GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 31 : Flyin' Down Mulsanne

• Thread starter EDK
  • 321 comments
I would have loved to have ran this event but it was another race week for me / weekend for Little and his gokart ..... he ran a 20 lap main and got 4th :) now to go get me some groceries 👍

I think this is it for me...Really struggled to get a clean lap this week, in fact I really struggled to get past the Dunlop chicane most of the time :lol:

Excel says I've left 0.3 on the track...they can stay there!

Will submit later once I've double and triple checked the replay. Good luck to those still chasing ghosts :cheers:

🤬 ...this lap is dirty

Submitted with these (for now)

26.614 (slowest T2 all week :yuck:)

0.1 down on my previous best splits, up 0.3 at the line. Still running....

Submitted with these (for now)

26.614 (slowest T2 all week :yuck:)

0.1 down on my previous best splits, up 0.3 at the line. Still running....

Please stop. :lol: You winking at me?

Edit: It seems for now you and MadMax both relinquished positions to me for fastest splits, and now I have two. :)

You Div 1 guys (and Max too) are hilarious. :lol: I thought me and my 1000miles was crazy.

Sorry to hear about your dirty lap, Jon, hopefully you have time now, since I know you can "do it again". 👍

I would have loved to have ran this event but it was another race week for me / weekend for Little and his gokart ..... he ran a 20 lap main and got 4th :) now to go get me some groceries 👍

Congratz to Little. While you are at the grocery store please pick me up a burrito. Your blood pressure will probably thank you later for not taking part this week. The OP should have come with a warning:

'People who are pregnant or people with back problems, motion sickness, or heart problems should not take part.'​

You Div 1 guys (and Max too) are hilarious. :lol: I thought me and my 1000miles was crazy.

Sorry to hear about your dirty lap, Jon, hopefully you have time now, since I know you can "do it again". 👍
I gained 12 seconds from first posted lap to current. :scared:
I gained 11 seconds in the first 800 miles.
I gained 1 second in the last 1100 miles.

When I realized this chain is when I called it quits. :lol:

No time now Lucas - it's 7am here and I'm getting the kids breakfast and gettign ready for work :grumpy:

I don't even know what my next clean lap is, but I do know it's a lot slower...

That's crazy Dom, I've barely ran 600 miles this week!

Make it 6 . I've finally completed one fast lap.
One that's even faster than all the dirty laps before it :mischievous:

Current splits:

MadMax

Nice job...driving like a true champion. I know your ranked D2 gold and I have no clue how close you might be to ever becoming a D1...but your good enough to be one thats for sure. I have always thought that, but your proving it bigtime at this track.:)👍

I gained 12 seconds from first posted lap to current. :scared:
I gained 11 seconds in the first 800 miles.
I gained 1 second in the last 1100 miles.

When I realized this chain is when I called it quits. :lol:

That's seriously how it goes with this.

I remember back in my GT4 D3 days, I could pick up about 4 seconds from my first save to my submission. But it always took half my running time to find the last 0.5 or so.

Apologies to the reviewers of my lap, very difficult to get the perfect spot/photo, but can't throw away a clean fastest lap.:crazy:

circuitdelasarthe2009noc.jpg

circuitdelasarthe2009nol.jpg

Exiting the Porsche esses. :yuck:

EDK
That's seriously how it goes with this.

I remember back in my GT4 D3 days, I could pick up about 4 seconds from my first save to my submission. But it always took half my running time to find the last 0.5 or so.
Yeah I gained over a second a day until exactly the last .500 I gained, took 3 days and at least 1200 miles. :crazy:

Unfortunately no submission from me this week :irked: My intended submission is dirty and I can't now get back to my PS3 to look at alternatives.

Good luck to everyone and I'll be back in week 39 after my vacation. :cheers:

EDIT: That's where my lap went south Dom

EDK
Tarmac and Blue and Yellow Rumble Strips are Track.

Managed an improvement....

Ok run to the line, a bit cautious coming out of the Porsche esses so lost 0.2 compared to my best sector there but up 0.15 on the lap.

Those are just the best "clean proof" photos I could get in an hour of watching and freezing every 3 minutes or so.
It really, really sucks not having rewind or better yet, still-by-still.💡

Submitted with the following splits:

Know it's not much but happy to have a clean lap to submit anyway ... so much fun to thunder down those roads 👍

Submitted with the following splits:

Know it's not much but happy to have a clean lap to submit anyway ... so much fun to thunder down those roads 👍
Turbo's are not allowed. :rolleyes:
:lol: jk.

Apologies to the reviewers of my lap, very difficult to get the perfect spot/photo, but can't throw away a clean fastest lap.:crazy:

circuitdelasarthe2009noc.jpg

circuitdelasarthe2009nol.jpg

Yeah I gained over a second a day until exactly the last .500 I gained, took 3 days and at least 1200 miles. :crazy:

Those are clean. 👍

Found this really tough. Managed to knock nearly 3s off my time tonight though. Submitted with these splits.

Left so much on the track that isn´t even funny :banghead:

Submitting with:

T1: 28.392
T2: 26.609
T3: 17.903
T4: 18.763
T5: 26.248

At least is clean :crazy::ouch:

I ran a late night session to try to fend off Chris and Dom, they can never leave me alone! Too late to post splits for fetchy but I think I was +0.1 at T5 and about -0.1 at the line. Another close call in the final chicane but I'm sure it's clean (but I don't have any "evidence" prepared). Hope it will be enough!

Left about 0.6 out there compared to my best I think. Very hard week - this car is mental. :P Well done all survivors - average pulse rate in WRS this week about 150bpm. 👍

Back