GTP_WRS Week 107 : The French Invade Britain

• Thread starter EDK
  • 173 comments
For those enamored of the French marque.

View attachment 510811
I guess I tripped into a good reason to use them on back to back weeks. :dopey:

This seriously started out as an exercise of finding a car like this that worked, and we'd not used before. The Alfa GTA and BMW 2002, among others, were gone. But I have to say that now that I've run it, I'd not trade this out for any of those. It fits like a glove, IMO.

EDK
I guess I tripped into a good reason to use them on back to back weeks. :dopey:

This seriously started out as an exercise of finding a car like this that worked, and we'd not used before. The Alfa GTA and BMW 2002, among others, were gone. But I have to say that now that I've run it, I'd not trade this out for any of those. It fits like a glove, IMO.
I was thinking you might've had some inside scoop or something. ;)

Hmm -128- in turn 1, slow in I think. I must be doing something funny around turn 2. Or downshifting too early.

I'm a bit confused by where it says 'Tuning: Prohibited'. Is this just regular tuning or fine tuning as well?

I'm a bit confused by where it says 'Tuning: Prohibited'. Is this just regular tuning or fine tuning as well?
Change the oil on the car, install the tires that are required for the event. Make sure you have the track and driving aid settings correct.

After that, you can adjust brake balance, but that's it. No installed parts, no adjustments to other adjustable parts.

When you submit your replay, we check to make sure the settings match the event requirements.

EDK
Slow DOWN!

I came to that conclusion again last night as well. I think 7,200-7,300 is optimum, but the difference is not much. 7,400/limiter is slower for sure.

:dopey:
I went to a long track and ran vs my ghost (with ghost lap shifting at redline) and i could pull half a car on it from mid of 3rd gear to end of 5th, i could gain like half a Kmh at the line on brandhatch Indy.

EDK

Had a lap with a T1 about a tenth faster that was dirty. But it had kind of a crappy second sector anyhow.
0.006 for the win. :lol: Ahead of Macca? :check: Telling the guy 3 tenths in the lead to slow down... :cool:

Thanks for the cool combo 👍 Nice to see lots of folks going ABS 0.

Does ABS 0 really make any difference on this combo? Just curious as to how much of a difference it could make in the single braking zone?

For anybody struggling with keeping the car stable and stopping it slipping in the corners, I found that not downshifting before the corner but leaving it till you pass the apex can help....the car is much more stable at low revs and changing down when you press the gas means you can still use the higher revs of the low gear to help accelerate. This is probably much slower but it is the reason why i found so much time yesterday as I don't have the precision/skill to drive it in lower gears without slip

Will have another go on this on Sunday night and Monday. There is still about .2 in T1 left and .1 left in T2 for me. I could see .2 remaining in T2 as well but just would have to get it spot on. Addicting combo. One of the tougher combos I've done in awhile.

Does ABS 0 really make any difference on this combo? Just curious as to how much of a difference it could make in the single braking zone?

You should try it, dial down the BB until you can brake fully depressed without locking as the racing brakes overwhelm the comfort tires. I don't think you can gain time using it, i use it because it will make you look like a badass (at least i hope so ;)) and it serves as a lame excuse if i suck. :sly:

0.006 for the win. :lol: Ahead of Macca? :check: Telling the guy 3 tenths in the lead to slow down... :cool:

Thanks for the cool combo 👍 Nice to see lots of folks going ABS 0.
Yeah, I picked up 0.038 at the line last night. The dirty lap I mentioned was only another 0.006 faster, I think. Definitely into the realm of finding hundredths rather than tenths.

I've seen 0.1's at T1 and can pretty consistently hit 0.3 range second sectors, but the first sector is definitely my weak point. I probably only get a good one 1 in 10 times, so tying that to a good lap finish has been tough.

Bigger problem is that I'm gone this weekend, so tonight will be my last ditch session. :ouch:

Only hoping to make my outset goal, the rest will fall as it may.

Just done a solid hour no restarts. Around lap 30 I got a relatively quick time but it was dirty at T1, and lap 58 I managed to get a better lap in and clean! BB still at 5/5! :lol:

Wrong place but i'll stick this here to see if I can get a couple more for tonight

If anyone whats a little break from the TT I'm going to run a Parity/Pack Race at 1900GMT using last weeks Clio check out the Parity/Pack racing thread

all welcome

You guys' break biases are that low? Maybe that'll help me go a bit faster here.

I thought I managed to shave two several tenths off my time, but then I saw the brown rumble stuff isn't track :(

You guys' break biases are that low? Maybe that'll help me go a bit faster here.

I thought I managed to shave two several tenths off my time, but then I saw the brown rumble stuff isn't track :(
I am running 2/3, and seem to be on the high side. :lol:

Some are running front bias, I tried that and hated it. But I normally run very low bias in general.

Back