GTP_WRS Online: Parity Racing: Deep Forest Reverse - 1975 or older - 12/13 April

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 748 comments
Room is open for the Sunday race,

1472-6118-3701-4255-5782

Start is in:

img.php

We will do a test race to eliminate the start bug with a first race start.
The bug will place racers all over the track and for what I have seen the second start is a good one.

Some great close racing today, in quite a variety of vehicles. :eek:

Cheers Sjaak for hosting/directing the races. :cheers:

Jammy's Chevy presented me with vision...challenges
Indianapolis Road Course_11_edit960.jpg

Bart asserting his speed in his Mafia-mobile
Indianapolis Road Course_12_edit960.jpg

Really close on this full-throttle right-kink
Indianapolis Road Course_13_edit960.jpg

Trying for the best draft opportunity on the straight
Indianapolis Road Course_14_edit960.jpg

My truck got some attention...it's one of the american's best-selling one, isn't it? That's why I used it. I had used it in the NASCAR Truck racing series so I know it quite well and it was fun to run :)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the video, Speedy 👍
This was a really enjoyable event - it gave me the opportunity to race with some drivers who would normally be out of sight.
I chose the Shelby Daytona because on sport hard tyres with a power reduction it was sweet handling and relatively easy to drive. Thanks to Sjaak, Wayne and PASM for their suggestions for the car, and hats off to Bart (PASM) for choosing something that was trying to kill him :lol:.
Everyone had chances to run at the front, and because of the variety of cars chosen, everyone seemed to be fastest on different parts of the track.
I would like to encourage more of you to try this concept of racing in the future, you would not regret it.
Mark this thread and be there for the next one - I will :cheers:

Yeah, the only thing missing were side mounted Tommy guns :lol:

I had a lot of fun with this one. The video shows the best race of the night.

Bart, that's not just ordinary matte black, is it? It normally doesn't look that dark...

Thanks for posting the video, Speedy 👍
This was a really enjoyable event - it gave me the opportunity to race with some drivers who would normally be out of sight.
I chose the Shelby Daytona because on sport hard tyres with a power reduction it was sweet handling and relatively easy to drive. Thanks to Sjaak, Wayne and PASM for their suggestions for the car, and hats off to Bart (PASM) for choosing something that was trying to kill him :lol:.
Everyone had chances to run at the front, and because of the variety of cars chosen, everyone seemed to be fastest on different parts of the track.
I would like to encourage more of you to try this concept of racing in the future, you would not regret it.
Mark this thread and be there for the next one - I will :cheers:

Nice post Phil,I highlighted some parts which exactly shows what parity racing is.
It is great fun.:)

Speedy,many thanks for making the video 👍 this is absolute advertisement for 3D3 racing events and in special Parity Racing. :gtpflag:

Done this video with pleasure on request of Sjaak. 👍

Great video Speedy.

I thought of something while watching. Specifically for Parity videos it might be nice to switch the option where you see the driver names and select the car model instead (that's possible right?). People who aren't in the know would see the car models and I think the driver names still stay on top of the cars anyway right? (not sure on that).

Great video Speedy.

I thought of something while watching. Specifically for Parity videos it might be nice to switch the option where you see the driver names and select the car model instead (that's possible right?). People who aren't in the know would see the car models and I think the driver names still stay on top of the cars anyway right? (not sure on that).
Thanks and yes, I think that should be possible.

Too bad I had to miss that weekend of racing. It looks like I may have been able to keep up with the competition as long as I didn't muck up too much. I can't wait to see what the next one will be like...and hopefully make it this time.

Update: These should happen once per month. There aren't enough races that I can compete with most other drivers on a weekly basis (I'm always at or near the back in the slowest rooms). Speaking for the slow guys, we need more to help us get near position to grab a podium spot and these Parity Races seem to do just that; but they need to happen more often.

Unless someone can think of a better way to let a slow guy get into a spot where he could start to think about winning a race once in a while (as fun as they are, I don't ever think I will ever win a WRS race in the normal format), I'd vote to have a Parity Race at least once every month.

Last edited:

WRSOENew3D3.png

Presents...

Parity Racing:
:: Open to all members who are listed on/ or currently running the GTP_WRS Qualifier ::
:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

View attachment 113315

Track: Grand Valley East Reverse
Target Time: 1'04.000
Max Speed: 233 kph / 144 mph
Tire: Racing Hard / Racing Medium
Car Choice: Any Race Car

Saturday, March 8th, 2014

AU: 7:00 PM AEDT | 0:00 AM Pacific | 3:00 AM Eastern | 8:00 AM GMT (Saturday) | World Clock

EU: 22:00 GMT | 2:00 PM Pacific | 5:00 PM Eastern | 9:00 AM AEDST (Sunday) | World Clock

NA: 8:30 PM Pacific | 11:30 PM Eastern | 4:30 AM GMT (Sunday) l 3:30 PM AEDST (Sunday) | World Clock

Driver Registration

Info First Post

Note:
The time slots are changed.
WRS Parity Racing presents a AU,EU and a NA time slot.
This way we give more opportunities for racers to participate.

Last edited:
So this is any Race car or any RM car. Buy the picture, guessing Touring series cars.

So this is any Race car or any RM car. Buy the picture, guessing Touring series cars.

Any Race Car is Any Race Car,

check the OP,

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ng-gve-reverse-any-race-car-march-8th.273719/

It has some examples of cars you can choose.

Example cars

View attachment 113316
Subaru Impreza Touring Car: 541 pp-398 bhp-1140 kg- Racing Hard - 228 kph

Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64: 513 pp - 314 bhp - 1043 kg - Racing Medium - 231 kph

View attachment 113318
Toyota Supra GT500 base Model '05: 521 pp - 332 bhp - 1090 kg - Racing Hard - 227 kph

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car: 527 pp - 380 bhp - 1145 kg - Racing Medium - 230 kph

View attachment 113320
Lotus Elise 111R RM '04: 526 pp - 261 bhp - 720 kg - Racing Hard - 230 kph

Lexus IS350 GT300 Base model '08: 529 pp - 366 bhp - 1150 kg - Racing Hard - 229 kph

View attachment 113321

BMW M3 GT2 Base model '11: 533 pp - 374 bhp - 1245 kg - Racing Hard - 228 kph

Renault Sport Megane Base Model '11: 497 pp - 323 bhp - 975 kg - Racing Medium - 231 kph

I had a feeling one of these was just around the corner. I missed the last one :( so I am going to make sure I am racing for this. :mischievous:

I'm in ... now will the FXX do or should I just start with the Red Bull :-) I did one of these a while back in GT5 and it was loads of fun.

What is the best way to start preparing a car? Adjust for top speed first, and then tune the car for the lap time? This is my first try at this racing format!!!!!

Al

Is there a problem with the registration as I have done it a few times and I am not listed and nobody else is either?

Is there a problem with the registration as I have done it a few times and I am not listed and nobody else is either?

Yes,the page seems not to update at the moment.

@Allibubba99 ,start with setting topspeed at 250 kph.
If you cross the speed limit before braking,reduce power.
The example cars,some have reduce power,others have increased power but most have their PP between 500 and 530.
It is normal to start with a car that is a second slower then the target time,practice and fine tuning will give the last couple of tenths.

Registered for EU and NA, going to use the BRZ GT300 Base model. I took it for a 20 lap spin, GVE reverse is such a fun track. Car in offline mode is very close to target without any adjustment, need to get it online and see what tweaks I need to make to hit the target lap.

Registered for EU and NA, going to use the BRZ GT300 Base model. I took it for a 20 lap spin, GVE reverse is such a fun track. Car in offline mode is very close to target without any adjustment, need to get it online and see what tweaks I need to make to hit the target lap.
Cool me too do you have a lobby open?;)

Back