GTP_WRS New Drivers and Promotions

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 3,085 comments
Promotions, round 2:

Mike_Peperni (mike_gt3) D1 Silver -> D1 Gold (1.23557 -0.43110)
doodlemonoply (doodlemonoply) D1 Silver -> D1 Gold (1.32793 -0.33874)
GTP_PASM (PASM) D1 Bronze -> D1 Silver (1.54087 -0.45913)
GTP_WRP001 (WRP001) D2 Gold -> D1 Bronze (1.99719 -0.33614)
nyyppa (Deton) D2 Silver -> D2 Gold (2.27782 -0.38885)
IRT_tka_tha (tka_tha) D2 Silver -> D2 Gold (2.32809 -0.33857)
couttsy21 (couttsy21) D3 Silver -> D3 Gold (3.28901 -0.37766)
dpinho1975 (Daniel Pinho) D4 Gold -> D3 Bronze (3.71231 -0.62102)
GTP_ohitsyoubob (ohitsyoubob) D4 Gold -> D3 Bronze (3.87105 -0.46228)
* jfro222 (jfro22) D4 Silver -> D3 Bronze (3.89397 -0.77269)
gazleton (gazleton) D4 Gold -> D3 Bronze (3.99945 -0.33388)
GForce1015 (wingman1659) D4 Silver -> D4 Gold (4.12427 -0.54240)
SERIALF (Serialf) D4 Silver -> D4 Gold (4.18004 -0.48663)
hottracer88 (Hottracer88) D4 Silver -> D4 Gold (4.32994 -0.33673)

* denotes double promotion

Nice job everybody :bowdown: D1 is getting crowded (GOOD! Get out of D2 and let me get a podium :lol:)

On another note: GTP_pilmat / pilmat / Canada (2.453 / 2.384), I'm getting dangerously close to a promotion :nervous:. Buried in the D2 results every week and only squeezing out meagre negative handicaps, but yet on the cusp of a promotion to gold :eek:

💡 Maybe I'll sandbag for a week!! (Yeah right, with a FF around a bull ring... ;))

Thank you WRS crew! The registry is sorting itself out very quickly and quite nicely:gtpflag:

Congrats to all the promotees and welcome all new drivers! A well deserved jump into D1G for @mike_gt3 and @doodlemonoply , that's where you guys belong!

When I qualified for the very first time some weeks ago, I was honestly surprised and a bit scared when I ended up in D2S, as I was really doubtful about my skills and experience behind the wheel. Now I've gotten my first promotion into D2G. I'm very happy and excited about this, and of course I'm also feeling that I have to start pushing myself even more to be able to compete, but that's how you become better, right?

It's been a very fun couple weeks for me and I'm really glad I decided to join the WRS. I feel like I've learned a lot already. I've set goals to myself and many times reached them, and even gotten past them and above my own expectations a couple times. This has also helped me to shake off some of my (unnecessary) self-criticism and doubt towards myself. Having a self-critical nature can sometimes be a bit of a pain in the rear.

Thanks for the past weeks for the crew and my fellow racers! Looking forward to the next ones. :cheers:

Thank you Vaxen :bowdown:

This has been an outstanding few weeks. The community is even better and friendlier then it was before! The choice of combos have been great too. They gave me confidence to push and I'm proud of the fact that in two of the TT's I've done I've come very close to my theoretical best. I'm hoping I can still improve my raw Time Trial speed in the future. My ultimate goal is D1 Gold, but getting there is very very tough.

So many congratulations to Mike @mike_gt3 and Andrew @doodlemonoply for getting there. Great achievements!

Another milestone is achieved by Tim @WRP001, getting to D1! Congratulations, mate. Great improvement from D3 Silver where you started in GT5 👍

And of course, congratulations to all promotees :cheers: Welcome new drivers, too!

Long live WRS :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Thanks Bart, congratz to you too. I have no doubt your D1-Gold material and you'll be there in the not too distant future. I, on the other hand, got into D1 by the skin of my handicap and I think I'm at my limit, but pleased! Now just waiting for my good friend Lucas to join me. After that all we need is Marc!

Big congratz to the two newly appointed aliens Mike and Andrew. There isn't much doubt you belong there.

:cheers:

Congratulations to Mike and Andrew for reaching the ultimate goal! :cheers:

Very well done Bart, it's just your last stop on your way to the top. 👍

Tim, excellent work getting into D1 after only one participation with a negative handicap! 👍 And yes, I'm sure Lucas will join you very soon.

Thank you Vaxen :bowdown:

This has been an outstanding few weeks. The community is even better and friendlier then it was before! The choice of combos have been great too. They gave me confidence to push and I'm proud of the fact that in two of the TT's I've done I've come very close to my theoretical best. I'm hoping I can still improve my raw Time Trial speed in the future. My ultimate goal is D1 Gold, but getting there is very very tough.

So many congratulations to Mike @mike_gt3 and Andrew @doodlemonoply for getting there. Great achievements!

Another milestone is achieved by Tim @WRP001, getting to D1! Congratulations, mate. Great improvement from D3 Silver where you started in GT5 👍

And of course, congratulations to all promotees :cheers: Welcome new drivers, too!

Long live WRS :gtpflag:

I know there's not much chance, but if there's any way I can help you get D1 Gold, I'm always available, no life and all that. :lol: I know someone as amazing as you could help me. :cheers::bowdown:

:bowdown: Congrats Andrew and Mike on making D1 Gold, and Bart for D1 Silver. 👍

Thank you, I mean congrats to Baron, Ian, and Tim for getting out of D2, I mean for making it to D1. ;)

Congrats to Deton and tka_tha for getting into D2 Gold, it'll be less embarrassing now when you beat me. :dopey:
Congrats to everyone who got promoted, keep up the good work. :gtpflag:

Also welcome back Jerome, D2G is the place to be. Let the battles commence. :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks Bart, congratz to you too. I have no doubt your D1-Gold material and you'll be there in the not too distant future. I, on the other hand, got into D1 by the skin of my handicap and I think I'm at my limit, but pleased! Now just waiting for my good friend Lucas to join me. After that all we need is Marc!

Big congratz to the two newly appointed aliens Mike and Andrew. There isn't much doubt you belong there.

:cheers:
Waiting this long to respond probably looks like pouting, and might be a little bit true. :P Already congratulated you in the secret mod forums, but :cheers: X 2. 👍
I currently have 3X the number of "Driving Hours" as you in the Stats screen, so no lack of trying. :crazy:

Echoing everyone else's congrats to Mike and Andrew, as well as the other promotees and new guys. :gtpflag:

I've just noticed that I've been promoted to Div 3 bronze. I was checking where my Brands splits were on the leaderboard. I didn't see that coming as I've only got -par once out of 5 weeks. I'm really pleased and will have to push harder at Monaco.

I've just noticed that I've been promoted to Div 3 bronze. I was checking where my Brands splits were on the leaderboard. I didn't see that coming as I've only got -par once out of 5 weeks. I'm really pleased and will have to push harder at Monaco.

Welldone, now go and change youre signature :)

Back