GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 8 : Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

• Thread starter EDK
  • 534 comments
Anyone else having issues with the first turn? My car always stays in a straight line when braking, even with ABS 5, so I end up running a slow wide line :(

Anyone else having issues with the first turn? My car always stays in a straight line when braking, even with ABS 5, so I end up running a slow wide line :(

You have to brake earlier then normal, comfort hard tyres don't have tons of grip. Smooth and steady is the key.

I'm liking this one. I have another question about the track: in places where there are lines indicating the track (going around the tires the first time, and in the chicane) are we supposed to have at least 2 tires on or inside the lines? And I assumed that hitting the cones was okay if you're not DQed for it, since I would consider them the edge of the track and you could have 2 tires over.

(Of course I took out a cone on that lap. :-/ )

Edit: Sorry, cones aren't okay, didn't read the rules well enough. So EDK, I think you'll want to specify that if someone hits a cone they need to restart after that lap, because subsequent laps would allow them to drive where that cone was. And then I would assume that during replay checking, if we see a cone down anywhere the lap is invalid?? That would be an important issue I think.

Edit 2: New clean lap.

Last edited:
10 laps... goodbye acceleration, hello understeer.

T1: 42.438
T2: 25.312

Nice T1 for starters Phillip 👍

Manuelos - unbelievable with a DS3. 👍 I can't do a whole lap of any course with a DS3 any more :dunce:

Last go for me tonight.
T1 42.578
T2 25.343

Some nice splits posted already guys.

Hello all, due to our PS3 FAT CRASH we have gone on a diet and are using a leaner new PS3 SLIM and I ended up w/ a new PSN ID out of the deal, and to introduce my new WRS competition name I give you my favorite cartoon super hero him self, Scooby Doo - "Hit It Scoob"
scooby-doo.jpg

GTP_RyRyWright

Hopefully I can put in some laps next weekend a post a time, looks like a fun combo.... Good Luck Everyone 👍

The invisible cones keep catching me every now and then. :lol:

First session splits:

T1 42.183
T2 25.182

MadMax

Hello all, due to our PS3 FAT CRASH we have gone on a diet and are using a leaner new PS3 SLIM and I ended up w/ a new PSN ID out of the deal, and to introduce my new WRS competition name I give you my favorite cartoon super hero him self, Scooby Doo - "Hit It Scoob"
scooby-doo.jpg

GTP_RyRyWright

Hopefully I can put in some laps next weekend a post a time, looks like a fun combo.... Good Luck Everyone 👍

New name maybe, But you'll still be little lefty :lol:
Get up to speed little dude & get some times up.
Check out these questions too. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5146907#post5146907
Uncle raggy he he he he he heeeeee

New name maybe, But you'll still be little lefty :lol:
At leas my last name is the same now......lol

We must have deleted my comfermation e-mail because we can't find anything from PSN but no big deal EDK said he could change it no prob but thanks for the suggestion though :)

This track and this car are a hoot, it feels like the show and how those blokezz are going flat out but still have time to chat it up w/ the fans. The call on the tires was perfect and the car tracks great. I remember those times me and my buds would grab one of our parents grocery getters and just drive that thing flat out everywhere. This combo should be called the flat out challenge……….lol “WFO”

T1: 42.922
T2: 25.446

WFO_logo.jpg

After double and triple checking the race details, I eventually figured out that the track was locked! So after watching paint dry by driving the bus :yuck: I was able to give this a try...

Here is what I came up with after my first session
T1: 42.720
T2: 25.386

Oooo! This one looks more my speed. It should at least be more fun for me than that nightmare combo from last week. :yuck: I'll give it a go tomorrow...or maybe in an hour or so if I can get the TV....midnight racing is fun~! :mischievous:

Woohoo, must say, been waiting for this one. Tons o'fun. And that poor right front tire :) I swear I left most of it the Hammerhead. So far:

T1: 42.983
T2: 25.652

Samba bus challenge was way easier now than back in Dec when I settled for 2nd. Whether due to an update, or driver skill, we will never know. :)

Fun combo, thanks Admins! I liked the Eiger/Alfa combo too, but was horrible at it.

First splits for me:

T1: 42.753
T2: 25.716

I really like the slower combos 👍

Manuelos - unbelievable with a DS3. 👍 I can't do a whole lap of any course with a DS3 any more :dunce:
There are still some track-car combo's where are I can match (sometimes even beat) my laptimes with the ds3. High speed ring for example is also a track where I'm as fast with the ds3.

Is there anything invisible on the track that we all need to be aware of, don't want to post a time and end up getting disqualified at the end of the week. I know about the invisible walls but to be fair bouncing off them isn't going to get you a faster time anyway, is there anything else we need to be aware of.

Thanks in advance 👍

I'd like to know what people think about the penultimate turn - it has a lump of solid surface that is not the track, on the inside of it. Is it part of the track, or part of the non-track (e.g. grass)

Also the outer part of the exit of turn 1 (ignoring the slight bend) - the right-side has a strange surface, is this track or non-track?

These are the only bits I've found so far that won't invalidate your lap with a red time. I believe red times won't save when you do 'Save best lap'

Back