GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 62 : Benz - (B)east

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 331 comments
This car reminds me of an old saying "if you can take a pusher and make a slider out of it you'll have the fastest car on the track" Little and me are bottle caping as far as we can go before I start tweeking it while were breaking it in, so dealing w/ the push will be something were dealing w/ and will post my fastest splits using the all the modded parts in their orig configuration as a base line.

grandvalleyeast1afww.jpg

grandvalyeasto2.jpg

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will post the pics in the OP.

New splits, better T1, slightly slower T2, better OA.

I like Chris's Silver Arrow.👍

I ran out of Chrome Silver, had lots of Chrome Purple. Purple Arrow just doesn't sound right. :lol:

it's nothing to wright home about but it took me about 40 laps to finally beat Little w/ his best effort, so now that I'm on the board w/ this twichy animal :)

T1: 19.648
T2: 20.089

It's tweeking time :lol:

------------------------------- update ----------------------------------------

Man you should see Little fliping out trying to beat my "stock/modded" ghost :lol:

Last edited:
Have some free time this week, gonna give it a go. I'll be aiming at the top of Div3, cause I really feel like I have lost my already missing skills.

My first Splits. :nervous:

Newer Splits

Last edited:

I dont find the car to be a major challenge to drive but finding more time thru sector 2 is proving a challenge right now. Biffy however says a DS3 can fly thru it somehow, so it looks like its going to be a great week solving yet another T2 mystery.:)

Oh Btw I tuned the heck out of it to drive as well as I did so far for sure. I dont know if the tunes really wrong for T2 or Im just not hitting all the sweet spots thru it or what at the moment.

Guessing a little of both.

On a side note I cant believe how low Ive went already. haha

T1: 19.648
T2: 20.089

Took my first step using a 5 speed trany and a little bit more fine tuning and it should be a great setup. I threw a bag of sand in the rear trunk to neutral out the balance of the car to 50/50 to get rid of the weird handling and it's like butter :)

T1: 19.549
T2: 19.925

@Jack

Post your tune please :) You're my unofficial go-to guy for the DS3 tunes :sly:

Sure no problem.

Im not worried if any D2s driving DS3 use it anyhow. Biffy already is doing awesome so he dont need a tune. haha

Bought a rear wing and using full downforce.

15/-30
5.6/4.2
1/1
1/1
1/1

LSD 5/20/10

cmaber 2.0/2.0
no toe

BB 4/4? I was using 5/5 but tried 4/4 and went lower, because the brakes? I dont know. lol

Tranny...I just did a quick trick tranny with a top speed of 306 km/h whatever the default trannys top speed is in MPH use that.

Hopefully you can do one yourself and it works alright for you becasue its so rough I plan on redoing mine some.

The whole tune isnt finished just works for now to go lower for example those dampers? Heck I dont know one of the last things I do is really mess with them.

My suspension settings started from the stock suspension settings because it isnt half bad driving with just the suspension the car comes with.

Last edited:
First stab at it:

I like this combo.

A little quicker at the line.

Lost a ton of time in T1 but made up alot in T2

Just keep going back and forth where I get it and where I'm loosing it. Right now the car feels like an MR instead of FR in turn 1. As soon as I get off the brake, if I am not on the gas at least a little bit, it wants to come around. Really sensitive there.

Last edited:
Loving this combo! Still feels like I am on dirt sometimes!

Al

Great T2 Al! Whats the hot setup for this one? 💡

Found this tune in the tuning threads by Theo777, using GTP_Insatiable tranny and ABS10

Drivetrain
LSD Rear: 5/8/10

Suspension
Ride Height: +0/+0
Spring Rate: 13.5/11.8
Extension: 8/9
Compression: 7/4
Anti-Roll: 5/4
Camber: 1.9/2.1
Toe: -0.12/-0.10

Brake Balance: 6/6

New splits!

I'm going have a cruise around here later on to break the engine in a little. I won't be running with any sort of tuning on it, so don't expect much.;)

First splits of the day. After i got out my wallet and actually bought a wing ( DOH!)

Last edited:
Man, this combo is a corker! After 15 Laps, this is my best splits

New splits to be posted in next page.

And my car...

GrandValleyEast.jpg

Last edited:
First splits, this feels so different afther running 'the alps' for a week.

Last edited:
Back