GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 77 : Two Ton Roadhammer

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 153 comments
Well! After breaking in the car I haven't managed to make much of an improvement!

New splits:

Then a slight improvement. This combo seems to suit my driving style quite well, enjoying it a lot!

Last edited:
Can't quite figure out the esses with all that rain, but it's fun nonetheless. I can't tune to save my life, but I cranked the F/R distribution to 35 front/65 rear to mostly cure the understeer.

I give up. Unless someone comes up with a tune or explains the line they're taking, I'm done.

I've tried every tune and every line possible and still can't improve.

Very frustrating.

I give up. Unless someone comes up with a tune or explains the line they're taking, I'm done.

I've tried every tune and every line possible and still can't improve.

Very frustrating.

I so sorry about I don't share my tune yet. This week is turning in a so hard one for me. I have no time to nothing! Really sorry, because not sharing tunes in a competition is does not fair in my opinion.
I will try to sign in @ PS3 friday. If I don't, I won't submit my time.
Don't worry guys, I don't want to screw up the week of anybody.

Found this in a search. Haven't tried it.
AUDI RS6 AVANT '08 956HP 1524KG
Settings:
AERO F0 R15
LSD INITIAL TORQUE F8 R16
LSD ACCEL F18 R35
LSD BRAKING F6 R8
CENTER DIFF F 30% R 70%
RH F -28 R -30
SR F 10.2 R 10.0
EXT F6 R8
COMP F6 R7
ROLL BAR F3 R4
CAMBER F 1.8 R 0.6
TOE F -0.02 R -0.05

I will also post my tune tonight after work.

I don't really know much about tuning but, my setup has seemed to work quite well for me and maybe can be used for your own baseline and improved upon.

Still a lot of tuning work to do and still not run in fully.

Last edited:
:) When you look at the leaderboards of this weeks TT, it seems to be all division 1 drivers are on vacation :)

Gerchu
I so sorry about I don't share my tune yet. This week is turning in a so hard one for me. I have no time to nothing! Really sorry, because not sharing tunes in a competition is does not fair in my opinion.
I will try to sign in @ PS3 friday. If I don't, I won't submit my time.
Don't worry guys, I don't want to screw up the week of anybody.

Nothing to apologize for, and you should definitely submit your time this week. I wasn't trying to single you out, I was just trying to convey my frustration with my lack of progress.

I don't ever expect to win d2, but I'm not usually so far off the pace.

Hopefully I can find where I'm losing so much time before deadline.

After 300+ miles, I'm miles off the D2 pace too, Baron. Not sure yet if I've given up, but with the Motegi races coming up this weekend, I suspect I have.

Respect to Speedy for a good combo, but it's got me stumped. :confused:

I know my splits are nowhere near Gerchu's but here are the settings I'm using anyway.

Initial Torque------------12 12
Acceleration-------------20 20
Braking------------------15 15

Torque Distribution-------40 60

Ride Height----------- -27 -27
Spring Rate----------- 8.0 5.6
Dampers(both)-------- 5 3
Anti-Roll Bars--------- 4 3

Camber Angle---------- 1.5 0.9
Toe Angle------------- 0.00 0.20

Brakes---------------- 4 2

As I said, I don't know a thing about tuning but, these are the settings that I have found works for me.

Last edited:
I have got to give this another go! Trying to find time with Motegi going on this weekend!

Al

Just for fun I gave this a go with my DS3, can't be worse than my progress with my wheel and I came up with these splits. T3 was just over 1 second faster! No offence but oh how I loathe this track

Last edited:
yes, full weight reductions are allowed.

Ah cool, just run a few laps on full weight then noticed the weight set in the OP, forgot to save the lap though, no loss :)

Thanks.

1.5 Ton Roadhammer :sly:

29wtrfp.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/29wtrfp.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wrong tires in that picture.

Edit: I don't think this combo is for me.... I managed to clip the outer curb going into the first corner which sent me into a spin and upon hitting the guardrail on the outside of the corner, I flipped the car multiple times.

Last edited:
I used the Intermediates for my fastest lap. GT5 changes the tyres from Intermediates to Rain everytime you watch a replay. Also the Intermediates are faster than the Rain tyres.

Wrong tires in that picture.

Edit: I don't think this combo is for me.... I managed to clip the outer curb going into the first corner which sent me into a spin and upon hitting the guardrail on the outside of the corner, I flipped the car multiple times.

I noticed that aswell.. I tried this combo earlier today for a few hours and couldn't get within 0.750 at split 2, it was like hitting my head against a brick wall. Will try again tomorrow, maybe im just rubbish in the rain :indiff:

Now I've flipped it coming out of turn 1 down the entire length of that short straight before Turn 2.

Sometimes you hit a wall of constant slow consistency:banghead:, you rage quit, and go to sleep aggravated:grumpy:. Then the following day you somehow magically improve your times on the first run.:sly:

Still using stock tune, this time the car is completely broken in.

GTPorsche
Now I've flipped it coming out of turn 1 down the entire length of that short straight before Turn 2.

I've only done the dull thud as the car smacks the first bit of colored concrete on the exit of corner 1. But I've done it dozens of times... I'd live to see a video of a barrel role in GT5!

After reading Twissy's lackluster performance, I don't feel so bad about sucking at this combo! Cheers James :) By the way, did you too find the line is slippy due to the rubber build up?

Now I'm looking forward to reviewing the videos to see what sculdugery these quick folks have used to set these times. I'm pretty sure there's no cheating going on, just some cool ways to get through wet corners.

I've only done the dull thud as the car smacks the first bit of colored concrete on the exit of corner 1. But I've done it dozens of times... I'd live to see a video of a barrel role in GT5!

After reading Twissy's lackluster performance, I don't feel so bad about sucking at this combo! Cheers James :) By the way, did you too find the line is slippy due to the rubber build up?

Now I'm looking forward to reviewing the videos to see what sculdugery these quick folks have used to set these times. I'm pretty sure there's no cheating going on, just some cool ways to get through wet corners.

Well, I've tried all sorts of different lines, hugging the inside, the normal racing line, taking the wide line.. for the first corner the best way I found was the traditional racing line with lots of throttle moderation to make sure the car dosent run wide and slam the barrier. The second corner the wide line is far faster and have seen a 26.1xx but think that was a fluke. Then in the space of two corners I lose 7 tenths or so, so Im guessing thats where im going wrong as I'm happy with the rest of the lap. I just cant seem to get the S bend right, I've tried going round the inside, going wide and cutting back, numerous set up changes... havent a clue :boggled:

I think if I don't make progress on this tomorrow, I'll skip this week.

Nice combo but I just can't get a good feel for it.

GTPorsche
I think if I don't make progress on this tomorrow, I'll skip this week.

Nice combo but I just can't get a good feel for it.

Is there a penalty for having a bad week? Does it hurt your promotion chances? I'm not sure that I understand the harm in doing worse than you usually fo, but I'm new to participating in the WRS.

Is there a penalty for having a bad week? Does it hurt your promotion chances? I'm not sure that I understand the harm in doing worse than you usually fo, but I'm new to participating in the WRS.

I asked Vaxen that same question and he responded by saying that one will never be demoted by lack of performance.

I wasn't even able to get a clean lap in. Handicap is always affected by participating in the TT, but I'm more worried about having a clean lap at the end of the week than I am about my handicap.

Back