GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 34 : British Invasion

• Thread starter EDK
  • 194 comments
What's bus stop? :dopey:

Not sure if I've ever driven this track, maybe in some a-spec race. A second off the pace first 15 laps. :guilty:

The "Bus Stop" is the chicane on the back straight of the oval. Not really sure how it became know as that.

Tricky to get the braking point down for it. Brake to late and your into the barrier, to early and you lose time all the way to the start/finish line. I've hit the barrier more often than not.:scared:

The "Bus Stop" is the chicane on the back straight of the oval. Not really sure how it became know as that.

Well, bus stop is just another name for that shape of chicane.

It's because you're going really fast, then you have to slow down for the bus stop.

I'm sure the racers of old came up with the term due to their displeasure with these awkward turns that were put in merely to slow them down. ;)

Slow T1 but much better everywhere else. Fun combo

T1-32.563
T2-27.754
T3-16.187

30 minute session. Still think I can find at least 3 tenths somewhere.

If I could do as well in sectors 1 & 2 as I did in sector 3... I did have a T1 under 33s once, but with a dirty T4 unfortunately. Never got one again after that...

EDK
Well, bus stop is just another name for that shape of chicane.

It's because you're going really fast, then you have to slow down for the bus stop.

I'm sure the racers of old came up with the term due to their displeasure with these awkward turns that were put in merely to slow them down. ;)

I guess I could be considered one of the racers of old in more ways than one.
What's the point of slowing down, the idea of a race is to go fast right. :lol:

Slightly faster in T1-3 but .3 quicker overall.

Alright... :sly:
Ive got everything set up and maybe tonight's session will teach me the track, vaguely remember a ferrari here in the licenses (which Im still not gold on S and others :( ).
I may return with initial t times but Im expecting something around 8 to 10 seconds off leader, maybe more. :confused:

Splits from a 2nd session, great 1st sector, PB by about 0.1, 2nd sector wasnt bad...but could have been alot better. Bus stop was pretty good, just lost a fraction braking too early initially, and then a slight hesitation during the last half of it, but exit speed solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
1:20.5 at t3.
Not exactly 10 seconds off but still way behind. Learning the game and track still so this might take a while.

1:20.5 at t3.
Not exactly 10 seconds off but still way behind. Learning the game and track still so this might take a while.

You're on S2's, not the default S1's, right? Not being cynical, just making sure. 👍

Here are some first ones for me. Only had time for about 20 minutes behind the wheel tonight, but enjoying the combo even more than in testing. Finding the limit on the S2's is quite fun. :D

BTW, turn 1 braking point, just after the 3rd white lane mark stripe following the Start Finish does nicely to at least get you in the place. Clearly plenty there for me to find still, but I have a good idea of how to get another 3 or 4 tenths.

ABS 3 and BB 5/6
Surprisingly fast from what I expected, :banghead: turn 1.

What's the rule on the yellow line? Currently running all four outside of it.:confused:

First session ABS 4 , BB 7/3

Lost some in the bus stop.

I'm sure Dan's 1st sector should be 32 and not 33 right?

Last edited:
Haven't come close to my best time in ages and my best time wasn't even that good :nervous:

I'm having the same issues, I just can't keep the grip and lose time exiting corners alot.

LOL fixed.

But still not quite correct I'm sure

Changed the first split to a 32.xxx. I assume that's right.

What's the rule on the yellow line? Currently running all four outside of it.:confused:

I also used ABS 3, but standard BB. 👍

No line rules this week. Not sure if you are talking about running down in the apron? But I don't think that's faster anywhere. We ran several weeks at this track on Prologue without line rules, and never had a fast lap turned in with a bunch of running time down there.

EDK
You're on S2's, not the default S1's, right? Not being cynical, just making sure. 👍

:mad:
:(

Yup S2 tires.
Im in a gaming rut with GT.
I didnt play games for a long time and when I finally started GT5 it was very irregular until recently. I really dont know the braking points very well and my control of the throttle on powerful cars needs work to say the least. What can I say besides- my skills arent what they used to be. :ouch:

My garage is picking up and my funds are steady over 1million so hopefully I'll be able to stick with the WRS for a while. :)

I really dont know the braking points very well and my control of the throttle on powerful cars needs work to say the least. What can I say besides- my skills arent what they used to be. :ouch:

I 'm still using drivingline 'ON'.:embarrassed: It's easier to get the brake zones correct

I 'm still using drivingline 'ON'.:embarrassed: It's easier to get the brake zones correct

Was going to suggest that.

Warning that it's a bit of a "training wheels" thing, and you eventually need to turn it off if you want to get faster. Static braking points are much better than the dynamic ones suggested by the line, not to mention the fact that the line braking points are often much too conservative (see turn 1 at Suzuka).

Yes, you're correct. The drivingline mostly suggests to start braking to soon like you mentioned Kev.
That's why I try to find my own spot to start braking according to the driving line rather than searching for a point on the track to refer to.
This week it's pretty tough finding it to turn one.

That's why I try to find my own spot to start braking according to the driving line rather than searching for a point on the track to refer to.
This week it's pretty tough finding it to turn one.

No to belabor the point, but the issue with the driving line is that the suggested point is not static, it's dynamic according to car speed, so trying to build consistency by using the same braking points is very difficult.

I speak from experience, I used the line for about the first year on Prologue, but got fed up with it while running a WRS event, immediately found more speed by using track-side braking points, and never looked back.

For turn 1 this week, use the white lane marker lines. After the 3rd line following the Start Finish is a good place to start to find your limit.

Turn 2 (Not counting the kink as a turn), use the pole shadow on the left leading up to the turn.

Turn 4 (next right hand "hairpin") use the tarmac cutout on the left. You can go just past, but not much.

Turn 5 (Onto banking) use the tarmac cutout on the right.

Bus stop, use the break from concrete to grass on track left, just after, and I've found 4th gear to be both faster and more consistent. ;)

I didn't drive much in Daytona until now but I'm slowly learning how to drive on this track.

Back