GTP WRS-Online : Special IV - Laguna Mixed Class Enduro - Apr 29

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 665 comments
Hope you can join, Chris. 👍 And thanks for the tune. :)

I got 2 16's tonight: 16.772 after Tim left (honest!), and then a 16.9xx in a 787B vs RX-7 TC race between T-L and I. 5 lap race, and I practiced a couple overtakes, as luck would have it, both on the straight before the cork, which is a pretty safe place for it. But his shorter braking distance meant he was right on my tail all through the cork. :scared:

Thanks for the practice, Scott, Tim, & Mark. :cheers:

I'm hoping that some generous people will be sharing their RX-7 tunes with us soon... (Kevin? Pekka? Mark?...)

I'm hoping that some generous people will be sharing their RX-7 tunes with us soon... (Kevin? Pekka? Mark?...)

lol me to, as i am not happy with praiano's tune, to edgy in my opinion. And i was not completly happy with the tyrewear neither. Will do more testing this afthernoon....
I am happy with the new specs, as in my opinion they suit the car better, but the praiano tune is not working for me.

I used praiano's tune for the RX-7 and made it a bit more stable.
IIRC the changes I made were these but I'll double check it this evening.
LSD: initial: 10 8
accelaration 14 12

Camber: 2.0/ 2.0 1.2

Giving me a best lap of 1:23.966

Hope you can join, Chris. 👍 And thanks for the tune. :)
No worries, Lucas. 👍 Hope I can join too - I missed the Spa race thanks to my wheel woes....

I'll have a run in the RX7 later and see if I can work a setup for that. It has been one of my favourite race cars since I got that DLC but I've never run it online yet.

No worries, Lucas. 👍 Hope I can join too - I missed the Spa race thanks to my wheel woes....

I'll have a run in the RX7 later and see if I can work a setup for that. It has been one of my favourite race cars since I got that DLC but I've never run it online yet.

looking forward to it.....

edit: In the 3D3_Racing lounge for practise. Did a small race with 'the alien' called T-L :)
I swear i saw a 1.21.xxx and it wasn't mine ;)

Feel free to join...

edit2: Session closed, new best time with qualifyaing setup. Also tested tyrewear. Doing a nice amount of laps on 1 set :)

Last edited:

What I have so far was worked out on the track Wednesday night, so it's still pretty rough.

I should have more time this weekend to dial it in and will let you know what I come up with. 👍

That said, I'm actually planning to run the 787 in this event. But I really like the RX-7 and have already built one, so I may as well tune it. ;)

looking forward to it.....

edit: In the 3D3_Racing lounge for practise. Did a small race with 'the alien' called T-L :)

Feel free to join...

edit2: Session closed, new best time with qualifyaing setup. Also tested tyrewear. Doing a nice amount of laps on 1 set :)

T-L logged the 1'21 on the practice sheet so it's real. :crazy:

That would be great, Chris, I often like your tunes!

Kevin: looking forward to yours too, but I'll be patient, the main event is still far away 👍

I'm in 3D3 Main if anyone wants to join.

Got my first taste of being passed by a 787B/GT yesterday when you and Paul blew past. I hope I kept my line correct and didn't interfere with your run or Paul. :nervous: A new experience for me, but sooner of never, you have to get your feet wet.

I would have stuck around longer but when I ran that 1'18.320 in the GT, I immediately knew something was wrong........as in SF was on. :ouch: So frustrating that I ended up hitting the exit button and headed for the martini.

If any of you see me do something wrong on the track, I gladly solicit your input for correcting it. :)

I may get in a few laps later. Feels good to get over the flu [really a fight to keep it from going into pneumonia...and to finally get the taxes filed today. 💡 Since this is Friday the 13th, I will wait to file the taxes tomorrow. :sly:

EDIT: Chris and Kevin, looking forward to your GT tunes. :)

Last edited:
Another good session today, fast lap of 1'17.029. I should be running mid 16's within the next session or two. Thanks to Chris for posting the tune, it's what I was using and felt really comfortable except for the times I had a lead foot.:sly: it was good to get a couple passes on GT cars also, with Darren and Jon in the lobby. I probably won't be back on until Sunday, unless I get lucky with the rain tomorrow. Good luck with the practices everyone.👍

Most probably doing qually tomorrow, my best time is a 1:26, though I know I can push to a 1:25.

In the 3D3_Racing lounge for practise. Did a small race with 'the alien' called T-L :)

For any doubters Speedy and I just watched T-L knock out another 1'21.994 exactly to the thousandths... great lap. We set the room to RX-7 specs and I ran a few laps and managed to see a single 1'23. Really fun car to drive and allows you to push a lot more than the 787b.

All signed up for the supports, Mondays bad as usual...

Might try some practice this time, I need to learn to handle the rockets, and this one's nice!

Love both cars, and the track as well. The 787 is probably the friendliest of the group Cs (excepting possibly the 905), and it has by far the best noise 👍

I probably bought the first car pack just for the RX-7 TC - I would be guilty of being a bit jealous of Forza 4 for a) Ferrari Dino 246 and b) The RX-7 '85 GSL-SE. No, I never had one of those.... *cough* '81chipped13Bturbow15"rims3"exhaust *cough*

Another interesting choice here would have been the Furai!

Last edited:
Signed up for GT, in both support races and the endurance race.👍

otxjto
Signed up for GT, in both support races and the endurance race.👍

Great to have you join in the fun Joe.

I sent a few recruiting PMs tonight... We really need a minimum of 20 and preferably 24+ to run two lounges for the enduro so if anyone knows someone on the fence give them a nudge. Still have two weeks so plenty of time.

Quali window is open, but nobody qualified on Friday the 13th.

Hey. I'm looking for a steward to watch my qualifying time, preferably later on today. I'm free from 10:00am BST to 8:00pm BST today. Thank you. :cheers:

Hey Darren, maybe I will be able to watch your qualifying around 7PM your time.

Sorry for the late respons but I didn't have any clue on how my day would've been.

Hey Darren, maybe I will be able to watch your qualifying around 7PM your time.

Sorry for the late respons but I didn't have any clue on how my day would've been.

Thats a good time, theres a TV Programme on an hour later but I'll be on after if need be.

Haven't decided to sign up yet but between the two classes I'm leaning much more towards the GT. Found Jackthalad's tune suits me much better than Praiano's so far in ~45 minutes of testing. Did a 1'22.5 on fresh tires and a 23 flat on lap 7, so it seems you get quite a few "good" laps before times start climbing.

First short run with the RX-7 for a best lap of 1'24.364 but inconsistent laps around it.

*** QUALI IN PROGRESS ***

Please don't enter the GTP_3D3Racing lounge untill this post is edited (15min). 👍

Darren had a DC in his own race :lol: so we had to start over. It's done now. Main lounge is available again.

Last edited:
First 10 laps with the 787B. I'm surprised at how relatively stable this car is, I expected an insane beast.
I'm already getting better with my wheel. Give me one week and I'm back at pace.:sly:

Back