GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 8 : Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

• Thread starter EDK
  • 534 comments
Just when I thought some of us lower division drivers had a chance of a overall podium, the other big guns come out to play :sly: :ouch:

Nice split times crazytortoise and W-G-E 👍

Think i will forget about an overall podium and concentrate on my division :sly:

I take it your using the handbrake for chicago (turn 2), wish I could use it but with my driving style I can't, plus mapping the button is to much hassle, looks like a good advantage to have for that turn using it.

Great splits by the way 👍
Thanks, but I don't use the handbrake. I don't know where and when I should use it. :dunce:

hahaha, all in the last second.
f2t3p111n117.gif
👍

What you think guys, close but on?

f2t1p142n26.jpg

f2t1p142n25.jpg

lol

watched now many times, its very close, but i think also is on.
and no worries, my t2 was bad again. :yuck:
will try one more hour.
f2t3p111n11.gif

lol

watched now many times, its very close, but i think also is on.
and no worries, my t2 was bad again. :yuck:
will try one more hour.
f2t3p111n11.gif

Seeing your pics really makes me think I am not pushing the car to it's limits, makes me wonder if I should give it another go later. No other game would ever give you a clean lap for that, I need to remind myself for future time trials that I can act as a lawn mower, I know I mowed the grass for the last turn but it's not as close a call as yours :sly:

All this talking about T3 so important is starting to :nervous: me. If I get the braking point for 2nd to last corner right, I have a good T3 (for me). I don't know what's tricky about it.

New splits:

to me T3 is the most critical, I've been up to 5 or 6 car lengths ahead of my ghost going into the next to last corner and the prick still passes me.... I'm giving it one more go though.

loving this btw, thanks for WRS and the way its run!!!!!!

I'm going to submit with

T3 was rubbish though, a full three tenths off my best

Time submitted with posted splits. I did a few sub-42 t1's, but Hammerhead! 🤬 I'm happy with my time, :) Now for week 9. 👍

My final splits for this week are:

T1: 42.699
T2: 25.464

Had a lot of fun this week.

Submitting with the following splits, which are a bit slower than the previous splits.

I had a session to clean up a corner like Rudi's and beat it by .09x, good enough!

Had a good time with this combo.
Thanks, Kevin. 👍

Final submitted time after a few more laps tonight :)

T1: 42.668
T2: 25.181

Not entirely happy as I've been .2 up overall but went 4 wheels off :(

I to would like to thank Kev for such a great combo this week, very addictive have been in two minds whether to have another go at it before the deadline.

Thanks again, also looking forward to this weeks, not my favorite track as I could never be bothered to learn it. Now I have had a sudden change of heart and look forward to running this later on today or tomorrow. 👍

Submitted one hour ago with splits from the pics. I take the risk. :nervous:

I was just to stupid for Hammerhead. :ouch:

Good luck. 👍

Submitted with following splits:

Really disappointed about my performance, but I know that this is a technical track that needs getting used to. Very grateful tho to do some first serious lapping around here 👍

I to would like to thank Kev for such a great combo this week, very addictive have been in two minds whether to have another go at it before the deadline.

Thanks again, also looking forward to this weeks, not my favorite track as I could never be bothered to learn it. Now I have had a sudden change of heart and look forward to running this later on today or tomorrow. 👍

Seconded.

Results are up won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it, viewable on WRS leaderboards, post my congrats when the thread goes up

Thanks for the heads up Plato. Congrats to all, especially the top D3 guys, amazing times. I'm happy with 25th overall and 7th in D3 for my first WRS.

Thanks to the admin team for a great event. Onto Germany...

Back