GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 62 : Benz - (B)east

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 331 comments
Nice combo you have here, Sjaak. 👍

I'm a bit hard wired to the enduro qualifying and practice at the moment, but will try to find some time for this. :)

Thanks to the tunes. Was able to get decent (for me) splits within a short time. But I fear there might not be too much room for improvement.

T1: 19.571
T2: 20.779

T1: 19.417
T2: 20.038

T1: 19.329
T2: 19.766

Last edited:
EDK
Nice combo you have here, Sjaak. 👍

I'm a bit hard wired to the enduro qualifying and practice at the moment, but will try to find some time for this. :)

Thanks Kevin ,hope to find some time to run it for myself too.:)

Nice pics guys,👍,I will post them on the OP.

grandvalleyeast22.jpg

grandvalleyeast2s.jpg

gtpallibubba99c63amg08a.jpg

69370113302769247bc6ca.jpg

Don't have any fancy paintjob yet. Will have a look in the shop, don't think I've ever painted a car on this account. :P

T2 I poop on you! :mad:

Last edited:
Don't have any fancy paintjob yet. Will have a look in the shop, don't think I've ever painted a car on this account. :P

I've painted mine a nice shade of purple.:) I'll try and get a picture up tomorrow. It's been a long time since I've put a picture up though so it may not work.:lol:

Nice combo, but with this kind of power on such a small track don´t see myself doing a lot of stints over the week.

After break in the car, first splits:

T1: 19.037
T2: 19.442

Will post a pic this night

Really fun combo Sjaak 👍. And a really great idea too putting them all up on the OP.

Will post some splits tonight.

New splits, now that I've figured the first corner out I should be able to improve that first sector.

T1: 19.196
T2: 19.396

And some madman tried taking pictures of me driving from on the track! So I did a little drift for him ;)

grandvalleyeast1h.jpg

grandvalleyeast2.jpg

One of those 'damn you sector two!' laps but I'm so happy with that T1!

T1: 19.034
T2: 19.462

Are we allowed to use aftermarket drivetrain parts? Didn't say can or can't.

Lil bit better splits. Hating the 7 speed tranny! :grumpy:

Lefty is using a 5 speed tranny. You could simply set the top speed way to high for the track so that you top out in 5th gear before the entry to the first corner.

There are ways to set up a trick tranny like that but explaining at the moment I cant do (real tired and would have to try setting one up myself) but maybe Lefty might be willing to share his tranny set up?

@jack5428:
Thanks I'll try Lefty's 5sp tranny trick. I believe he shared it in one of the earlier TT's. I will try to find it.
Hmmmmm! In retrospect, I think it was a 4sp tranny trick.

Last edited:
Ugh, not finding the time to find the time this week. I think I have a phenomenal lap in me just gotta have the time to extract it.

@jack5428:
Thanks I'll try Lefty's 5sp tranny trick. I believe he shared it in one of the earlier TT's. I will try to find it.
Hmmmmm! In retrospect, I think it was a 4sp tranny trick.

Try to see how he did it but instead of 4th being the last gear used 5th is. Should work the same principles so if you did the 4th gear thing on your tranny understand how it works you could do it with 5th gear or 6th gear instead.

On this one I am using Jacks setup and had to go up one gear to a 6 speed. The car just doesn't have quite enough torque to accelerate through the turns w/ the taller gears so I had to go w/ the 6 speed. The main reason I do this is to quiet the car down and take it to the point that it just has enough torque to barely break the tires loose thusly taking the acceleration of the car to the edge of stability. Keeping the car calm under acceleration is important to determin how the car is handling so it shows the cars short falls and not something the driver is doing is causing the problem.

I tried a 4 speed but it wasn't quick enough, the 5 speed needed more torque so the 6 speed was the right call and handled short shifting up right before the exit of the turn to show the torque on escape.

Weight Balance 54/46 (Removed the sand bag out of the trunk, Jacks setup was for a pusher)

Trany Trick, then
don't matter

Final Gear (2881)
Top Speed (All the way to the left)

Last edited:
Hey Lefty, I think Fetchy picked up your gear ratios for splits.

If you leave the decimal points out I think that will fix it.

Ugh, not finding the time to find the time this week. I think I have a phenomenal lap in me just gotta have the time to extract it.

Ya just hadda do it! You just breezed by me and left me in you're quake. :)
Nice :bowdown:

Latest splits. Calling it a night for now.

Point 1 something better at the line

Another tenth at the line.

Last edited:

Fun combo! No tune on yet other than a tweaked LSD. Getting 5 gears out of the stock trans with all the other allowed parts on. Painted mine in "Mandarin" with RP01s in "AMG Monza grau magno". I'll track on a picture with the next update. :D

Hi all great combo to come back on I just hope I get to give it enough time. Just to clarify can we purchase body parts to change aero? Also do the wheels have to be standard? Thanks

Back