Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Original > Grand valley East
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Mercedes-Benz
  • Model: C 63 AMG '08
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 566 BHP (Stock Car with Oil Change) - This number may go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.(At 225 KM on 579 BHP)
  • Weight: 1403 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine Tuning Modifications : Sports ECU Allowed,Engine Stage I,II,III , NOT Allowed,(verifiable by checking redline on the tach).
  • Intake and Exhaust Modifications : allowed
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed. Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD.
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tire Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Red and White Rumble Strips, and Tarmac, are Track Surface.
  • The Concrete/Cobble Surface found on the outside of the rumble strip in several turns is not track
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on Tarmac or Red and White Rumble Strips will be DQ'd.

CLEAN
GrandValleyEast.jpg

DIRTY
GrandValleyEast_1-1.jpg

Steward's Comments:

grandvalleyeast12.jpg

.....With the lack of the latest DTM race cars,this is as close we can get....Lets race...

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not 'Save Replay'.
  • To view your best lap replays, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While in the 'Replay Theater' you can view your total Oval lap time in the replay summary.
  • While Viewing Your Road Course Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times.
  • To post your T1, T2 and T3 splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

grandvalleyeast9.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

grandvalleyeast3u.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 62 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, April 23 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

grandvalleyeast1w.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

------------------------------ Week 62-------------------------------

------ Mercedes Benz C 63 AMG ´08 --------

----------------------------- Collection---------------------------------

grandvalleyeast1afww.jpg

grandvalyeasto2.jpg

grandvalleyeast1q.jpg

grandvalleyeast22.jpg

grandvalleyeast2s.jpg

gtpallibubba99c63amg08a.jpg

69370113302769247bc6ca.jpg

33p7n2xs.jpg

grandvalleyeastr.jpg

grandvalleyeast2dd.jpg

grandvalleyeastaaa.jpg

grandvalleyeast18sj.jpg

gtpaspecbob.jpg

xxmyphotoba2.jpg

zzzzzzgrandvalleyeast1.jpg

gtpddiamond.jpg

gtpwelshbain.jpg

gtpusualsuspect.jpg

gtpyanaran.jpg

gtpraz10.jpg

gtpsteven.jpg

gtpthewilco.jpg

zzzzgrandvalleyeast.jpg

myphoto3h.jpg

zzzgrandvalleyeast2rrr.jpg

xxxmyphoto2dd.jpg

zzgtpjack5428mercedes.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgrandv.jpg

Last edited:
Been waiting for a new combo after trying my hand at rallying (:yuck:) and this is a great choice of car. Will be looking to try this asap, nice one 👍

sure looks good this combo, will be a nice change afther all the dust we had to bear....

Sounds awesome. I love the fact that different admins are choosing, really mixes up the styles of driving. If its a conscious decision then its a great one!

Look forward to chasing you Jordan ;-)

Finally back at my wheel, and what a great combo to be back.:)

Quick session, no tune, first splits on the board:

T1 - 19.541
T2 - 20.073

Edit: Feisty this car is.

T1 - 19.351
T2 - 20.088

Breaking in a new car on sunday morning! :cheers:

It handles very... "strange". Doesn't seem to like turning at all unless you poke it with some braking or throttle. Maybe it can be fixed by tuning so I'll wait for someone who knows that stuff, I just stiffened everything up so far since the track is very smooth.

T1s are a bit crap so far on the whole. Cant slow it down.

Leaderboard isn't up and running yet?

Setup so far:
-20 -10
14.5 14.5
6 6
6 6
4 5
1.8 1.7
0.00 0.00

Tranny trick + 2.843, 2.157, 1.799, 1.501, 1.253, 1.083, 0.955 (3.250)

9/11/8 LSD
6/8 BB

Best splits after 97 miles of running, car @ 575bhp

Last edited:
Couldn't resist a quick run before I go and get some more rallying stress...

It handles very... "strange". Doesn't seem to like turning at all unless you poke it with some braking or throttle. Maybe it can be fixed by tuning so I'll wait for someone who knows that stuff, I just stiffened everything up so far since the track is very smooth.
Indeed... and I have no idea how to set the thing up to make it any better. It doesn't feel connected to the track so I can't gauge the response to setup changes. :dunce: At a loss really with this one so I've also just thrown a stiff setup at it with the standard 2.0/1.0 camber setting and lowered the ride height to -30/-30. Not sure I'm going to continue with this week but got some opening splits anyway -

Much better.

T1 - 19.282
T2 - 19.512

Edit: Once you know how the car is going to act, it's easy. Throttle control is vital here, especially around the first corner, and the car tends to have a lot of exit oversteer so be ready to correct it.

T1 - 19.218
T2 - 19.427

Last edited:
See all the tarmac to the right on the home straight where the pit exit is, Can you use this tarmac ? or is it not considered track.

Nothing wrong w/ this combo that a couple of less gears in the tranny wouldn't take care of ..... :lol: Hope it has a torque monster hiding under the hood. Good luk all :)

Ahh, I see - thrash it mercilessly. It wakes up a bit then.

Good timing on the combo with an all Mercedes front row and victory in F1 for the first time in 57 years 👍
Currently running RKM tune with 10 for rear aero and stock trans setting. No trouble with the front of the car but the rear coming out of corners needs a little work still.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4628821

Still have A LOT of under steer, and definitely not using the whole track thru sector 2. I think I could actually be a contender this week.

Fetchy seems to not be picking this week up yet?

Edit: Once you know how the car is going to act, it's easy.
I don't know if "easy" is the word I'd use, but it does seem predictable and manageable. Would be faster if it would just behave the way I want it to though! :)

Handed the car over to BOB for some laps, and he brought it back with a few more hp (583).

Last edited:
Indeed... and I have no idea how to set the thing up to make it any better. It doesn't feel connected to the track so I can't gauge the response to setup changes. :dunce: At a loss really with this one so I've also just thrown a stiff setup at it with the standard 2.0/1.0 camber setting and lowered the ride height to -30/-30.
Yes,strange handeling indeed,understeer when corner in,oversteer when going on the trottle .

No easy car but I hope interesting enough to get that last tenth out of it.

After breaking in the car I installed the chassis reinforcement but that made the car even more unpredictable.:scared:

It would be nice to see what color creations are used this week,so do you have pics,show it us 👍

I don't know if "easy" is the word I'd use, but it does seem predictable and manageable. Would be faster if it would just behave the way I want it to though! :)

Yeah, that probably came out the wrong way :scared: I mean it's easy to control once you get the hang of it's handling etc. Saying that, I don't know how you and Vagabond are getting down to the 19.0xx's, I can manage a .1 but that is only when it seems like I'm going the fastest I can go through that corner.. guess there is always time to be found. Nice splits from you two 👍

Love this combo so far ! Limited track time so far, But got a feeling it's gonna be a tight race this week. Can't wait to see the numbers drop as everyone gets a good setup.

Last one for the day. Starting to tune in the right direction anyways :)

Last edited:
Would be faster if it would just behave the way I want it to though! :)
You're fast enough thanks mate. Just stop there. :sly:

Yes,strange handeling indeed,understeer when corner in,oversteer when going on the trottle .

No easy car but I hope interesting enough to get that last tenth out of it.

After breaking in the car I installed the chassis reinforcement but that made the car even more unpredictable.:scared:
Yeah this (B)east is much better without Chassis Reinforcement - with a car that has inherent understeer, that generally makes it worse and increases the snap-to-oversteer when you push it. I'm getting a rhythm with it now I think.

It would be nice to see what color creations are used this week,so do you have pics,show it us 👍
Silver Arrow of course 👍
grandvalleyeast1r.jpg

grandvalleyeasto.jpg

First splits,

Last edited:
Great to be back.:)
T1: 19.053
T2: 19.474

Latest splits,

Like Chris said, seems you have to thrash this thing around here. Makes for lots of tire smoke in the replay. :)

Back