSD
7/11/7

Brakes
5/2
ABS 10

Transmission
Tranny trick - final to max, max speed to min, then ratios:
Final 3.807 (Max speed 200mph)

Last edited:
Productive session for me tonight. Went into it thinking of switching to the RX-7 for my primary because I'd struggled with the 787B and left it convinced I will be running the 787B in the race. Ended the night with a fast lap of 1'17.452 and the next lap was .250 up at T1 but lost time at the cork screw. Earlier in the day, in frustration and desperation, I switched to Ferrari wheel rim and it seemed to make me quicker and more consistent. I'll be back on the track looking for more time tomorrow.👍

Hey guys :) Not sure yet if I'm going to be able to run this event but thought I'd take my 787B out for shakedown and do some setup work. Got into the 1'15s pretty quickly and got a fastest for the night of 1'15.644 - can definitely see more time there but I'm tired and lacking consistency at this point, particularly at Laguna Seca which one of my weakest tracks.

👍

I'll put a link to your tune in the details post. I managed to break into the low 1'16s tonight and had top spot on the practice sheet until you shattered my times. I can see 1'15 in the future, but definitely not easily.

I'll give your tune a shot tomorrow night and see if I can do any damage with it. The tune I'm using is definitely not tailored for this track. Anxious to see how yours handles the corkskrew.

Also remember if you can't make the enduro you are still welcome to participate in one of the support races on Saturday. Also you can do a qualifying run just for kicks even if you aren't sure if you are going to make a race. They are a lot of fun in and of themselves. And then if you decide last minute to join you'll be set.

Its ok through the corkscrew - brake early and coast in using 2nd gear, short shift to 3rd on the exit. Take a wide exit though or it'll spin you round real quick. Seems pretty good for fairly even tyre wear too if you're careful on the throttle in the exits. I was 3 tenths up on my best at T2 towards the end of my session but blew it running off in the sand, which signalled my exit for the evening :sly:

And yeah, I'll try and make it to a support race, thanks Tim. Qualifying for the enduro is probably a good idea too like you say. 👍

Let me know how you get on with the setup when you get a chance. :)

Its ok through the corkscrew - brake early and coast in using 2nd gear, short shift to 3rd on the exit. Take a wide exit though or it'll spin you round real quick. Seems pretty good for fairly even tyre wear too if you're careful on the throttle in the exits. I was 3 tenths up on my best at T2 towards the end of my session but blew it running off in the sand, which signalled my exit for the evening :sly:

And yeah, I'll try and make it to a support race, thanks Tim. Qualifying for the enduro is probably a good idea too like you say. 👍

Let me know how you get on with the setup when you get a chance. :)

Note: a single qualifying run counts for both the Sunday enduro and the Saturday support races. There is no separate quali for Saturday.

The admins are considering penalizing any qualification lap where the driver hits an object on the track (e.g. brake marker signs or cones). Hitting them will red flag your lap in the WRS Time Trials so we're most likely going to follow suit here with a minor time penalty. There won't be penalties during the race, but wouldn't it be nice to race here without the markers spread all over the track in the first couple laps! The exact ruling on this will be published before the qualification window opens.

So it turns out this may be problematic. I was running some laps tonight with Speedy watching using the "watch race" section (and streaming) just like he would if here were a steward. He saw me hit a brake marker entering the final turn and it was flat on the ground in his view, but from my viewpoint the marker was never touched and was still standing. I rounded track again and parked in front of the marker which was standing clear as day untouched on my screen, but knocked over on the ground from Speedy's view. I think the telemetry sent to an observer is probably not exact and the small margin for error if you are very close could cause the game to interpret things differently.

Anyway, because of this we are not generally going to penalize hitting brake markers during quali. However we reserve the right to make specific track boundary rules, in particular going wide into the markers prior to turn 1. That area will be out of bounds and incur a penalty. But in other areas of the track where the markers are right on the track edge next to the rumbles it may be more trouble than it's worth to penalize when the driver and view have different realities so as long as the driver keeps two wheels on track we'll ignore marker contact.

Back