GTP_WRS Online : Week 133 Online Races - Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner - Special 2 Hour WW Race

• Thread starter EDK
  • 74 comments
Before tonight's festivities, here's the screenshot of my 5 minute stop from Saturday's race:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200613152156.png

Reactions: EDK
I've still no idea how you guys save fuel so well and not lose too much time. Me; snails pace on laps 6 and 7 to reach the pits with 0 fuel. Got a twitchy finger and accidentally pressed the fuel button, snails pace again and ran out of fuel just a few metres from the finish line. Still enjoyable though. :)

In this race it was definitely a case of using the draft to save. Being in first was not very useful for my tactic so was hoping jammy would pass me, then broke late so ended up losing him anyway.

In the corners, I was taking the slow ones in 3rd and the fast ones in 5th to help save, which didn't cost a great deal of time, and then on acceleration, shifting at about 40-50%. On the straights you could keep up with the person in front by using only about 50% throttle once you were up to 6th and just coast into corner entries, or equally I was on fuel map 6 and driving about the same speed as tripleN once up to full speed on the straights.

In this race it was definitely a case of using the draft to save. Being in first was not very useful for my tactic so was hoping jammy would pass me, then broke late so ended up losing him anyway.

In the corners, I was taking the slow ones in 3rd and the fast ones in 5th to help save, which didn't cost a great deal of time, and then on acceleration, shifting at about 40-50%. On the straights you could keep up with the person in front by using only about 50% throttle once you were up to 6th and just coast into corner entries, or equally I was on fuel map 6 and driving about the same speed as tripleN once up to full speed on the straights.

Thank for the walkthrough, I really appreciate it. I'm going to take a look at the race replay again and look for anything that may help me along a little bit

I believe I've still got enough speed left in me to compete mid-pack as long as I can regain some of the consistency which I've clearly lost over time, but having to deal with fuel at the same time distracts me from that goal. Cheers, mate. :cheers:

Could have used your guys help to get the train going, so we could catch Jammy again.
But no takers.:(
So we lost out on first I think.
Then I went 110% sprint mode feeling confident, until I unraveled it all by myself - a few times...:scared::ouch:.

Well, next time we here then...
In September perhaps!?!:gtpflag:

EDK
Tim!?!

Nice to see you, I hope all is well.

Yah things are good. Enjoyed watching a bit of your stream from the race... didn’t get to watch live, but still some good racing happening. Hope all is well with you too. Still racing in chump too?

Yah things are good. Enjoyed watching a bit of your stream from the race... didn’t get to watch live, but still some good racing happening. Hope all is well with you too. Still racing in chump too?
It's Lucky Dog now. From 3 weeks ago, and we will race next weekend in a second gen MR2. 👍

What's that track on video? Seems nice flowing track.
EDK
It's Lucky Dog now. From 3 weeks ago, and we will race next weekend in a second gen MR2. 👍

Hey Tim long time! Hope you're well. You know I was thinking about you the other day, because I still use that spreadsheet you shared to me to this day. :sly:

What's that track on video? Seems nice flowing track.
It's Pacific Raceways in Seattle area.

Was built in the 60's and used to host Trans Am racing.

Now more of a drag strip, still host NHRA. But they have done some recent paving and maintenance on the road course.

Hey Tim long time! Hope you're well. You know I was thinking about you the other day, because I still use that spreadsheet you shared to me to this day. :sly:

That's awesome. I still follow your youtube channel from time to time I still remember when we streamed a few things... fun times. Hope all is well.

Back