Sunday, November 11, 2012

1:00 PM PST / 4:00 PM EST / 21:00 GMT

img.php

Choice of Honda Mugen or Mobil 1 NSX (Super GT) '01 @ Fuji GT

mugenvmobile1.jpg
track_fuji_speedway_gt.jpg

*Tuning Prohibited

Steward's Comments:

Each of these events was a ton of fun the first time around and among the admins they're personal favorites so we're bringing them back for one more round. With this special event we are offering a couple time slots on both Saturday and Sunday hoping a few members who can't take part in our regular Wednesday time slots will have a chance to take part in the action. Each race is considered an individual event and no points are tallied across races.

Have fun! 👍

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

Last edited:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

121110_GreatestHitsVol2_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_3.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing and GTP_3D3_B)
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low

Official Practice Times
  • NA: Thursday and Friday, November 1, 2, 8 & 9. Times TBD.
  • EU: Thursday and Friday, November 1, 2, 8 & 9. Times TBD.
  • Pre-Race: The lounge will be open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings
  • Varies by Event - See Below

Qualification Procedures
  • Type: Live Single-Stint Pre-Race Qualifying
  • Timing: Begins at event start time after timer reset and just before the race
  • Duration: 15-20 minutes depending on grid size

Event Settings
  • Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: Varies By Event (~60 minute race length)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: *Normal* (new 2.09 option)
  • Pit Stops: Open & Optional

Regulation Settings
  • Car Restriction: Varies By Event
  • Tire Restrictions: Varies By Event
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • Driving Line | TCS | ABS: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Twin Ring Twin Ring Motegi:
  • Original Online Event: GTP WRS-Online : Event 46 : Twin Ring Twin Ring Motegi - July 25
  • Track: Twin Ring Motegi (Full Road Course) - original had an oval stage which has been eliminated for a full length road stage
  • Laps: 32 (+1 formation lap) - original had 24 laps
  • Car: Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra '05 (from Premium Garage)
  • Tires: Racing Mediums (R2's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning allowed - R/A functions allowed
  • Example Tunes: Praiano (online)

Snake in the Road
  • Original Online Event: GTP WRS-Online : Event 28 : Snake in the Road - Mar 21
  • Track: Indy Road Course
  • Laps: 35 (+1 formation lap) - original had a grid start
  • Car: Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 (from Premium Garage)
  • Tires: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning prohibited - R/A functions allowed

Tim is Gonna Kill Me:
NS X-Men - Reunion:
  • Original Online Event: GTP WRS-Online : Event 49 : NS X-Men - Reunion - Aug 15
  • Track: Fuji Speedway GT
  • Laps: 35 (+1 formation lap)
  • Car: Choice - Honda Mobil 1 NSX '01 | Honda LOCTITE MUGEN NSX '01 (from Standard Garage) - admins can gift a stock version upon request.
  • Tires: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Power: 483 HP (PL @ 95.0%) -- dropped from 493 HP after testing the impact of the 2.09 update.
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning prohibited - R/A functions allowed

NSX-Men_4.jpg

Last edited:

wrstitlepracticeleaderb.png

121110_1_TwinRing_Practice.png
121110_2_Snake_Practice.png

121111_1_TimGonnaKill_Practice.png
121111_2_NSXMen_Practice.png

View Raw Logs Here
(for splits and notes)

Note: You are welcome to submit a practice lap if you are not taking part in the race as long as you are listed in the 3D3 Driver Database and the lap is run in an online lounge under proper event regulations.

Last edited:
wrstitlesracehighlights.png

Snake in the Road Highlight Video by GTP_Roomboter 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06 out for a spin on GVS Reverse and it was tough. The car isn't broken in as I never ran the original event (TT or Online) so I wasn't too concerned with lap times, but the car has no forward grip and the handling was "unusual". Didn't feel anything like the previous LMP or GROUP C cars we've featured in our events.

Maybe it's a physics change from the last update and the setup doesn't work as it did before... I was using Mohit's posted setup in the original online thread. Either the tune needs to be redone or I need a driving lesson. :lol:

Registered for the two 21:00 GMT races. Looking forward to it. :)

I took the Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06 out for a spin on GVS Reverse and it was tough. The car isn't broken in as I never ran the original event (TT or Online) so I wasn't too concerned with lap times, but the car has no forward grip and the handling was "unusual". Didn't feel anything like the previous LMP or GROUP C cars we've featured in our events.

Maybe it's a physics change from the last update and the setup doesn't work as it did before... I was using Mohit's posted setup in the original online thread. Either the tune needs to be redone or I need a driving lesson. :lol:

I'll post my setup later. It's the setup I was going to use for the Motegi endurance but didn't take part in that event, plus I had picked the GT class if I was going to run it.

Try chris or my tune from that combo Tim. Ride height played almost zero factor iirc.

Last edited:
Hydro
Try chris or my tune from that combo Tim. Ride height played almost zero factor iirc.

I didn't see your tune posted. You have a link?

Here's Chris' offline tune:
Our tunes were pretty similar IIRC - that was the week I loaned out my car pre-tuned for a couple drivers so I never did post anything seeing as it was online the whole time.

-15/-25
20.0/18.0
9/7
7/5
7/7
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.00

LSD 7/11/9

BB 4/3 ABS 10

I don't think it changed much when used online - just even out the ride height. If I ever turn my PS3 on again I'll see what my online tune was and post it ;)

I will not be able to make this Special Event. Darn real life!!!

I would like to get a photo shoot together, I would prefer at least 4 drivers (for a super-secret Special event ;))

Al

I can only do the Twin Ring Motegi race. I'll have to drive to Chicago after the race to pick my wife up from O'hare Sunday Morning.

Wow what a great idea, guys. Love the saturday & sunday timeslots.
Signed up for all 4 races! 👍
Looking forward to the special event weekend.

Someone in for a training session this afternoon?

Nice, me like 👍

I can't make the sunday races for sure. Have to see if i can fit in the agenda the saturday races. If it doesn't fit, i'll make it fit ;).

I'm thinking that I would like to do some online practice testing w/ my new connection before I get my hopes up about racing online again. I'll try to show up for one or two of the practice sessions to see if my connection is stable enough and my ping isn't an issue.

If someone has some setup recomendations that they might suggest my router is a Amped Wireless High Power R10000 and will be hard wired before I show up.

We'll definitely have some practice Thursday and Friday of this week and maybe some "Pick-up" races over the weekend. If anyone wants to organize a race or gather for any of the combos just post to the thread and hopefully others will join you.

Is anyone driving tonight? I'm thinking some R10 practice is in order.

Hydro
Is anyone driving tonight? I'm thinking some R10 practice is in order.

Can't make it until my usual late time slot.

I've got a suggestion for practice. Be cause not everybody run all the races.
A-Lounge for saturday races en B-Lounge for sunday races. Just a tought

Today is the first tentative practice session, here is the EU time slot schedule for today and tomorrow for the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing):

Thursday Nov, 1 (today)
  • Twin Ring: 11:00 AM Pacific | 2:00 PM Eastern | 18:00 GMT
  • Snake: 1:00 PM Pacific | 4:00 PM Eastern | 20:00 GMT
Friday, Nov 2: (tomorrow)
  • TiGKM: 11:00 AM Pacific | 2:00 PM Eastern | 18:00 GMT
  • NS X-Men: 1:00 PM Pacific | 4:00 PM Eastern | 20:00 GMT

Note: I will setup the lounge, but won't necessarily be driving the entire time.

Anyone who wants to practice a different combo during these times is free to reserve the A or B lounge and just post here with your schedule.

If someone else wants to take charge of setting up / managing some NA practice slots later tonight please do so and post. I will be able to join the lounge later tonight, but not at a suitable time for each coast, maybe 8:30 PM Pacific.

Practice session will follow the normal format with free run time and short 10-15 minute races mixed in depending on the preferences of those in the lounge.

The main lounge is now open for Twin Ring Motegi practice.

Count me in for the ''Snakes on the road'' event. I just submitted my inscription. 👍

👍

We just switched over to Snake after a good practice at Motegi. Going to start a short 8-lap race in about 3-4 minutes.

EDIT: Good practice guys, going to shut down the lounge now. Don't forget to record you best practice laps in the practice leaderboard.

Last edited:
Tim you placed a sandbag time on the Motegi practice lap time board. ;)

Tim you placed a sandbag time on the Motegi practice lap time board. ;)

:lol: Did I run a 1'48.2XX? I didn't write it down and don't have the splits. Basically just wanted to get a time up there that wasn't fictional... I'll see what I can do about getting a 1'48 flat and posting that. :sly:

Dropping in the main lounge for some practice. Any combo will do. :lol:

EDIT: Lounge closed. Ran Motegi and barely beat my posted best practice lap which is now updated.

Last edited:
Back