GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 2,665 comments
Im having some problem sending in my replays, and I'm not tempted to read all 79 pages of this thread so what am i doing wrong here?

You must attach 1 valid Gran Turismo replay file (while being signed into PSN) as outlined in the registration thread.

i thought i was online signed in and all that

Having problems registering for WRS. checked and double checked on last entry but still rejected. Where do I go to from here
Please add me and @Gravitron to the conversation with WRSFetchbot.

Use the "Invite More" link that's below the recipient's name on the right of the screen.

After giving up on registration the first time even with help ,, i have now worked out what was wrong (put psn in caps and was lower case.) it's only taken weeks to spot my mistake...just looking for club invite now ! Started tt just need to send fetch'ey my time:)

After giving up on registration the first time even with help ,, i have now worked out what was wrong (put psn in caps and was lower case.) it's only taken weeks to spot my mistake...just looking for club invite now ! Started tt just need to send fetch'ey my time:)

Invite sent. Welcome to :gtplanet: WRS :gtpflag:

Hey, I've just been notified by MeisterFetz that I'm not on the Registry. I believe I had done everything correctly and I've been allowed to compete in all three of my TT's so far. :confused:

Hey, I've just been notified by MeisterFetz that I'm not on the Registry. I believe I had done everything correctly and I've been allowed to compete in all three of my TT's so far. :confused:
You are there in the leaderboard, you show in the unplaced drivers at the bottom. Here's your profile.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/driver/J_Starscream/

You will not show in the registry thread until you are actually placed, that happens next week, when the results for your 3rd event are made official.

Plenty of rookies in the registry, though.

At a guess, I would say they are people who completed the old division placement system (running the 2 qualy events versus running 3 normal events) but never particpated in any TTs maybe? Only thing I can think of to explain it

How do double promotions work? Say if I was in D2 Gold (2.001) wouldn't I need to get a negative sub par handicap to get into D1 Silver?

2.001 x 5 + 0 ÷ 6 = 1.6675 = Not D1 Silver

Or is it only possible starting from D2 Silver?

Edit: And will there ever be demotions or handicaps getting higher?

Last edited:
Yes, double promotions typically happen to higher handicaps.
And sandbaggers. :P Not mentioning any names...

Edit: And will there ever be demotions or handicaps getting higher?
No. In GT5, a positive handicap would have an effect, but in GT6 we went with the no-damage handicap. Only positive (ahem, negative :D) results will modify your handicap.

I won't be able to stay on GTPlanet for very long these 2 weeks,I can't use the letter I (copy pasted) on my phone. My phone presses U and O at the same time.
I tried to remove my screen protector, no luck. No PC, no PS3, now no phone keyboard. Great.

I won't be able to stay on GTPlanet for very long these 2 weeks,I can't use the letter I (copy pasted) on my phone. My phone presses U and O at the same time.
I tried to remove my screen protector, no luck. No PC, no PS3, now no phone keyboard. Great.
Sounds like you need to step away from the keyboard, son. LOL

Sounds like you need to step away from the keyboard, son. LOL
1'll just use 1 for capital I and autocorrect / auto prediction for small I , 1 hope this won't stop me :P 1t'll be frustrating though for long posts.

Edit: Ok, let's say 1'm in D2 Silver (2.334)

So... 2.334 x 5 + 0.32 ÷ 6 = 1.99eight = D1 bronze

1 don't believe a person in D2 Silver would get a 0.320 handicap, so... 1 still don't get it. We saw this happen not long ago in the promotions thread.

Last edited:
So... 2.334 x 5 + 0.32 ÷ 6 = 1.99eight = D1 bronze

1 don't believe a person in D2 Silver would get a 0.320 handicap, so... 1 still don't get it. We saw this happen not long ago in the promotions thread.
With this formula (from FAQ) it'd be pretty rare to even get a regular promotion.

Can someone tell me (Or send a link to somewhere about) how the division system works? I don't actually know how the maths works.

Without going into how its calculated, your current handicap is displayed here in the registry thread
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/official-gtp_registry-gt6.297257/

Once your placement will be done...

From that moment you can see the current handicap you have and the one you started with (after you do events with negative handicap) for example: Mike_Peperni / mike_gt3 / CANADA (1.116 / 1.499)

1.116 is my current handicap, and 1.499 is what i qualified with, wich was in d1 silver, to be d1 gold it need to be lower than 1.334

d1 silver is 1.334 to 1.666 (you can see this in the registry)

when you complete an event , you can see your handicap results from this event in the unoffical result thread where it says ''overall results'' thats where you know if you will improve or not your handicap, if its negative your handicap will get lower (better), closer to the required handicap to get promoted. When the results are official and sent into archive you can go look are your handicap in the registry and see your updated positionning in the list.

You can see who had the best performance for their current handicap in the handicapped result in the unoffical results thread. But to know where you stand in the registry you need to go in the registry thread.

:)

Back